W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-security][DRAFT] minutes - 21 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 18:41:28 +0900
Message-ID: <87k0wei6gn.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/21-wot-sec-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Oliver!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT Security

21 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_Security_WebConf#21_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, David_Ezell, Elena_Reshetova,
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Oliver_Pfaff,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          Oliver

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Lifecycle
         4. [7]F2F topics
         5. [8]TD-related issues
         6. [9]Joint calls
         7. [10]Review remaining issues
         8. [11]Joint call agenda - revisited
         9. [12]Testing
        10. [13]issues and PRs
     * [14]Summary of Action Items
     * [15]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   scribenick: Oliver

Agenda

   Review planned agenda: no objection/changes

Prev minutes

   <inserted> [16]Sep-14

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/14-wot-sec-minutes.html

   Minutes of the WoT Security call on 2020-09-14 reviewed with no
   objections; will be made public

Lifecycle

   Discussion on thing lifecycle: feedback from calls with
   architecture. Improved alignment with T2TRG proposed. Updated
   description exists in form of a PR. Status: work-in-progress

   <McCool> [17]wot-architecture PR 539

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-architecture/pull/539

   Reviewers are welcome to provide comments (Issue#539 in
   wot-architecture)

F2F topics

   <kaz> [18]Proposed topics

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#Proposed_Topics

   Next discussed and drafted an agenda for WoT Security for
   upcoming F2F meeting

   Currently planned topics (1h altogether): TD changes, OAuth,
   lifecycle

TD-related issues

   wot-thing-description changed rendering script for its main
   document. That resulted in the need to double-check
   security-specific sections

   Double-check result: structurally okay but let's TODO surface.
   Need to resolve or remove them

   <McCool>
   [19]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/965

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/965

   This problem is captured in issue#965 in wot-thing-description

   Suggestion is to comment them out, no objection

Joint calls

   <inserted> [20]Issues for the joint call agenda

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:agenda

   Joint calls are planned with W&N, JSON-LD, DID groups

   Preparation work is addressed by issue#932-934 in WoT

   Also call with MEIG group planned

   New additional issue#936 created for prep'ing joint call with
   MEIG

Review remaining issues

   <kaz> [21]wot-security issues

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues

   McCool:(quickly skims the remaining issues)

Joint call agenda - revisited

   <inserted> [22]Issues for joint meeting agenda

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues?q=is:issue+is:open+label:agenda+

   Demands for joined call discussion topics are welcome. Bring
   proposals up in the above mentioned issues

   <McCool> [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot/labels/agenda

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot/labels/agenda

   scribenick: kaz

Testing

   (will be discussed during the Testing call)

issues and PRs

   <kaz> [24]Issue 138 - Review Lifecycle model

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/138

   scribenick: Oliver

   Issue#138 is superseded by issue#169 (now closed). So issue#138
   gets closed

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: will we create another (smaller) issue to review the
   updated lifecycle section from the Architecture draft then?

   McCool: can create a new issue for that purpose

   scribenick: Oliver

   (New issue#192 created to review updated thing lifecycle in
   Architecture)

   scribenick: kaz

   <kaz> [25]new issue 192 for cross-reference with
   wot-architecture

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/192

   McCool: any other issues you think done?

   <kaz> [26]Issue 65 - Consider moving Thing lifecycle discussion
   to Architecture

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-security/issues/65

   McCool: not sure this is done, let's check next time.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [27]scribe.perl version ([28]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/28 09:36:04 $

     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 28 September 2020 09:41:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 28 September 2020 09:41:38 UTC