W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2020

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 23 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 19:56:47 +0900
Message-ID: <87mu18hmvk.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/23-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                          WoT PlugFest/Testing

23 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_23.09.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Cristiano_Aguzzi,
          Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes approval
         2. [5]PlugFest
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribeNick: dape

Minutes approval

   <kaz> [8]Sep-16

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/16-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: no objections -> approved

PlugFest

   McCool: Let's look at logistics
   ... behind draft publication
   ... busy next week

   <kaz> [9]PlugFest wiki for TPAC 2020

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online

   McCool: would like go get semantically annotated TDs
   ... semantic search/discovery seems important to me

   Kaz: Got call from NHK
   ... showed interest but couldn't make the call today
   ... also we're kind of behind, so would suggest we decide on
   agenda on Monday

   McCool: Will do have PlugFest as planned next week
   ... on Monday we look at concrete actions
   ... also finalizing drafts
   ... logistics are in good shape
   ... VPN is up
   ... updating implementation report/testing ... we might defer
   that
   ... moreover Farshid is on vacation and will come back next
   week
   ... plans to spin up directory
   ... w.r.t. NHK .. topics?

   Kaz: extend their proposal on Hybridcast which they showed last
   year
   ... also haptic interfaces
   ... for WoT in general
   ... for accessibility

   McCool: other media things are of interest... like streaming
   ... NHK joining on Monday?

   Kaz: Yes

   McCool: OK, than let's discuss the topics with NHK
   ... Michael Koster added issue/content about oneDM

   Cistiano: I might be able to contribute TDs...

   McCool: Annotated TDs would be very useful.. even if they are
   faked
   ... we had also a list of devices that are online
   ... should document active things in active.csv

   Ege: Most of mine TDs are online
   ... for access you can contact me

   McCool: Great. Please document process
   ... Hitachi has nice QR code discovery

   Daniel: Siemens will provide TDs of running instances and UIs
   soon

   Kaz: NHK were interested in websocket connection and MQTT
   connection
   ... this could be a topic of interest
   ... we used to have websocket from Panasonic, also TUM was
   planning to work on MQTT

   McCool: w.r.t. to WebSockets
   ... Mozilla spins out WebThings
   ... now it depends on community
   ... alignment with WoT would be good

   Kaz: Might be able to ask Ben about PF participation .. and
   vF2F

   Cistiano: Recently I saw a comparison by Ben between Mozilla
   WebThings and WoT TD

   McCool: maybe Ben is very busy these days.. should try to reach
   out the WebThings project

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [10]scribe.perl version ([11]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/29 10:54:04 $

     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [11] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 29 September 2020 10:56:57 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 29 September 2020 10:56:58 UTC