W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 23 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 19:01:49 +0900
Message-ID: <87r1qdj8j6.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/23-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Cristiano!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

23 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#23_September_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          David_Ezell, Daniel_Peintner, Cristiano_Aguzzi,
          Ege_Korkan, Jennifer_Lin, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Takahisa_Suzuki, Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tetsushi_Matsuda, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Dave_Raggett

   Regrets
          Michael_Lagally

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          cris

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Guests
         2. [5]Previous minutes
         3. [6]How to deal with draft minutes
         4. [7]Quick updates
         5. [8]Upcoming events
         6. [9]Publication schedule update
         7. [10]TPAC
         8. [11]Breakouts
         9. [12]Proposed topics F2F meeting
        10. [13]Joint meetings
        11. [14]TF reports
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     * [16]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: cris

Guests

   McCool: no guest today

Previous minutes

   <inserted> [17]Sep-16

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/16-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: please expand Clerley name

   Kaz: sure

   McCool: any concerns about the minutes?
   ... ok published

How to deal with draft minutes

   McCool: As chairs we want to align with standard w3c process
   about discussion policies

   (So the draft minutes will be sent to the WoT-IG/WG public list
   from now on.)

Quick updates

   McCool: we exchanged some emails with the CEO of Hexagon. I
   think the logical thing to do is to invite them to the use case
   call
   ... maybe after the F2F
   ... There's also another group from Singapore. We might meet
   with them after F2F
   ... any other updates?
   ... ok

Upcoming events

   McCool: Dave will participate in AIOTI event. There also the
   Smart City week and an IETF meeting in November
   ... any other event?

   David: is JSON schema happening F2F in person?

   McCool: no it might be happen in the WISHI meeting

Publication schedule update

   McCool: we schedule to publish this week, but the task force
   are not quite ready

   Sebastian: the TD task force will merge some PRs. By the end of
   this week will polish a little the bit the text and then we are
   ready to publish.

   McCool: we should request the URL proactively so that we are
   ready when the text is in a good shape

   Kaz: we should wait group approval
   ... also we should ask everybody to review the drafts

   McCool: discovery is not ready. I don't know if the other
   documents are

TPAC

   McCool: there is a problem with the registration. you can't
   pick F2F and plugfest. Please choose F2F
   ... also not all the joint sessions are listed.
   ... please register there if you're planning to attend them
   ... plugfest organization is behind the schedule. Today we'll
   try to keep up.

   <kaz> [18]TPAC registration site (Member-only)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2020/

   McCool: there a long todo list
   ... if somebody want to volunteer please let me know
   ... I propose to cancel some meetings to keep us focus on the
   PlugFest

   Daniel: scripting call will happen

   McCool: use case and architecture wil be taking place
   ... what about the TD call?

   Sebastian: it depends. We'll probably decide in the TD meeting

Breakouts

   McCool: we create a breakouts wiki. we need to decide the time.
   Kaz created a doodle

   <kaz> [19]Doodle for breakouts

     [19] https://doodle.com/poll/d6bs7sqwcisx78ka

   McCool: we also trying to call videos in the marketing
   repository

   <kaz> [20]Breakout session wiki (deadline is Oct 19)

     [20] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/SessionIdeas

   McCool: they might be usesuf for breakouts/TPAC
   ... I did a short intro video

   <kaz> [21]Video area

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/videos

   McCool: I made a power point voice over. It is useful because
   it can be exported to mp4
   ... if you have a video please made a PR in wot-marketing
   videos

Proposed topics F2F meeting

   McCool: during the TD call could please finalize the time you
   need.

   Sebastian: yes

   McCool: try to aim for 3 hours
   ... if you have conflicts please fill the right section on the
   wiki
   ... kaz, should we use zoom instead of webex?
   ... do we want to have video or not during the meeting?
   ... if we have video zoom is better
   ... however, some companies might not allow zoom. Intel is ok
   using zoom for public meetings

   Zoltan: there are also other options; like teams

   Sebastian: why do we need other software for meeting?

   McCool: because video is not so good with webex

   Sebastian: siemens don't like zoom too much

   Ege: let's try with webex I used it and it works

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to allocate webex calls for WoT vF2F days

Joint meetings

   McCool: we planned a long list of joint meetings. Some of them
   are well organized others needs more work.
   ... to create agenda items just create an issue and add a label
   with the joint meeting name
   ... on the main call wiki you can find the current status
   ... PING people prefer to use issue tracker rather than do a
   joint call
   ... we Publishing BG we'll not have a joint call but they will
   join one of our meetings
   ... any update on JSON-LD group

   Sebastian: we are wating for the perfect timings. a doodle will
   be shared

   McCool: sebastian could you organize JSON-LD meeting

   Sebastian: sure

   McCool: about Pune meeting it is very unlikely that we could
   meeting in person... but anyway let see

TF reports

   <inserted> [Scripting]

   Zoltan: we still finishing the review process of the document.
   please check the documents and provide your feedback

   <inserted> [Security/Discovery]

   McCool: for discovery we did some clean up and close some
   issue.
   ... tomura san made great diagrams

   <inserted> [Marketing]

   Sebastian: about the marketing call there weren't many people.
   We reviewed a PR made by Ege. Ege's collecting all the
   information in different wikis. The end goal is to move them in
   github
   ... we are waiting also for the explainer animation video.
   ... mozilla open the WoT project. it is now fully open source

   <inserted> [PoC]

   McCool: there was no poc call this week
   ... all the smart city discussion should be forked out, and Kaz
   is working on that

   <inserted> [TD]

   Sebastian: on TD call we discussed all the PRs for the next
   Public Draft. We now have fixed the rendering script.
   ... that PR blocked a lot of other PRs so now we can go ahead
   and merge them

   McCool: I noticed a few problems. Including resurrection of old
   stuff. However is good.
   ... we decided to have an extra call this week. if you are
   interested in Agriculture please join.
   ... about architecture there were activity about the lifecycle.
   ... any other business?

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to allocate webex calls for WoT vF2F days

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [22]scribe.perl version ([23]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/28 12:09:13 $

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 5 October 2020 10:01:56 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 5 October 2020 10:01:56 UTC