W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2021

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 24 February 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 15:25:37 +0900
Message-ID: <874kfh4rz2.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/02/24-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel and Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               WoT-IG/WG

24 Feb 2021

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner,
          Dan_Harrell, Philipp_Blum, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell, Takahisa_Suzuki

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape, sebastian

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Prev minutes
         2. [4]Publication plan for WoT Use Cases Note
         3. [5]Renaming the "master" branches to "main"
         4. [6]Joint calls
         5. [7]Plugfest and Virtual F2F Planning
         6. [8]Liaisons
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [11]Feb-17

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2021/02/17-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: Objections?

   --> no objections

Publication plan for WoT Use Cases Note

   [12]WoT Use Cases Editor's Draft

     [12] https://w3c.github.io/wot-usecases/

   McCool: normally 2 week review period
   ... discovery not yet ready
   ... use-case should be good
   ... Note: Publication moratorium around the upcoming AC Meeting
   on April 26-27
   ... it is getting tight
   ... no publications on April 23-29

Renaming the "master" branches to "main"

   McCool: wot-discovery and wot-security was updated already
   ... please update local copies
   ... still need to check what happens with open PRs
   ... will send out email after testing

Joint calls

   McCool: WebThings confirmed
   ... IEC CDD confirmed also
   ... IRTF/IETF (T2TRG), still pending

   Koster: I can provide updates

   McCool: APA and Microsoft DTDL (possible)

Plugfest and Virtual F2F Planning

   McCool: Plugfest: March 1-5
   ... coordination with IETF
   ... Cancellations next week?
   ... for discovery we plan to have a meeting
   ... security might be cancelled
   ... marketing not cancelled -> website launch planned
   ... main call not cancelled
   ... PF call overlaps

   <kaz> [13]Meeting cancellations during the Pluggfest and vF2F

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Cancellations

   McCool: TD will likely be cancelled
   ... week in between overlaps with IETF
   ... F2F: March 15, 17, 18, 22, 24, and 25

   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_March_2021

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_March_2021

   McCool: agenda not yet finalized
   ... will re-shuffle a bit
   ... please finish up putting stuff in
   ... scripting is still missing
   ... I created space for presentations
   ... Put presentations here
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS/2021-0
   3-online-f2f (ideally in advance)
   ... I will create template
   ... note: naming convention for file names

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS/2021-03-online-f2f

Liaisons

   McCool: plan special meeting for liaisons
   ... see doodle, [16]https://doodle.com/poll/ay68yc2922xwaci9

     [16] https://doodle.com/poll/ay68yc2922xwaci9

   Kaz: good to finalize it by the end of this week
   ... meeting next week

   McCool: Overlap with calls?

   Kaz: no overlap with the Plugfest calls next week, but possibly
   overlapped with the other uncancelled calls

   Daniel: Note, suggest sending email with Doodle link

   McCool: Quick note, T2TRG gets hackathon organized,
   [17]https://github.com/t2trg/2021-03-hackathon
   ... IETF is the week after

     [17] https://github.com/t2trg/2021-03-hackathon

   Kaz: I think I had sent out Doodle

   <inserted> [18]Doodle URL (Member-only)

     [18] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2021Feb/0012.html

   Koster: had issues with Doodle :-(

   McCool: OGC - geospatial information model
   ... I have a proposal that people should follow for the PF

   Daniel: Scripting, merged PRs and looked at issues

   McCool: Security ....
   ... Discovery updated information model, clean-up
   ... discovery gets closed to be ready

   Sebastian: Marketing, webpage launch

   <inserted> scribenick: sebastian

   daniel showing live the latest new wot web page

   [19]WoT Welcome page

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

   <scribe> new web page will be availble here: w3.org/wot

   Daniel showing the content of the different group pages

   Daniel: there is a developer space
   ... document area provides some details about WoT
   ... open question about the twitter news and GDPR

   McCool: will check the language of the pages
   ... will do this tomorrow or Friday
   ... the video should be ordered by time

   Kaz: ask for review the caption file

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

   Kaz: Need review for WoT explainer video about caption

   <sebastian> +1

   McCool: Caption file on marketing repo?

   Kaz: the caption file is already archived on the W3C email
   archive

   <inserted> [20]archived caption on the email archive

     [20] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wot-ig/2021Feb/0005.html

   McCool: Caption file is good for other languages
   ... marketing topic
   ... please check website and raise concerns
   ... Use-case call took place
   ... try to clean-up over the next 2 weeks
   ... PF call, one more week
   ... let's discuss it the next hour

   Sebastian: TD call

   <sebastian>
   [21]https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#thing-model

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#thing-model

   Sebastian: merged a PR about TD model

   <kaz> i|Use-call|[22]WebVTT caption file for the WoT Explainer
   Video|

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/videos/WoT-Explainer-Video/WOTMotion.en.vtt

   Sebastian: new chapter, introducing new tools for modelling
   ... would like to test it in the upcoming PF
   ... merged some more PRs, like security
   ... for today we plan to look into some more PRs (e.g. multiple
   responses)
   ... F2F planning is also on the agenda

   McCool: multiple responses important for errors also
   ... flag for error response (asked by scripting)
   ... Profile call
   ... talked about min. hardware requirements
   ... do we or not limit size of TD
   ... please provide use-cases for large TDs
   ... does the profile cover such use-cases
   ... I think there will be an arch meeting next week
   ... AOB?

   Kaz: put caption file on GitHub

   McCool: Great. For new languages don't change timing
   ... fix text only
   ... e.g. gender neutral, he vs they

   <kaz> kaz: that's correct but maybe the audio within the video
   might be also wrong...

   McCool: people can work on new languages, Japanese, German,
   Italian, ...

   Kaz: Shall we send updated caption file to Dom?

   McCool: Yes, but not super critical

   Kaz: I can send updated message to Dom

   McCool: AOB?
   ... 10 minute break. PF discussion afterwards

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2021/05/05 06:24:27 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 5 May 2021 06:25:46 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 5 May 2021 06:25:47 UTC