W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 13 May 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 17:56:45 +0900
Message-ID: <87lflgie9e.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/05/13-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Matsukura-san!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

13 May 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Manjusha_Godbole, Michael_Lagally,
          Michael_McCool, Samuel_Singapogu, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Michael_Koster, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          ryuichi, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Review minutes
         3. [6]AC meeting
         4. [7]IRTF draft on RESTful designs for IoT systems
         5. [8]Joint meeting with ITU-T
         6. [9]New TF for use case
         7. [10]New PoC TF call
         8. [11]Next f2f meeting in June.
         9. [12]TPAC
        10. [13]Possible f2f in Pune
        11. [14]TF reports
     * [15]Summary of Action Items
     * [16]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: ryuichi

Agenda

   <kaz> [17]Agenda

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#13_May_2019

   today's agenda

   guests from Siemens and Schneider Electric.

   <kaz> Manjusha Godbole from Siemens and Samuel Singapogu from
   Schneider Electric are the guests

   Manjusha self introduction

   <kaz> Manjusha from Siemens India in Pune to provide logistics
   information for the possible f2f meeting in Pune

   <kaz> Samuel works on eCl@ss

   Samuel joins in the context semantic with interworking with wot
   and eclass

Review minutes

   <kaz> [18]May-6 minutes

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/06-wot-minutes.html

   Sebastian: new participants from japan. Access.

   <kaz> [19]preliminary TPAC questionnaire for the WoT
   participants

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202010/

   Sebastian: two options for TPAC meeting, physical or virtual
   ... any objection to approve the minutes?

   <kaz> (none)

   Sebastian: minutes approved

AC meeting

   <kaz> approved and will be published

   <kaz> [20]AC meeting

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/AC/ac-agenda.html

   Sebastian: Discovery TF call will be canelled next week

   <inserted> (Kaz mentions people should be aware of at least the
   patent policy change and project management update; McCool will
   make some brief report next week)

   Lagally: how did change the patent policy ?

   <kaz> Kaz: the biggest change is "evergreen" process, and it
   could be related our expected vocabulary ontology later

IRTF draft on RESTful designs for IoT systems

   Sebastian: new document from IRTF.

   <kaz> [21]RESTful Designs for IoT Systems

     [21] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-irtf-t2trg-rest-iot/

   <kaz> Sebastian: to be reviewed during the TD call and the next
   main call

   Sebastian: welcome to comments for this document.

Joint meeting with ITU-T

   <kaz> Dave: had discussion with ITU-T guys last Friday, they'd
   like to talk about their work during the next WoT main call

New TF for use case

   <kaz> [22]Use Case TF wiki

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_UseCase_WebConf

   Lagally: use case TF will start this week

   <kaz> tomorrow on May 14

   <kaz> [23]WebEx coordinate

     [23] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-wot-wg/2020May/0012.html

   <kaz> Lagally: let's talk about how to proceed tomorrow

New PoC TF call

   <kaz> [24]PoC TF wiki

     [24] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PoC_WebConf

   McCool: regular call for PoC TF

   <kaz> McCool: part of the IG, and will talk about
   implementations

Next f2f meeting in June.

   <kaz> [25]June meeting wiki

     [25] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online

   Sebastian: has difficulty with attending the meeting on June 11
   and 12

   scribenick: kaz

   McCool: we could move it one week earlier or later
   ... part of the week, or the whole week
   ... another question is that Friday evening is not really good
   for JP participants

   Kaz: can create another doodle including several candidate
   dates in the earlier week and the following weekss (avoiding
   Friday)
   ... also will get back to you all once I've got response from
   the Systeam about the VPN service setting

   <McCool_> would still be good if the doodle poll also included
   the hours 9am-12 (altantic) to check for conflicts

   scribenick: ryuichi

   Sebastian: please do the doodle poll to vote the dates to be
   able to join

   Kaz: regarding the PlugFest, W3C system team can provide VPN
   service on AWS.

TPAC

   <kaz> [26]TPAC questionnaire for the WoT participants

     [26] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202010/

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: McCool is looking into possible hosts for PlugFest,
   Simon Fraser and UBC

Possible f2f in Pune

   Manjusha: two airports, Mumbai and Pune
   ... many hotels with good facilities there
   ... JW Marriott and Hyatt Regency
   ... facility for conference, plugfest and opayday
   ... cafeteria as well
   ... some information about places to visit
   ... restaurants and shops

   [27]Pune wikipedia article

     [27] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pune

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask if we want to put this
   information on a wiki

   Sebastian: we can put the slides on the main wiki first

   Kaz: ok

TF reports

   Scripting:

   Zoltan: discussing changes on APIs
   ... handle data schema and content type
   ... working on typescript as well
   ... also implementation for OAuth
   ... Cristiano Aguzzi is helping
   ... joint discussion with the Security TF

   Security:

   McCool: looked at lifecycle
   ... also PRs inflight
   ... talked about discovery design decisions
   ... decided to put a document in one place
   ... use cases to be organized better
   ... use case discussion tomorrow during the UC call to discuss
   how to proceed

   Sebastian: need somebody to test OAuth for node-wot

   McCool: some of us might be interested
   ... I can also review it
   ... let's see if Singapore also is interested

   Discovery:

   McCool: design decisions as already mentioned
   ... need to convert the use case template to the official one

   Lagally: discovery use case
   ... would be great to have contributions to tomorrow's use case
   call
   ... having everything on the table would be better

   McCool: two new ones there
   ... use case discussion would be relevant

   Lagally: ok
   ... will add that to tomorrow's use case agenda

   Marketing:

   Sebastian: very short meeting last week
   ... explainer video
   ... contacting the MarComm Team too

   Architecture:

   Lagally: first call was cancelled due to holidays in Japan
   ... discussion on security, etc., during the 2nd call
   ... also use case discussion

   Ege: further discussion during the use case call tomorrow?

   Lagally: yes
   ... reorganized use cases
   ... we're almost (80-90%) done now
   ... ready for further discussion tomorrow

   TD:

   Sebastian: feedback from the WISHI workshop
   ... what kind of new features to be tested during the upcoming
   PlugFest?
   ... would have further discussion this Friday
   ... interested in oneDM approach

   McCool: anything to be tested should be put on the F2F wiki

   [28]PlugFest Testing session of the June meeting wiki

     [28] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online#Testing

   Sebastian: tx for joining, Manjusha and Samuel

   [main call adjourned; PlugFest call starts in 5 mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [29]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([30]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/05/20 12:25:13 $

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 25 May 2020 08:56:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 25 May 2020 08:56:14 UTC