W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 6 May 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 16:53:21 +0900
Message-ID: <875zct1xxq.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/05/06-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

06 May 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_May_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kuihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally, Tetsushi_Matsuda,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan, dezell,
          Dave_Raggett, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Ben_Francis,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Welcome
         2. [5]Invited Expert nominations
         3. [6]Prev minutes
         4. [7]Quick updates
         5. [8]Separate use case call
         6. [9]F2F planning updates
         7. [10]TPAC questionnaire
         8. [11]TF reports
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <McCool> agenda:
   [14]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_May_2020

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#6_May_2020

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Welcome

   McCool: any guests?

   (none)

   McCool: new participants from Access?
   ... maybe next week

Invited Expert nominations

   McCool: nobody today
   ... the Chairs and the Team Contacts will continue to handle
   the applications

Prev minutes

   <McCool> [15]https://www.w3.org/2020/04/29-wot-minutes.html

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/29-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)

   <McCool>
   [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-0
   5-01-WoT-EdgeX-Connexus.pdf

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-05-01-WoT-EdgeX-Connexus.pdf

   McCool: there was a meeting with EdgeX
   ... slides above
   ... typo with "logisitics"
   ... any objections to publish the minutes?

   (none)

Quick updates

   McCool: still working on the questionnaire for AC 2020
   ... conflicts with the discovery call, so discovery meeting on
   May 18 is cancelled
   ... Govtech call held on May 5
   ... reviewed use cases
   ... will continue the detailed discussion during the
   Architecture call (and then the dedicated Use Cases call)
   ... will be merged with the retail discussion
   ... wiki page is already ready

   [17]PoC wiki

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PoC_WebConf

   McCool: Next meeting May 19, on "Smart City", then will
   alternate between Smart City and Retail PoC discussions
   ... on 19th, smart city discussion and then AC meeting

Separate use case call

   McCool: doodle poll is available

   [18]Doodle to decide the use case slot

     [18] https://doodle.com/poll/nn5vyuwx4tk6b8fh

   Lagally: proposal to avoid IP issues, etc.
   ... created a doodle poll to decide the date/time
   ... 5 responses so far, and would get more
   ... dedicated focus on use cases
   ... the plan is starting with the next week
   ... so please shift the date on the doodle poll by one week
   ... please respond by the end of this week

   McCool: the architecture call is cancelled this week?

   Lagally: the first call will be cancelled
   ... but we'll have the second call

F2F planning updates

   McCool: confirmed joint workshop with T2TRG will be held on
   June 8
   ... but it's confusing to have both the agenda items (one for
   our f2f and another for the workshop) on the wiki
   ... so will reorganize it
   ... there is a tentative list for the T2TRG workshop

   [19]T2TRG workshop topics

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online#T2TRG.2FWoT_Workshop_Topics_.28Tentative.29

   McCool: and requests to speak

   [20]requests to speak

     [20] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online#Requests_to_Speak

   McCool: there will be a call of T2TRG on Friday next week
   ... if you want to give a talk, please add your name and topic
   here
   ... (then go through our own schedule)

   [21]f2f schedule

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online#Schedule

   

   June 9: 9am-11am Atlantic (2h)

   June 10: 9am-12am Atlantic (3h)

   June 11: 10am-12am Atlantic (2h)

   June 12: 9am-12am Atlantic (3h)

   ]]

   McCool: tentative topics

   

   Scripting

   Security

   Discovery

   PlugFest/Testing

   Marketing

   Architecture

   Thing Description

   Binding Templates

   ]]

   Koster: oneDM topic?

   McCool: we can manage 20 hours or so if needed
   ... the negative side is we need to cancel our ordinary calls
   ... let's talk about what to discuss first
   ... and then see how long time we need
   ... please respond to the doodle to pick date/time

   <McCool> [22]https://doodle.com/poll/gucnmwm87khskxfm

     [22] https://doodle.com/poll/gucnmwm87khskxfm

   McCool: good news is that W3C System Team is willing to support
   us for VPN setting
   ... asking if it would be OK to run the VPN on AWS
   ... would respond to them saying OK
   ... will aim to have it up from May 25 - June 7
   ... someone need to set up a router
   ... volunteers?

   Koster: I'm totally busy now...
   ... very interested, though

   McCool: maybe we can find some existing instructions?

   Koster: can work on that

   McCool: we need to clarify the number of the plugfest
   participants
   ... would respond to the Systeam saying around 12

   Koster: starting with two CPU setting?

   McCool: would give the Systeam a heads-up
   ... network setting would be more problematic
   ... note that we'll transfer the logistics information on the
   T2TRG workshop to their side
   ... the question is that they usually record their workshop and
   publish that on YouTube
   ... should ask the whole group by email as well
   ... we need group consensus about this

TPAC questionnaire

   McCool: still on the pipeline
   ... please respond to the questionnaire

   [23]restricted TPAC questionnaire for the WoT participants

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202010/

   McCool: (shows his own response as an example)
   ... the question 2 about joint meetings is a bit confusing
   ... pick one from the menu and then put other candidates on the
   comments field

TF reports

   Daniel: Scripting
   ... kind of postponed to merge the proposal
   ... issues on implementations on OAuth2
   ... still discussion ongoing

   McCool: Security
   ... looked at the lifecycle
   ... also looked at the use case/requirements template
   ... add fields to the template
   ... smart city health monitoring use case, etc.
   ... Oliver will look into cross protocols
   ... Discovery
   ... had an additional discussion with LinkSmart guys
   ... query of data
   ... how to control metadata back from the directory
   ... if the data is single data, would be very big
   ... extra data when/how to handle the time with
   ... make support for time mandatory
   ... the other question about how to handle extra data from the
   directory?
   ... based on the signature?
   ... need to wrap up all the decisions as a document
   ... need to go through the design decisions so far
   ... PlugFest/Testing
   ... no call last week
   ... we have a backlog to do
   ... Koster, can you join the PF/Testing call next week?

   Koster: let me check
   ... yes

   McCool: Marketing?

   Sebastian: some discussion on explainer video
   ... decided to have a video made by a professional animator
   ... will ask W3C MarComm Team, etc., about possible candidates
   ... also will ask some more people
   ... a question about if we have a call tomorrow
   ... maybe should cancel it?

   McCool: would have a call tomorrow
   ... we should also participate in the W3C site redesign
   discussion
   ... would talk about that as well during the Marketing call

   Sebastian: ok
   ... we also talked about McCool's presentation for the edgeX
   call

   <McCool>
   [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-0
   5-01-WoT-EdgeX-Connexus.pdf

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-05-01-WoT-EdgeX-Connexus.pdf

   McCool: slides above

   Daniel: btw, we talked about the WoT logo as well

   McCool: yes
   ... we got permission to use from the author
   ... anything else?
   ... Architecture?

   Lagally: 2 calls as usual last week
   ... presentation on new use case for smart energy grid
   ... updated proposal on lifecycle
   ... discussion will be continued tomorrow
   ... consolidate all the use cases and go into a deeper layer
   ... tomorrow, the first call will be cancelled
   ... but the second call will be held for the lifecycle
   discussion, etc.
   ... please provide your response for the use case slot doodle

   McCool: TD/Binding?

   Sebastian: no call last week
   ... this Friday
   ... would make progress on hypermedia
   ... would be great to have Ben

   Ben: sorry but public holiday in UK

   Sebastian: ok
   ... would start the discussion anyway
   ... great to have your comments on GitHub

   Ben: ok

   McCool: a comment on MQTT
   ... maybe we could invite him to one of our calls

   Sebastian: TD call?

   McCool: possibly

   Sebastian: ok
   ... we should ask him if he's aware of the Binding Template
   mechanism

   McCool: already mentioned that

   Sebastian: we're working on vocabulary for MQTT

   McCool: good to talk with users

   Koster: good to have some tutorials

   McCool: should talk about that during the marketing call

   Koster: would be part of that

   Sebastian: would make sense to invite that guy to the TD call
   then

   McCool: anything else?
   ... need to reboot the profile discussion
   ... OK to reopen it during the Architecture call (after
   finishing the lifecycle discussion)?

   Lagally: that's the plan

   Sebastian: yesterday, I got in touch with a new GitHub project

   <sebastian> [25]https://github.com/joshco/wot_powerpoint

     [25] https://github.com/joshco/wot_powerpoint

   McCool: should maintain the information within the marketing
   activity

   Sebastian: very easy to use it

   McCool: that is one of the media control use cases

   <McCool> [26]https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/developers/

     [26] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/developers/

   Sebastian: (shows the WoT welcome page)

   <McCool>
   [27]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/docs/devel
   opers/index.html

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/docs/developers/index.html

   McCool: would generate a PR to update the page with the
   information
   ... anything else?

   (none)

   [main call adjourned; PlugFest call starts in 6 mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/05/07 23:06:05 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 18 May 2020 07:52:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 18 May 2020 07:52:58 UTC