W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2020

[wot-usecases] minutes - 3 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 17:11:56 +0900
Message-ID: <87o8lw3oab.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/03-wot-uc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Jennifer!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Use Cases

03 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf#Agenda_3.9.

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Cristiano_Aguzzi,
          Gyu_Myoung_Lee, Jennifer_Lin, Michael_McCool,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          jennifer

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prev minutes
         2. [5]ITU-T WoT
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: jennifer

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [8]Aug-6

      [8] https://www.w3.org/2020/08/06-wot-uc-minutes.html

   Lagally: Reviewing minutes

   <kaz> (no objections and approved)

ITU-T WoT

   Lagally: How does ITU-T handle updates to documents?

   <kaz>
   [9]https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=11699

      [9] https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=11699

   <kaz>
   [10]https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=1264
   7

     [10] https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=12647

   <kaz>
   [11]https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=1302
   7

     [11] https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=13027

   <kaz>
   [12]https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=1363
   7

     [12] https://www.itu.int/ITU-T/recommendations/rec.aspx?rec=13637

   Lagally: If we wanted to align with ITU-T terminology, how do
   we do amendment?

   McCool: Two issues, terminology that has different meanings in
   ITU-T and terminology that is used differently

   GyuMyoung: There are different contributions and several
   parties involved
   ... Contributions are mandatory procedures for any document
   ammendments

   Lagally: What if the contributions are just an update?

   GyuMyoung: We are developing other WoT documents as well, and
   we can manage this with that. But we need to coordinate with
   W3C if we have certain issues.

   Kaz: I'm kind of confused because my expectation for today is
   starting with discussion on use cases and see some common use
   cases between ITU-T and W3C. However, the discussion so far is
   a bit different. Talking about how the ITU-T maintain their
   documents is good but we need to clearly define the scope of
   our liaison before diving into the detail.

   Lagally: Yes, common use cases are good, it looks like ITU-T is
   more focused on home environments.

   GyuMyoung: We also have use cases for health care, but we don't
   have use cases for smart cities or industrial formats.

   McCool: We're creating a Smart Cities Interest Group
   ... This may include things beyond regular IoT

   Lagally: You're drafting a use case document for health care at
   this time?

   GyuMyoung: Yes

   Lagally: Any chance if we can take a look at this draft?

   GyuMyoung: We're going to have a meeting in the beginning of
   October, after that meeting we can send a document over.

   Lagally: Is there any other documents we should look for use
   cases in?

   GyuMyoung: Points to location in document Y.4400

   Lagally: We may have discussed that in a prior call. Look
   forward to the use case document after your meeting in Oct.
   ... Thanks so much Gyu Myoung Lee for your help and being able
   to attend.

   [13]Y-4400 - T-REC-Y.2063-201207-I

     [13] https://www.itu.int/rec/dologin_pub.asp?lang=e&id=T-REC-Y.2063-201207-I!!PDF-E&type=items

   Lagally: Looking at use cases from:
   [14]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pulls

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pulls

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: before diving into our GH repo, I'd like some more
   clarification. So the scope of our liaison between ITU-T and
   W3C WoT is still discussing use cases to see common ones, and
   we'll talk about the resulted use cases from the ITU-T meeting
   in October. right?

   Lagally: right

   scribenick: jennifer

   Lagally: We will have homework to look into the common use
   cases between ITU-T and W3C WoT

   McCool: I can volunteer to review the ITU-T documents and
   extract use cases.
   ... I'll make a PR and ask for a review for the PR
   ... Hopefully I can have a draft before the next meeting.
   ... [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/issues/47

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/issues/47

   Lagally: Sounds like a good plan, thank you very much.
   ... topic: Review of use cases contributions, you have the
   floor on the Open field agriculture from UNIBO

   <kaz> [16]PR 29

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/29

   <kaz> [17]Proposed smart-agriculture-openfield.md

     [17] https://github.com/relu91/wot-usecases/blob/open_field_uc/USE-CASES/smart-agriculture-openfield.md

   Cristiano: Depth is where the soil starts

   McCool: yes, we need depth as well as sea level series vs time
   stamps
   ... Time series also shows up in Edge-X
   ... Time series is important for history, like rainfall
   ... Look at Edge-X's example for time series

   Kaz: Time series is important for media, publishing, etc.
   basically any kind of big data purposes.

   McCool: Need to create a horizontal use case for Time Series

   (Whoops, last few ml was mm)

   Lagally: Created link for Time Series

   Cristiano: Calibration is important due to it needing to be
   done for particular fields

   Lagally: What do we do for a device that is not IP based?

   Cristiano: That can also be described

   McCool: Gateway is a concept we don't usually use

   Lagally: Thank you this was a great piece of work, Cristiano

   Cristiano: It's important to describe a gateway accurately
   compared to a sensor connected to it

   McCool: This exposed there's gaps in time series.

   Lagally: Let's merge this into the other issues

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz:and we need to put the content into index.html as well

   Lagally: also we need clean up all the MD files at the
   "USE-CASES" folder
   ... Matsukura-san and Mizushima-san, please check them and
   clean them up

   Mizushima: ok

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/23 08:10:40 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 23 September 2020 08:12:03 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 23 September 2020 08:12:04 UTC