W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2021

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 20 January 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 18:50:58 +0900
Message-ID: <87im681s71.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/01/20-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

20 Jan 2021

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_20.01.2021

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Jack_Dickinson

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjk_

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]clarify agenda and scenarios for the plugfest
         2. [5]review the minutes from previous meeting
         3. [6]planning
         4. [7]scenarios and goals
         5. [8]wrap up
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: mjk_

clarify agenda and scenarios for the plugfest

   McCool: is there a volunteer to organize things around
   scenarios and goals?
   ... any other agenda items?

review the minutes from previous meeting

   McCool: softether vpn was a lot of work to set up, do we need
   it or should we work on something else?

   Ege: depends on each company, whether they need a LAN
   ... we should ask every participant

   McCool: we could set up a proxy for those that need a LAN
   ... local discovery would require a LAN
   ... any objection to publish?

   <scribe> ...done

planning

   <McCool> doodle

   <kaz> [11]doodle

     [11] https://doodle.com/poll/22fqghzbzqkzg469

   McCool: likely time slot is same as this meeting, 0900 US
   Eastern
   ... but Kaz has a conflict, maybe an hour earlier
   ... we need the doodle poll result

scenarios and goals

   <inserted> [12]March 2021 Plugfest page

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2021.03.Online

   McCool: we can cooperate on editing the md document to
   brainstorm scenarios and goals
   ... interest groups could work together
   ... TUM tutorials could be useful but need to be worked through

   Ege: it can be done anytime, we could focus the plugfest on
   devices and things that need to be present

   McCool: any other major themes?

   Ege: geolocation has issues that need to be worked out
   ... we could get more people to use geolocation

   McCool: we would need to define the information model in
   advance
   ... what applications, automatic integration could be worked on
   ... also we could work on discovery filters, but that is
   further along
   ... we could try some json-path filter constructions
   ... a proposed spec is needed

   <Ege> neighbour is drilling, may not speak :/

   McCool: what about the node-RED discovery implementation?

   Toumura: will try to work on the node-RED discovery

   McCool: will talk with Farshid to make sure we have a running
   directory service
   ... we can integrate node-RED discovery with the directory APIs
   ... need some work examples, maybe as a tutorial
   ... collect examples into a document
   ... same for geospatial queries
   ... integrate keyword/semantic + geospatial filters and
   populate node-RED with the discovery result
   ... thoughts about general goals?
   ... refine and test new features

   Ege: thingmodel integration from multiple sources
   ... two independent implementations

   McCool: thingmodel in the context of discovery?
   ... test mqtt binding - using node-RED

   Koster: we could make OPC UA a topic and ask the experts to
   bring their integration cases

   McCool: any other goals?
   ... address gaps in the specification

   Kaz: do we want to distinguish between thingmodel and partial
   TD/fragment?
   ... we may need to identify concrete algorithms for handling
   these cases

   McCool: for example, how do we validate a partial TD?
   ... maybe a set of shapes

   Kaz: maybe we can define a set of defaults or examples
   ... can we provide a draft feature list for automatic testing
   for the Plugfest in March?

   McCool: we need to do pre-work for the implementation report
   associated with our next CR
   ... new specs like Discovery will need test cases
   ... assertions for profiles
   ... create a tools directory

wrap up

   McCool: no meeting next week
   ... aob?
   ... adjourn

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2021/03/03 09:50:47 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 3 March 2021 09:51:05 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 3 March 2021 09:51:06 UTC