W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > May 2020

[wot-marketing] minutes - 16 April 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 22:41:32 +0900
Message-ID: <87zhampkhf.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/04/16-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the notes, Mizushima-san!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

16 Apr 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Agenda

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peinter, Ege_Korkan,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Ryuichi_Matsukura, David_Ezell

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          Mizushima, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Prev minutes
         3. [6]Press release
         4. [7]Wikipedia
         5. [8]New welcome page
         6. [9]WoT logo
         7. [10]Developer outreach
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: Mizushima

Agenda

   Sebastian: about press releaes

Prev minutes

   <kaz> [13]Apr-9 minutes

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/09-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: prev minutes have been approved

   <kaz> [14]Mar-26 minutes

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/26-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: 26th minutes have been also approved

Press release

   <kaz> [15]WoT press release

     [15] https://www.w3.org/2020/04/pressrelease-wot-rec.html.en

   <kaz> [16]WoT news collection

     [16] https://www.w3.org/Press/Articles

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: published the press release
   ... the MarComm Team is collecting news as well
   ... if you have any news from your countries, please let us
   know
   ... and then information on Fujitsu's product

   Kaz: would add one line to the products list within the main
   body

   Sebastian: what is the product name?

   Matsukura: no product name is assigned yet

   <ryuichi> Fujitsu offers WoT-compliant edge and cloud proxy (a
   software product), which can connect different IoT devices
   locally and aggregate them with a single interface to build
   large-scale systems on the cloud.

   Matsukura: proposed text above

   Sebastian: would be better to mention the actual product name
   here as well

   Matsukura: provided just for Japan so far, so there is Japanese
   description only...

   Sebastian: I'm definitely OK with adding the information myself
   ... very cool to have more products here

   Kaz: How about you, Michael?

   McCool: fine

   Matsukura: tx

   Kaz: will check with the MarComm Team then

   <scribe> ACTION: kaz to talk with the MarComm Team about
   possible addition for Fujitsu within the Press Release

Wikipedia

   Sebastian: rejected twice...
   ... references are not enough, etc.
   ... think we have sufficient information, though

   <sebastian>
   [17]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

     [17] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

   Ege: I changed the first one
   ... but still need further improvement for the other references
   ... formal style with publishers, etc.

   McCool: also should include the status?

   Sebastian: would also mention the official press release

   Ege: will mention that

   Kaz: will check with the Editor of the JSON-LD article

   Sebastian: ongoing?

   Kaz: yes

   Sebastian: ok
   ... it seems the JSON-LD article is a bit old, and the latest
   policy of Wikipedia might have changed, though

   Ege: will work on improvement

New welcome page

   Sebastian: what WoT would be good for, etc.
   ... we had discussion on some guidelines
   ... checked with the MarComm Team and got some more
   instructions

   <sebastian> [18]https://www.w3.org/participate/podcastsvideo

     [18] https://www.w3.org/participate/podcastsvideo

   Sebastian: W3C podcast and videos site

   [19]https://www.w3.org/2007/11/media-policies

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2007/11/media-policies

   Kaz: maybe the link above?

   Sebastian: goes through the guidelines

   Kaz: Coralie mentioned Dominuque is also working on proposals
   ... and suggests we have discussion on the w3t-pr list

   Sebastian: but she also mentioned generating video itself is OK

   Kaz: kind of concerned about the possible cost for the video
   generation

   Sebastian: would move forward and generate some prototype
   version

   McCool: maybe we could ask Coralie about precedents
   ... ask them about their preference and policy

   (some more discussions)

   McCool: we could mention we're planning to ask some animator to
   work on our video

   Sebastian: ok, I can ask them

   McCool: and we should ask their preference too

   Kaz: if we're ok with generating a prototype to accelerate the
   procedure, that might be a good approach, though

   McCool: yeah, we can mention that to Coralie

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to JSON-LD have videos also, see
   [20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vioCbTo3C-4

     [20] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vioCbTo3C-4

   Daniel: don't think we're the first guy to generate a video

   Kaz: so far all the videos on the videocast page are generated
   by the Team
   ... so as McCool mentioned, let's make a proposal to Corealie
   about our plan on generating a prototype video as the basis of
   further discussion

   Sebastian: ok, let's go for it

WoT logo

   Sebastian: we have a WoT logo but that's not a W3C official one
   ... have been talking with the MarComm Team about this as well

   (some more discussions)

   RESOLUTION: we will request the W3C Team to make the logos on
   the following page the official W3C Web of Things logos:
   [21]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Web_of_Things_Logos

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Web_of_Things_Logos

Developer outreach

   Sebastian: should talk about that or maybe next week?

   Kaz: would suggest we talk about that next week

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to talk with the MarComm Team about possible
   addition for Fujitsu within the Press Release

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [22]we will request the W3C Team to make the logos on the
       following page the official W3C Web of Things logos:
       https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Web_of_Things_Logos

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([24]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/05/05 13:39:47 $

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 5 May 2020 13:41:14 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 5 May 2020 13:41:14 UTC