W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > November 2020

[wot-marketing] minutes - 15 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 20:03:26 +0900
Message-ID: <87y2j0fdoh.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/15-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                             WoT Marketing

15 Sep 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Daniel_Peintner,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ege_Korkan

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Approve last week minutes
         2. [4]News/Updates
         3. [5]Website restructering
         4. [6]Animation video
         5. [7]TPAC Video
         6. [8]Conferences
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: dape

Approve last week minutes

   <kaz> [11]Sep-8

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/08-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: Topics about conference Ege was presenting
   ... Animation/feedback for animator designer

   -> no objections --> minutes approved

News/Updates

   Sebastian: RIOT Issue,
   [12]https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/14095
   ... RIOT embedded system with large community
   ... RIOT people try to implement WoT TD
   ... asked for joining one of our next PlugFests
   ... people seem to be busy but there is a RIOT summit

     [12] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/14095

   <sebastian>
   [13]https://summit.riot-os.org/2020/wp-content/uploads/sites/15
   /2020/09/s2-3-philipp-blum.pdf

     [13] https://summit.riot-os.org/2020/wp-content/uploads/sites/15/2020/09/s2-3-philipp-blum.pdf

   Sebastian: with WoT presentation

   McCool: created issue in WOT about integration openHAB and
   Mozilla
   ... RIOT is another interesting system

   Cristiano: Thingsspeek is one also and other ones (home
   assistant)

   Sebastian: found many more projects... some of them are
   actively maintained

   McCool: Yes, we should track them

   Sebastian: Cristiano leads also some projects
   ... ASC 2020, presentation from Ege

   Ege: Conference was well organized
   ... did live presentation
   ... others did recorded presentations
   ... asked for sharing slides, no response yet
   ... youtube video will be published soon
   ... got some questions from Microsoft, digital twin description
   language
   ... somewhat a similar idea

   McCool: Did discuss this in WISHI meeting
   ... it is essentially ThingModel

   Ege: asked how to join our group
   ... about the mailing list
   ... shared links and information about meetings
   ... Q: who writes TD (end user, manufacturer, ..)...
   ... also other presentations were very good

   McCool: Archive of presentations?

   Ege: Schedule is public

   <Ege>
   [14]https://events.linuxfoundation.org/openapi-asc/program/sche
   dule/

     [14] https://events.linuxfoundation.org/openapi-asc/program/schedule/

   Ege: organized by Linux Foundation
   ... videos will be available later on

   <Ege>
   [15]https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/asc2020/11/ASC2020.pp
   tx

     [15] https://static.sched.com/hosted_files/asc2020/11/ASC2020.pptx

   Ege: used the template we have in marketing repo
   ... in total 300 participants

   Sebastian: Conference once a year?

   Ege: Yes
   ... talks were using openAPI
   ... async API
   ... RESTQL

   Sebastian: Thanks Ege!

Website restructuring

   Sebastian: Open issues

   <Ege> link on github
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/presentati
   ons/ASC2020.pptx

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/presentations/ASC2020.pptx

   Sebastian: website not very clear about task forces
   ... issue 77
   ... [17]https://danielpeintner.github.io/wot-marketing/
   ... overview about groups, task forces

     [17] https://danielpeintner.github.io/wot-marketing/

   Daniel: describe what task forces are about

   Kaz: information on TFs should be put under the WG page or the
   IG page depending on which group they belong to

   Sebastian: current landing page w3.org/WoT/

   Daniel: we should harmonize visual appearance

   Kaz: Should think about structure first

   Daniel: the proposal is about the structure, not content

   Kaz: Should think about the whole structure

   Daniel: Generic information about what each task force is about
   should be on the new page, wiki may remain for work internal
   stuff

   Kaz: need to clarify what goes where

   Ege: main problem: wiki pages are not meant for WoT interested
   people

   Kaz: need to consider accessibility also

   Ege: everything should be on GitHub

   Kaz: Should still list everything
   ... clarify list of resources

   Ege: wiki pages were created also without discussions

   Kaz: need to talk to all the task forces if we change the
   structure of the TF pages

   Ege: will create MD files that lists all resources

   Kaz: newly proposed pages should be upper compatilble to the
   existing pages, so we need to think about which information on
   the existing pages should be included in which new pages

   Ege: Yes

   Kaz: move all wiki pages, not using wiki at all?
   ... not sure if everyone is happy

   Ege: more happy with single style, i.e., using only the
   Markdown on GitHub

   McCool: GitHub is more flexible

   Ege: Agree

   kaz: as I've been repeating, I'm not objecting and even have
   been suggesting we should mainly use GitHub README.md for
   detailed planning, e.g., for PlugFests. However, we need to
   check with all the TFs to make sure.

   Daniel: Next steps, collect list (Ege) and then we look again
   at the proposed structure

   Kaz: Agree

Animation video

   Sebastian: Animatar made updated proposal

   Kaz: new proposal
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/p
   roposed-logos/WOT%20Graphic%20Proposal%20C.docx

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/proposed-logos/WOT Graphic Proposal C.docx

   Sebastian: looks OK to me

   Kaz: contrast for "node JS" image is not good enough
   ... asked for improvements

   Sebastian: Kaz has pinged the animator

   Kaz: Also shared contrast tool
   [19]https://developer.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanaly
   ser/

     [19] https://developer.paciellogroup.com/resources/contrastanalyser/

   Sebastian: Hope we see soon some video samples

TPAC Video

   McCool: Issue in issue tracker
   ... 1. 3 minutes presentation
   ... 2. Demo video
   ... started to collect demo video place
   ... do have presentation draft already
   ... not yet created video
   ... share it tomorrow in main call
   ... only 3 minute video... will use PPTX and do voice over
   ... will be just a summary of current activity
   ... slide: goal and use case
   ... slide: current work items
   ... at the moment I do have to many slides.. need to do a
   clean-up
   ... slide3 about TD

   Sebastian: comment about first slide: like comparison with
   traditional website

   McCool: Agree, but we do not have orchestration per se
   ... like Eges work and will take a look at it
   ... interop is our goal (not really orchestration)
   ... mashup is good example
   ... try to finish the slides by tomorrow
   ... w.r.t. demo video

   Sebastian: new video for TPAC would cool

   McCool: my first thought as well, but Ralph would like to see
   more technical details

   Sebastian: OK, but can still share video

   McCool: started to list available videos

   [20]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/videos

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/videos

   <Ege> [21]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt_P2BU8e3I

     [21] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt_P2BU8e3I

   <Ege> [22]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_bGMQnLzI

     [22] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_bGMQnLzI

   McCool: length of animation video?

   Sebastian: maximum 3 minutes

   <Ege> [23]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb60fAE02GU

     [23] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb60fAE02GU

   Ege: shared some videos
   ... about tutorial, proxy, ...

   McCool: Can you list those videos on
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/videos
   wiothv description and length
   ... suggest consistent style

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/videos

   Ege: will do

   McCool: Deadline for videos is Monday
   ... animation ready by than? Unlikely...

   Daniel: Yes, end of September

   McCool: Issue sharing on Youtube
   ... there is a W3C channel on YouTube
   ... not sure if we need to go through review

   Kaz: There is a process. Need to talk with Ralph and Dom

   Sebastian: We are over time ;-)

   McCool: need to go to POC call

Conferences

   <ktoumura> [25]Node-RED Con Tokyo 2020

     [25] https://nodered.jp/noderedcon2020/index-en.html

   Toumura: NODE-RED conference
   ... Japanese conference
   ... asked for use cases
   ... PlugFest examples et cetera
   ... will use WoT material

   Sebastian: Sure
   ... do you have already material

   Toumura: Not yet

   Sebastian: Conference is October 10
   ... still some time

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/10/20 11:16:22 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 17 November 2020 11:03:35 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 17 November 2020 11:03:36 UTC