W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > November 2020

[wot-usecases][DRAFT] minutes - 12 November 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 15:14:56 +0900
Message-ID: <87eekrfaxr.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/11/12-wot-uc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Use Cases

12 Nov 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_Lagally, Vlad_Baluta,
          Christof_Kuestner, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Jack_Dickinson,
          Tomoaki_Mizuhsima

   Regrets
          Jennifer_Lin

   Chair
          Lagally

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Minutes
         2. [5]Guests
         3. [6]New call times
         4. [7]OneDM
         5. [8]Collaboration with the other W3C groups
         6. [9]Use Case template
         7. [10]Use Cases draft
         8. [11]Liaison with ITU-T
         9. [12]PR65
        10. [13]PR 61/62 on AR/VR
        11. [14]PR 25
        12. [15]AOB
     * [16]Summary of Action Items
     * [17]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <mlagally>
   [18]https://www.w3.org/2020/10/15-wot-uc-minutes.html

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/15-wot-uc-minutes.html

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Minutes

   [19]Oct-15

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/15-wot-uc-minutes.html

   no problems and approved

Guests

   Lagally: guests from Schaeffler

   Kaz: everybody is already aware of the W3C patent policy

   Lagally: (makes sure)

   Kaz: note that McCool initiated discussion on how to handle
   contributions from non-Members yesterday during the WoT main
   call, because we got input from non-Members for the wot
   marketing resources and possibly for use cases as well

   Lagally: fair enough

New call times

   Lagally: I'm OK with shifting the time of the Use Cases call to
   get more participation
   ... would like to try a doodle poll for that purpose

   [20]WoT call timetable

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_Page#WebConf_Meetings

   Lagally: (shows the timetable above)
   ... for example, Tuesday might be better
   ... any comments?

   (none)

   Lagally: can you generate a doodle, Kaz?

   Kaz: ok, will do

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the possible new
   slot for the WoT Use Cases call

OneDM

   Lagally: Koster is not available today
   ... it's too early/late for him

Collaboration with the other W3C groups

   Kaz: we had good discussions with MEIG, PBG, etc.
   ... should continue the discussion for Use Cases
   ... will work with them

Use Case template

   [21]Use Case template

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/use-case-template.md

   Lagally: we use the above MD template to describe use cases
   ... (shows an example of VR/AR use case)

   [22]PR 62 = Update vr-ar-imaging.md

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/62

Use Cases draft

   [23]WoT Use Cases draft

     [23] https://w3c.github.io/wot-usecases/

   Lagally: (shows the draft)
   ... not ready for publication yet
   ... some of the sections are firm enough, though
   ... we need to resolve the "Eidtor's Notes"

Liaison with ITU-T

   Lagally: there was a meeting of ITU-T SG20 held the other day
   ... we sent a liaison statement for further collaboration
   ... to update this use case document
   ... would be better if they could review this
   ... Jeff Jaffe is helping us with the liaison

PR65

   [24]PR65

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/65

   Lagally: fixing links
   ... will go ahead and merge this
   ... tx, Cristiano!

   Cristiano: np

PR 61/62 on AR/VR

   [25]PR 61

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/61

   Lagally: about AR/VR interface

   Kaz: PR 61 by me focus on the advanced UI capability of the
   AR/VR technology
   ... while Rob's PR 62 focus on actual services

   Lagally: (goes through PR 61)
   ... would suggest we merge this to get the initial draft
   ... and merged

   [26]PR 62

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/62

   Lagally: ah, Rob's PR is for Kaz's branch...
   ... will change it for the master branch given PR 61 is already
   merged
   ... and changes the target branch
   ... (go through the description)
   ... virtual guide for some certain location
   ... would merge this as well

   (no objections)

   Lagally: (merges it)

   [27]resulted VR/AR use case description

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/vr-ar-imaging.md

   Lagally: wondering about Rob's participation in W3C

   Kaz: Spatial Data IG, WICG, etc.

   Lagally: should think about measurement/unit for the data here,
   e.g., location, diction, movement, acceleration
   ... we've been holding discussion on how to handle geolocation
   information already
   ... also time synchronization
   ... and we should think about the gaps between this use case
   proposal and existing technologies

   Kaz: right
   ... how to handle geolocation information and time
   synchronization, etc.
   ... maybe using some eventing mechanism or might be some
   metadata format

   Lagally: what about the expected devices here
   ... e.g., 3D camera, motion sensor, etc.
   ... possible gaps with how to handle data stream

   Kaz: yeah, with various codecs and protocols
   ... maybe the Web Transport proposal might be a possible
   technology

   Lagally: how to proceed?

   Kaz: will get back to Rob and ask him as well for opinion
   ... will ask Chris Needham from BBC and Endo-san from NHK as
   well

   Lagally: good

PR 25

   [28]PR25

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/25

   Lagally: agricultural us case from CoSWoT projet
   ... (goes through the description)

   Cristiano: how to handle the use case?
   ... can merge with my use case on agriculture?

   Kaz: for the use case discussion, we can/should keep individual
   proposals separately
   ... for requirements/gaps, we can think about common part later

   Cristiano: ok

   Lagally: would merge this then

AOB

   Mizu: how to generate the HTML draft from these MD drafts?

   Lagally: would include agriculture proposal under the
   Agriculture
   ... for AR/VR, we can add a new category

   Mizu: can generate the HTML based on the MD

   Lagally: tx

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to generate a doodle for the possible new
   slot for the WoT Use Cases call

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/11/18 05:36:36 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 18 November 2020 06:15:04 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 18 November 2020 06:15:05 UTC