W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 16 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 21:12:29 +0900
Message-ID: <87blhqhzgy.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/16-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael Koster!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               WoT-IG/WG

16 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#16_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Michael_Koster, Dave_Raggett,
          Ege_Korkan, Michael_Lagally, Daniel_Peintner,
          Michael_McCool, Takahisa_Suzuki, Clerley_Silveira,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Zoltan_Kis,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell

   Regrets
          Sebastian

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          mjk

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Review minutes
         2. [5]Quick updates
         3. [6]Publication schedule
         4. [7]TPAC
         5. [8]Schedules and agendas for upcoming joint meetings
            with WoT
         6. [9]TF report out
         7. [10]Call for videos
         8. [11]PoC call
         9. [12]TD report out
        10. [13]Arch report out
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: mjk

Review minutes

   <kaz> [16]Sep-9

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/09-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: need to fork smart city from WoT
   ... decided to cancel PoC calls, restart after TPAC

Quick updates

   <McCool>
   [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/presentati
   ons

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/presentations

   McCool: link to Ege's talk slides
   ... singapore geospatial conference last week
   ... summary of some sessions
   ... discussion of pain points around adaptation to diverse
   protocols

   Jennifer: the online calendar is available to review and slides
   are available from the sessions (on request from Jennifer Lin)

   <McCool> [18]https://www.eventnook.com/event/sggeoweek2020/home

     [18] https://www.eventnook.com/event/sggeoweek2020/home

   Lagally: please email the schedule for review

   McCool: will add links to the meeting document
   ... AIOTI meeting in September
   ... Smart Cities Week is overlapping with the vF2F but I can
   make some of the sessions
   ... IETF109 in November - ASDF workgroup

   Jennifer: planet explore conference on satellite data and Smart
   Cities

   <kaz> [19]http://www.planetexplore2020.com/

     [19] http://www.planetexplore2020.com/

   Jennifer: the conference is relevant to current events, e.g.
   wildfires on the US west coast

   McCool: also discuss in the use case call
   ... topic including virtual sensors

Publication schedule

   McCool: any changes in the schedule or delays expected?
   ... plugfest starts in the last week of September, could start
   the week before

   Kaz: need a few days to get the short URL approved

   McCool: we can send the request next week and publish the
   content the week after

TPAC

   <kaz> [20]TPAC registration site

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2020/

   McCool: please register but the form doesn't allow multiple
   registrations so please register for the F2F session only,
   we'll cover the plugfest registration separately

   <inserted> [21]PlugFest logistics

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online

   Zoltan: filed an issue to get it fixed but don't know if or
   when...

   McCool: need to organize the topics for the TPAC F2F agenda,
   need ppl to submit topics and times now

   (collecting time estimates from chairs)

   <kaz> [22]Proposed topics and expected times

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#Proposed_Topics

   McCool: please (all) review the schedule and note any conflicts

Schedules and agendas for upcoming joint meetings with WoT

   McCool: we can put agendas into github issues in the WoT repo
   ... hope to have them ready by next week

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to create issues on joint meeting agenda for
   PBG, MEIG and ACG

TF report out

   Zoltan: Scripting: review and merges small PRs, reviewing PR on
   error handling

   McCool: Security: reviewed and retired issues, created new
   issues
   ... Discovery: making progress but not ready for FPWD yet
   ... Marketing: figures' contrast still to be improved for
   accessibility

Call for videos

   McCool: one call for a lightning talk and for the upcoming
   TPAC, one call for demos
   ... (plays the video of the proposed talk)

   Lagally: can we make a separate block for privacy in the
   presentation, separate from discovery?
   ... looks mostly about discovery
   ... thing templates
   ... thingmodel

   (review 2x2 diagram)

   <McCool>
   [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/presentati
   ons/2020-09-WoT-Summary.pptx

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/presentations/2020-09-WoT-Summary.pptx

   McCool: we could discuss the demo video in the next (plugfest)
   call

   <inserted> kaz: additional note on Marketing. regarding the
   welcome pages, Lagally and myself generated GitHub issues, also
   Ege is generating a list of the current resources on the wiki
   pages so that we can move the content to the GitHub side. we'll
   continue the discussion based on those points.

PoC call

   McCool: separate the activity from WoT, cancelling the call for
   now, may restart after TPAC

TD report out

   McCool: in the minutes

Arch report out

   Lagally: presentation from ITU-T on gateways
   ... gap analysis for use case discussions
   ... need to follow up with Farshid, can we get a contact

   McCool: can add architecture to the video, please send some
   material
   ... AOB?

   <kaz> (none)

   McCool: adjourn

   <kaz> [PF call starts at 5mins past the hour on #wot-pf IRC
   channel]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to create issues on joint meeting agenda for
   PBG, MEIG and ACG

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version ([25]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/28 12:11:01 $

     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 28 September 2020 12:12:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 28 September 2020 12:12:38 UTC