W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > March 2021

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 3 February 2021

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2021 18:27:22 +0900
Message-ID: <87o8g01tad.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2021/02/03-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] https://www.w3.org/

                               WoT-IG/WG

03 February 2021

   [2]IRC log.

      [2] https://www.w3.org/2021/02/03-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Dave_Raggett, David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan,
          Jack_Dickinson, Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Michael_Koster, Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Sebastian_Kaebisch

   Regrets
          -

   Chair
          Sebastian/McCool

   Scribe
          mjk

Contents

    1. [3]agenda review
    2. [4]invited experts
    3. [5]minutes from January 27th
    4. [6]review notes from joint meeting with accessibility group
    5. [7]updates
    6. [8]change github branch name to "main"
    7. [9]joint calls
    8. [10]liaisons
    9. [11]TF reports
   10. [12]Summary of action items

Meeting minutes

  agenda review

   <kaz> [13]Agenda

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_March_2021

  invited experts

   Sebastian: Michael Koster is applied for IE status, no longer
   with SmartThings

   Sebastian: Philip Blum writing a WoT implementation on RiotOS
   is also a candidate for IE status

  minutes from January 27th

   <kaz> [14]Jan-27

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2021/01/27-wot-minutes.html

   Sebastian: any objections to publish the minutes?

   (no objections)

  review notes from joint meeting with accessibility group

   <kaz> [15]APA joint minutes

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2021/01/27-rqtf-minutes.html

   McCool: ML created github issue for creating new use cases for
   accessibility

   McCool: some follow-on issues need to be created

   Sebastian: any objections to publish?

   (no objections)

   Kaz: we should review the existing use cases and add more if
   needed

   Lagally: APA group agreed to add issues for use cases

  updates

   Sebastian: new CG created Web of Things Japanese CG

   Toumura: it is a place for Japanese discussion, documentation,
   and use cases around WoT

   mizushima: there are many people interested in WoT and we
   wanted to create a way to engage with deployment and other
   activities

   Sebastian: looking forward to more updates

  change github branch name to "main"

   McCool: we should merge PRs first and agree on a date to change

   Sebastian: will the default branch be "main" now?

   Kaz: yes, "main" will be the new default

   McCool: maybe start with wot-testing as a first experience

   Kaz: there is a set of commands for doing this described in
   PLH's message

   Sebastian: we have until April, call to all TF leads to
   implement the change

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to are there any issues known when
   changing to main?

   Daniel: are there any known issues being discussed?

   Kaz: none yet but there is a place for discussion

   Sebastian: which repo should we use as a first test?

   McCool: agree to implement on wot-testing

   Kaz: some have already switched over with no issues

   McCool: everyone will need to update their fork or re-something

   ege: the github default is already "main"

   <kaz> (kaz suggest we discus the detail during the PlugFest
   call later.)

  joint calls

   Sebastian: waiting for a schedule with Microsoft DTDL team

   Lagally: they are too busy now

   Sebastian: what about the CDD ontology?
   … maybe a joint meeting at our F2F
   … also relevant to eclass

   ( spelled ecl@ss - changed their spelling to "ECLASS" recently)

   Sebastian: we would have more time at a F2F session

   McCool: we could have the joint meetings in one session if it
   works out

   McCool: collecting topics for the F2F, please add to the wiki
   page

   <sebastian> [16]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/
   F2F_meeting,_March_2021

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_March_2021

  liaisons

   Sebastian: T2TRG?

   McCool: talked with Ari, there is a 2 hour session at IETF110
   but it is pay to attend
   … scheduling a separate 2 hour joint call
   … agenda items include JSON Schema, OneDM

   Sebastian: OPC UA

   <sebastian> [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/
   charters/wot-ocpua-2021-charter-draft.md

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/charters/wot-ocpua-2021-charter-draft.md

   Sebastian: working on a proposal for a charter for the joint
   development activity
   … OPC UA W3C WoT WG

   Kaz: please don't use OPC UA W3C "Working Group" in the title
   … "collaboration proposal" would be safer

   Sebastian: ITU-T SG20
   … next steps to reach out and ask for review of MM's summary
   and identify gaps

   Action: kaz to send McCool's summary of the ITU-T SG20 work to
   them and invite them to the Use Cases call again

   Sebastian: OGC liaison

   McCool: had several meetings and now working with Christine
   Perey

   Kaz: working on extending the liaison with OGC as needed

   McCool: we need to meet again and get specifics about the
   planned work
   … they could join one of our calls for further discussion

   Lagally: will this impact the location information spec for TD?

   McCool: working on a concrete proposal for an information model
   based on the most recent plugfest
   … another consideration is the discovery query use case
   … MM and Christine Perey will make a strawman and review with
   OGC

   Lagally: which group will review the use case strawman?

   <kaz> (use case first, discovery second and then possibly TD)

   McCool: some in AR for spatial query types, we will review in
   Discovery TF and TD TF

   McCool: will copy PF examples into a document as a starting
   place

   Sebastian: echonet

   Kaz: will restart the discussion

  TF reports

   Daniel: scripting trying to fine tune the API document around
   dictionary API and TD validation

   McCool: security - pending PR for security and privacy for
   Discovery
   … reviewing 3 implementations for feature coverage

   Sebastian: marketing - almost ready to release document and we
   expect once the wot-marketing repo content is fixed, we can
   update the redirection from [18]https://www.w3.org/WoT/ to
   [19]https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/
   … still need to work on content

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/
     [19] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/

   Sebastian: TD call discussion on 1.1 to 2.0 feature thresholds
   … issues about JSON schema version and features
   … more issues to discuss today including a Modbus binding

   Lagally: architecture: discussed partial TD and TD fragment

   McCool: JSON fragment has a special meaning that may conflict
   with TD fragment
   … profile - discussed constraints on size and complexity
   … more discussion is needed on tomorrow's call

   Sebastian: take a 5 minute break and close

   Kaz: one comment on marketing report
   … added a note about redirection to the wot welcome page

   Sebastian: change to wot-pf in 5 mins, and adjourn

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; PlugFest call starts in 5mins]

Summary of action items

    1. [20]kaz to send McCool's summary of the ITU-T SG20 work to
       them and invite them to the Use Cases call again


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    [21]scribe.perl version 127 (Wed Dec 30 17:39:58 2020 UTC).

     [21] https://w3c.github.io/scribe2/scribedoc.html
Received on Wednesday, 3 March 2021 09:27:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 3 March 2021 09:27:30 UTC