W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2020

[wot-usecases][DRAFT] minutes - 1 October 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 19:32:43 +0900
Message-ID: <87lfglj73o.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/10/01-wot-uc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

    WoT Use Cases - Pre-meeting on ME joint meeting + ITU-T liaison

01 Oct 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf#Agenda_1.10.

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Chris_Needham, Gyu_Myoung_Lee,
          Michael_Lagally, Michael_McCool, Rob_Smith,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Guests
         2. [5]vF2F planning
         3. [6]ITU-T
         4. [7]Other liaisons
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Guests

   Kaz: all of the guests, Chris, Rob and Gyu Myoung, should be
   aware of the W3C Patent Policy
   ... we can just confirm that to make sure

   all: ok

   Rob: I confirm I'm aware of W3C Patent Policy

   Chris: yes

   Gyu_Myoung: yes

vF2F planning

   [10]WoT vF2F wiki

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#Agenda

   Lagally: still draft, though

   <mlagally> [11]https://w3c.github.io/wot-usecases/

     [11] https://w3c.github.io/wot-usecases/

   Lagally: we WoT WG/IG are generating a Use Cases document
   ... still need editorial cleanup, though
   ... working with the other W3C groups and SDOs
   ... we're the entry point to identify what kind of
   functionalities would make sense and needed
   ... so we're collecting use cases based on a template on GitHub

   [12]Use Case repo

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/tree/master/USE-CASES

   [13]template for use case description

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/use-case-template.md

   Lagally: requirements analysis is also ongoing
   ... we review the proposed use cases and then put them into the
   HTML document above
   ... on Wednesday, October 7, we'll have use case session during
   the WoT vF2F meeting

   [14]Oct 7 agenda

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#Oct_7

   Lagally: important topics on liaison with SDOs and
   collaboration with W3C groups
   ... we have to talk about who to invite and what to discuss

   [15]draft agenda as GitHub issue

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/936

   Kaz: Rob is thinking of a use case about AR imaging
   ... would like to generate use case description collaboratively

   Rob: using web video map track
   ... metadata on geolocation as well
   ... moving images based on the sensors
   ... use case described on the tutorial
   ... firstly proof of action
   ... secondly recording format
   ... not for AR specifically but can use for video overlay in
   general
   ... useful for debugging as well

   Lagally: very interesting
   ... can you do some presentation on Oct 7?
   ... how long would it take?

   Rob: depends on your need :)
   ... but can provide resources

   Lagally: would say 10 mins ;)

   Kaz: great

   McCool: we're working on geolocation for PlugFest (PoC for
   interoperability check)
   ... both static and dynamic geolocation metadata management
   ... need to think about how to deal with that

   Kaz: right, so I invited Rob :)

   McCool: what about geospacial work?

   Rob: working for the Geospacial group as well

   McCool: geolocation metadata is horizontal for various use
   cases
   ... we're also talking with the Publishing BG as well
   ... they're interested in content right management as well
   ... how to manage privacy for video services is also
   interesting
   ... probably relationship there

   Kaz: right
   ... there were several breakout sessions about those points in
   Lyon, etc.

   Lagally: btw, I've added Publishing BG as well to the agenda
   wiki

   [16]PBG agenda as GitHub issue

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/935

   Kaz: put the URL for the PBG agenda above

   Lagally: we'll have the detailed discussion for PBG later
   during the WoT Architecture call

   Rob: I'm also interested in privacy and security
   ... and search use cases
   ... metadata within video files
   ... so interested in blockchain as well
   ... best practice document on geo is also ongoing
   ... planning to have a breakout session during TPAC

   McCool: we have another WoT TF on Discovery
   ... searching for geolocation metadata
   ... talking with some people, e.g., about DNS-based services
   ... also geo-based metadata
   ... and security/privacy TF as well
   ... how to protect the query is important

   Lagally: wondering if it would be useful to show use cases from
   the WoT TFs

   <RobSmith> TPAC breakout session:
   [17]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/SessionIdeas#Video_Metada
   ta_For_Moving_Objects_.26_Sensors_On_The_Web_.28WebVMT.29

     [17] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/SessionIdeas#Video_Metadata_For_Moving_Objects_.26_Sensors_On_The_Web_.28WebVMT.29

   McCool: e.g., NHK is working on media integration use case
   ... we need to have discussion
   ... online systems available for PlugFest this week

   Lagally: (added geolocation data AR to the new use cases
   session)

   <RobSmith> I'm also interested in discovery for WebVMT

   Lagally: what about metadata discovery?
   ... any other use cases to be ddes?

   McCool: feedback from the Scripting API TF and the TD TF?

   <RobSmith> WebVMT Golden Tutorial use case:
   [18]https://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/geotagging/webvmt/#gold
   entutorial

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/sdw/proposals/geotagging/webvmt/#goldentutorial

   Kaz: possibly some use case based on the recursive Thing Model
   discussion yesterday?

   McCool: some special requirement for privacy management, etc.

   Lagally: based on the existing media-related use cases
   ... we've not created actual requirements yet
   ... (shows the use cases draft)
   ... would like to have media experts who could review the
   proposed use cases

   <RobSmith> OGC Testbed-16 Full Motion Video to Moving Features:
   [19]https://portal.ogc.org/files/?artifact_id=91644#PartFMV

     [19] https://portal.ogc.org/files/?artifact_id=91644#PartFMV

   Lagally: would like to capture the discussion today as use
   cases

   Kaz: actually, that's why I'm volunteering to work with Rob to
   generate a use case based on the template :)

   <RobSmith> @kaz Ok. Let's discuss AR use case offline

   Kaz: +1 to ask ME guys to review the use cases
   ... should handle requirements as well within the UC doc

   Lagally: let's talk about that during the arch call

   Chris: we have little response so far from media companies
   ... should get real use cases in people's mind
   ... media companies and CE companies
   ... would make the media part more concrete
   ... next
   ... I'm not sure about the relevance of the things I posted to
   WoT
   ... there is work happening on trust
   ... presentation from Adobe, etc. on Credible Web
   ... Related to trusted and verified media content: Adobe & the
   Content Authenticity Initiative presentation from Credible Web
   CG, [20]https://credweb.org/. And Project Origin
   [21]https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/trusted-n
   ews-initiative

     [20] https://credweb.org/.
     [21] https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2020/trusted-news-initiative

   Lagally: we should think about that

   McCool: proof based on DID, etc.
   ... would like to mention a use case for retail
   ... also multimodal interaction use cases may relevant
   ... and also smart city ... have real users and applications,
   also

   Kaz: +1

ITU-T

   Gyu_Myoung: my questions related to WoT
   ... discussion on use cases will be in October later
   ... you can receive some document
   ... in December, there'll another plenary meeting
   ... you should be going to get a document from ITU-T, and can
   respond to that

   Lagally: what is the date?
   ... collaborative discussion next week on Oct 7 would be a good
   input for that meeting too

   Gyu_Myoung: ITU-T meeting in November for our Working Party

   Lagally: sounds good
   ... conversation about what kind of scope you'd think relevant
   ... suggestion on reasonable topics

   McCool: we neet to think about timeline too
   ... review the ITU-T document and identify the gaps, etc.
   ... we have a number of ITU-T documents

   [22]PR 51 on ITU-T doc

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/51

   Lagally: you need some more time for this?
   ... what about liaison doc?
   ... their Working Party meeting may be going to have more
   high-level discussions

   McCool: the goal should be closing the gaps

   Lagally: right

   Gyu_Myoung: fine

   Lagally: let's use 20mins for ITU-T liaison on Oct 7

Other liaisons

   Lagally: we have OneDM and Open Digital Twins
   ... will talk with Koster for OneDM
   ... would like to contact Open Digital Twins

   McCool: also Hexagon
   ... smart city geolocation topics
   ... OneDM is related to CE companies too

   <RobSmith> Hexagon are participating on OGC Testbed with me,
   assuming it's the same company

   McCool: believe so

   Lagally: McCool, can you take an action to contact them?
   ... to invite then to the upcoming use cases calls

   McCool: would be better to invite them after TPAC

   Lagally: ok
   ... AOB for today?

   (none)

   McCool: thanks for joining the call today, all!

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/10/05 10:32:00 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 5 October 2020 10:32:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 5 October 2020 10:32:53 UTC