W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2020

[Online PlugFest] minutes - Day 2, 29 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 17:35:55 +0900
Message-ID: <87y2kq2vis.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/29-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                      WoT online PlugFest - Day 2

29 Sep 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Hazel_Kuok, Philipp_Blum,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          David_Ezell, Michael_Koster, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ege_Korkan, Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          sebastian

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]Guests
         3. [5]Checking the minutes from yesterday
         4. [6]PR 66
         5. [7]PR 68
         6. [8]PR 69
         7. [9]PR 70
         8. [10]AOB
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: sebastian

Agenda

   McCool: do some agenda updates

Guests

   Philipp Blum is introduced

   Philipp is a contributor of the RIOT OS project

   [13]W3C Patent Policy

     [13] https://www.w3.org/Consortium/Patent-Policy-20200915/

   [14]FAQ 6

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2003/12/22-pp-faq.html#non-participants

   (McCool and Kaz explain the summary of the W3C patent policy,
   and Philipp understands the requirement.)

Checking the minutes from yesterday

   [15]Sep-29

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/28-wot-pf-minutes.html

   any comments on the minutes?

   there are no objections

PR 66

   <kaz> [16]PR 66

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/66

   McCool: I merged the easy ones
   ... Siemens added a virtual thing
   ... TUM added photo devices
   ... there is an open PR about RIOT OS
   ... the TD there has some issues
   ... there are relative href used, however, no base

   <McCool> [17]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/66/files

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/66/files

   Sebastian: we have a same issue that is quite hard to provide a
   base since the IP address is changing quite often

   McCool: It would be good to have issue that addresses this
   topic

   <scribe> ACTION: Sebastian creates an issue

   Philipp: we have routing issues

   McCool: I will merge this PR and mark as not accessible in the
   active.csv

   Ege: why not providing a dynamic base ?
   ... is it not the same in Thing Model?

   McCool: comments the PR from Philipp

   Philipp: I checked my TD against the Playground. There were
   some strange errors

PR 68

   [18]PR 68

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/68

   McCool: shows next PR from Intel
   ... I have added geolocation to the TD
   ... there is also SDF definitions

   Sebastian: how the SDF definition come from? Relied on JSON
   Schema?

   <kaz> [19]related issue 47

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

   McCool: shows where the SDF definitions are

   <kaz> [20]Koster's comment including the resources

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47#issuecomment-676404790

   Sebastian: for now, it is a hint that OneDM is used, right?

   McCool: yes

   Koster: yes, it should be referenceable. OneDM provides URI
   ... there is OneDM playground
   ... I can help you with your example
   ... I will check why the links not working

   McCool: people define latitude and longitude as strings

   <kaz> [21]Issue 58 on geolocation

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/58

   McCool: recommend to use negative numbers
   ... use float for this

   Ege: processor have to process this

   McCool: this should work

   Cristiano: this is not TD, it is JSON-LD file

   <kaz> [22]schema.org latitude

     [22] https://schema.org/latitude

   Kaz: do you mean "unrestricted double" as the type by "negative
   numbers" here?

   <kaz> [23]5.1. The GeolocationSensor Interface from the Generic
   Sensor API

     [23] https://w3c.github.io/geolocation-sensor/#geolocationsensor-interface

   <citrullin> kaz, Yes, exactly. That is what I was talking
   about. Thanks.

   McCool: yes, that's what I mean

PR 69

   McCool: shows more examples of its PR

   <kaz> [24]PR 69

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/69

   Cristiano: explains the usage of the link to describe the host
   thing

   [25]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/69

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/69

   Ege: Singapore has a same use case with its robots about
   geolocation data

   Kaz: would agree with McCool and suggest we concentrate on the
   "static location" this time, though we need to think about how
   to deal with the static part of TD and the dynamic part of TD
   separately in the (near) future

   McCool: comment issue
   [26]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/58
   ...
   [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/58#issuecomment-7
   00722259
   ... I'm going to merge the PRs from University of Bologna
   ... and the TUM mashup

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/58
     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/58#issuecomment-700722259

PR 70

   [28]PR 70

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/70

   Kaz: merging the PRs is OK but people are encouraged to add
   some supplementary description on how to generate which TD
   automatically, etc., later :)

   Ege: gives some overview about the PR

AOB

   Kaz: did you receive any feedback from Farshid?

   McCool: no

   Kaz: we need to think about what we could do without the
   LinkSmart directry service for the PlugFest then.

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Sebastian creates an issue

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/30 10:42:48 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 1 October 2020 08:36:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 1 October 2020 08:36:04 UTC