W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2020

[Online PlugFest][DRAFT] minutes - Day 3, 30 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2020 17:27:39 +0900
Message-ID: <871rii4ah0.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/30-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                      WoT online PlugFest - Day 3

30 Sep 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Hazel_Kuok, Philipp_Blum,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Ege_Korkan, Cristiano_Aguzzi,
          Daniel_Peintner, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Michael_McCool,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]Guests
         3. [5]Minutes
         4. [6]Updates
         5. [7]PRs
         6. [8]Scenarios
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Agenda

   McCool: (updates the agenda)
   ... anything else?

   Cristiano: made a new PR

   McCool: ok

Guests

   McCool: welcome Philipp, again

Minutes

   [11]Sep-29

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/29-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)
   ... talked about geolocation
   ... merged PRs
   ... any objections to make the minutes official?

   (none)

   McCool: approved

Updates

   McCool: contacted Farshid but he is still on vacation
   ... got clarification that the LinkSmart instance is still
   available
   ... will forward the information to the group list
   ... note that we don't have new query mechanism like SPARQL
   ... for tomorrow, I'll update the scripts
   ... that's the status

   Kaz: tx for the update!

   McCool: synch with the GitHub repo every one hour

PRs

   [12]PRs

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pulls

   McCool: 4 PRs there
   ... Hitachi, NHK, and Cristiano

   [13]PR 72

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/72

   Toumura: added geolocation information

   McCool: ok
   ... no problem and merge it

   (merged)

   [14]PR 73

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/73

   McCool: NHK's update
   ... they have "media" section
   ... can add this kind of additional section but will not
   detected by the validator
   ... would like to check the detail tomorrow

   Ege: I'm afraid this TD will fail with the validator

   McCool: there should be "form" section here
   ... would suggest we think about formal extension for this
   purpose
   ... extension for media handling

   Kaz: yeah, this is a good input for the joint discussion on Oct
   7 as well

   McCool: think so
   ... and would like to merge this
   ... (and adds some comments before merging)

   (merged)

   McCool: and will discuss the detail tomorrow

   [15]PR 74

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/74

   McCool: would assume this is related NodeRED flow
   ... adding a TD
   ... and also updating the active.csv file
   ... looks good to me

   (merged)

   [16]PR 75

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/75

   Cristiano: updates based on yesterday's discussion
   ... added a note on the extension

   

   The TDs are generated starting from Thing Models provided in
   this folder (files with tm-jsonld extension).

   ]]

   McCool: this is actually a JSON-LD file, so should be called
   .tm.jsonld
   ... like .td.jsonld
   ... could be a long-term suggestion

   Cristiano: also security updates
   ... "nosec_sc" to "basic_sc"
   ... 2 different user roles here
   ... and associate them using "link"
   ... sensor is controlled by another TD

   McCool: interesting
   ... there is a discussion on Architecture as well

   Cristiano: another point is geolocation
   ... you can refer to SOSA

   McCool: 3 cases for virtual devices
   ... 1. shadow devices and physical device
   ... 2. simulation
   ... 3. device only visible on AR headset, etc.
   ... software-only device can be also tied with geolocation
   ... would like to capture the points

   Kaz: yeah
   ... and this is related to the proposal from MEIG on AR
   integration with geolocation information

   McCool: (adds comments on his point)

   Cristiano: possibly there will be a 4th option
   ... real device positioned inside a simulation

   Ege: information on different things
   ... humidity sensor and rain forecast
   ... interconnection between simulated devices

   McCool: we have multiple devices
   ... (adds "mashups" as the 5th option)
   ... using data from multiple locations

   Kaz: those options look fine
   ... on the other hand, maybe we should think about the
   relationship and definition of "digital twin" here
   ... because in some viewpoint, WoT is a mechanism to make all
   the devices "digital twins" via Servient

   McCool: (adds a note saying "need to clarify the relationship
   between digital twin and WoT")

   <Philipp_Blum> q+ How about OLCs regarding this topic?
   [17]https://github.com/google/open-location-code Maybe there is
   a standard for it.

     [17] https://github.com/google/open-location-code

   Philipp: question about OLCs

   McCool: not listed yet
   ... we need some more survey and discussion on geolocation
   ... will merge this now

   (merged)

   McCool: we have 20 more minutes

Scenarios

   McCool: would like to think about the scenarios
   ... Ege was working on some

   [18]scenarios area

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online/scenarios

   Ege: I've added some and would like to see input from others

   McCool: would say "Example scenarios" here
   ... and would like to capture other ones now
   ... e.g., media content management
   ... NHK TDs extended with content lists
   ... and then agriculture things
   ... Cristiano, any specific scenario in your mind?

   Cristiano: WoT farmer application
   ... not finished yet right now, though

   McCool: Siemens has extended the UI with geolocation
   ... seems to be interested in this
   ... maybe you might want to work with them
   ... what do you think, Daniel and Sebastian?
   ... we had discussion on geolocation yesterday
   ... Daniel mentioned some extension on geolocation with the UI

   Sebastian: ok
   ... limited use of the interface

   McCool: we should write down requirements for geolocation here
   ... actually creating a map would be useful
   ... adding a screenshot would be also helpful
   ... what the use cases and requirements would be

   Kaz: think we can ask Rob Smith about their AR game use case
   ... we can ask the implementation status during the use case
   call tomorrow

   McCool: (adds that point to the geolocation use case section)
   ... (also adds "smart city")

   Cristiano: some experience on visualization
   ... could help
   ... using Open Street Map

   McCool: (adds that point too)
   ... let me save the updated README.md
   ... (and creates a new issue on "experiment with visualization
   in maps")

   Daniel: disconnected for a while, but I've been also working on
   visualization for geolocation information

   McCool: ok
   ... (and adds the new issue 76 to the README.md)

   [19]Issue 76

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/76

   McCool: next let me see the active devices

   [20]active.csv

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.09.Online/active.csv

   McCool: (edits the format)
   ... (and then checks the devices listed there)

   Ege: TUM's coffee machine is simulated one
   ... then sensors and robots

   McCool: and then Fujitsu
   ... proxy and sensor
   ... then NHK
   ... not sure about "player emulator", though
   ... maybe media player feedback
   ... (adds active devices to the "mashup" section of the
   scenario)
   ... (and then "Siemens coffee machine" and "display on TUM
   matrix" to the "Coffee Status" section of the scenario)

   Ege: push button on the robots

   McCool: push button in TUM, make coffee in Siemens

   Cristiano: sprinkler for farming

   McCool: first input for Siemens and second input for farming?
   ... (adds "take first set of TUM displays" to "Coffee machine")
   ... NHK is doing some work for node-RED integration

   Kaz: very interesting
   ... probably overkill for today but robot UI would imply
   possible gesture UI for accessibility in the future
   ... thanks a lot for all your hard work!

   [PF adjourned; TD call starts in 5 mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/10/01 08:26:36 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 1 October 2020 08:27:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 1 October 2020 08:27:51 UTC