W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 29 April 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 08:18:12 +0900
Message-ID: <87r1vvbah7.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/29-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Sebastian!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

29 Apr 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Ege_Korakan, Dave_Raggett, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_McCool, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Daniel_Peintner, David_Ezell, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Michael_Lagally

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          sebastian

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Guests?
         2. [4]Check previous minutes
         3. [5]AC meeting
         4. [6]EdgeX update
         5. [7]Doodle for new Use Case meeting
         6. [8]Virtual F2F planning in June
         7. [9]TPAC
         8. [10]TF reports
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: sebastian

Guests?

   do we have guests today?

   <inserted> (none)

Check previous minutes

   <McCool> [13]https://www.w3.org/2020/04/08-wot-minutes.html

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/08-wot-minutes.html

   <McCool> [14]https://www.w3.org/2020/04/22-wot-minutes.html

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/22-wot-minutes.html

   McCool: showing minutes from April 8th, 2020
   ... any comments? objections to make them public?
   ... no

   <kaz> [typo just fixed]

   McCool: minutes from April 22, 2020
   ... is there an official process about the invited experts?

   Kaz: yes, there is
   ... shall we ask Dave about the copyright of the WoT logo?

   Dave: I will check the message from the original author
   mentioning we can use the logo freely.

   <kaz> [typos fixed]

   <kaz> kaz: fixed the press release text as well

   McCool: any objections on the minutes?
   ... no

AC meeting

   McCool: there is the AC meeting 18-19 May for AC reps and
   chairs
   ... causes conflicts with some of the meetings on Monday

   Kaz: all presentation shall be available until May 11

   McCool: I need to update the WoT slides

   Kaz: this time the AC meeting will be held as a virtual
   meeting, and so the agenda is quite limited
   ... therefore there will not be "WGs updates" session including
   WoT

   McCool: ok

   <kaz> [15]AC agenda page (Member-only)

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/05/AC/ac-agenda.html

   <inserted> Kaz: on monday, may 18, scripting and security can
   be held, but discovery is overlapped with the ac meeting

EdgeX update

   McCool: Conexxus PoC
   ... there is an invitation from Conexxus on Friday to talk
   about the project
   ... in the marketing call I will show the current status of the
   planed presentation

Doodle for new Use Case meeting

   Lagally: let's wait until everybody has voted
   ... I'm ok if there is an overlap with the Architecture call

   <McCool> [16]doodle for the use case slot

     [16] https://doodle.com/poll/nn5vyuwx4tk6b8fh

Virtual F2F planning in June

   <McCool>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,
   _Online#F2F_Topics_.28Tentative.29

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_1-12_June_2020,_Online#F2F_Topics_.28Tentative.29

   McCool: there is a ToDo that each TF should fill the topics at
   the f2f wiki page
   ... still need some support for the PlugFest software
   ... no response from the W3C yet
   ... there is a doodle to find the best time slots for the
   meeting

   [18]doodle for the virtual f2ff in June

     [18] https://doodle.com/poll/gucnmwm87khskxfm

   McCool: please update your settings since there are new options
   ... PlugFest participation question has been added - please
   respond!

   [19]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wot-f2f-202006/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wot-f2f-202006/

   McCool: is there some questions about logistics?
   ... no

TPAC

   McCool: there is a wiki that already collects possible joint
   meetings. It must be evaluated about the time conflicts
   ... there is a questionnaire about the expected TPAC logistics

   [20]quirestionnaire about TPAC logistics for the WoT WG/IG

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wotf2f-202010/

   McCool: please to the questionnaire and compare it with my
   (Michael McCool) questionnaire result

   Lagally: Shall we add the TAG group?

   McCool: add TAG in the list at the TPAC wiki page
   ... Intel might be able to sponser the PlugFest
   ... or maybe Mozilla has an office in Vancouver
   ... but we should be careful about making commitment at the
   moment due to the current situation

TF reports

   Scripting:

   Daniel: discussion about the extending the API with an wrapper
   that includes precise information like contentType, language,
   etc.
   ... also some discusson about W3C WebAssembly, escpecially
   there is a new nodejs version that supports WebAssembly

   Security:

   McCool: discussion about security and privacy considerations
   and requirements for the architecture

   Discovery:

   McCool: discussion about query technologies such as JSON Path

   Testing:

   McCool: clearify logistics

   Discovery (revisited):

   Lagally: you mention Fraunhofer's approach about discovery

   McCool: Using JSON Path which have to be evaluated, mabye
   during a PlugFest

   <kaz> David suggests we talk with Ivan Herman as well

   Koster: lets coordinate this work with IETF

   Kaz will start an inital discussion about JSON Path with Ivan,
   David, MK, MM, and Carsten Bormann

   Marketing:

   Sebastian: some progress on the explainer video and McCool will
   show some slides for it's presentation on Friday

   Architecture:

   Lagally: there are new use cases such as smart cities
   ... ask for some requirements for the TD directory, who are the
   stakeholders?
   ... discussion about onboarding

   TD:

   Sebastian: repository re-organization, template discussion,
   etc.
   ... meeting on May 1 is cancelled due to public holiday in
   Europe
   ... next meeting on May 8

   PlugFest/Testing call will be cancelled today

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/05/06 12:13:37 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 7 May 2020 23:18:34 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 7 May 2020 23:18:34 UTC