W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[wot-poc] minutes - 21 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 13:38:35 +0900
Message-ID: <87eeovlyus.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/21-wot-poc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                WoT PoC

21 Jul 2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Michael_McCool, David_Ezell,
          Toamoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda
         2. [4]Quick updates
         3. [5]EdgeX retail PoC
         4. [6]Use cases?
         5. [7]Next meeting
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Agenda

   McCool: use cases, Python support, EdgeX, requirements related
   to geolocation, centralized data management

   Jennifer: what about MQTT over WebSocket, etc.?

   McCool: should be part of the Binding Templates discussion
   ... is there some additional support for scripting, etc.?
   ... note that Python should be priority for several
   implementations

   Jennifer: can understand

   McCool: some discussion within the Web and Networks IG on edge
   computing as well
   ... related to IoT registration use cases
   ... Python is used for AI systems as well, so would make sense
   to consider it
   ... the other thing to be considered is robotics

   Jennifer: some implementations may use JavaScript and Node.js

   McCool: should think about medical monitoring and diagnosis for
   healthcare purposes
   ... might be related to some regulations

   Jennifer: e.g., mask detection is used for health monitoring

   McCool: that's also interesting

   David: we should also measure the distance between people

   McCool: right

   Jennifer: various technologies could be applied

   Kaz: e.g., JP gov encourages us to use a specific smartphone
   app to detect distance based on bluetooth I/F

Quick updates

   McCool: Connexus invited us to a conference
   ... will do some demo on WoT PoC
   ... NodeRED and node-gen to be included
   ... pre-recorded video is expected
   ... need to sit down and prepare for it

   Kaz: do you want some help from Toumura-san?

   McCool: thinking about that
   ... will reach out him
   ... focus on retail use cases

   David: a couple of data points
   ... separate video by a production company
   ... W3C also have been working on that kind of approach

   McCool: next week to be used for the editing

   David: they'll be sending some materials

   McCool: ok

   David: not general purposes but custom purposes

   McCool: will be finalizing the agenda shortly

   David: tx

EdgeX retail PoC

   McCool: we've been working with Fraunhofer guys and Node-gen
   guys
   ... need to pull TD out of the directory service
   ... should integrate it with EdgX service for interoperability
   purposes
   ... the next thing is generating particular scenario for retail
   use cases
   ... using some simulated/virtual devices
   ... need some zone detection mechanism
   ... the question is having different interface for various
   devices

   Kaz: you mean you'll have a meeting with EdgeX on Thursday
   about that?

   McCool: yes
   ... if you're interested, please let me know
   ... eventually, probably Fraunhofer should be also involved
   ... preparing for a demo in October
   ... probably should reach out to Toumura-san for node-gen
   ... my section is 20 mins
   ... will include a short demo around 5-10 mins
   ... we can reuse the node-gen video
   ... anything else about retail?

   Jennifer: if I want to see the presentations, is that possible?

   McCool: that's possible but the Connexus event itself is a paid
   one
   ... can share my own resources with you if any problems

   David: can also check

   McCool: regarding our resources like the node-gen video, we can
   let Connexus use it but that's not exclusive

Use cases?

   McCool: note that we don't want to dive into too much detail on
   use cases during this call because we have a separate use cases
   call on Thursday

   David: the use case call occur 8am ADT on Thursday?

   McCool: yes
   ... (shows the use case description on edge computing)

   [10]wot-usecases PR 31 - edge computing use case

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/pull/31

   McCool: please review it

   <McCool> [11]edge computing description

     [11] https://github.com/mmccool/wot-usecases/blob/edge-computing/USE-CASES/edge-computing.md

   McCool: (goes through the use case description)
   ... please take a look

   David: is it OK to share this with the Chair of the EdgeX side?

   McCool: sure
   ... (then goes through the geolocation use case description as
   well)

   [12]smart city geolocation use case

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-usecases/blob/master/USE-CASES/smartcity-geolocation.md

   McCool: issues on latency and timestamps as well as precision
   and resolution
   ... the details should be described separately because those
   viewpoints are not only for geolocation purposes

   David: could ask some thought about this as well

   McCool: do you have geolocation requirements yourselves?

   David: some for geofencing, etc., but not specifically other
   than that

   McCool: btw, wanted to introduce "dor" to you
   ... interesting sensor which counts people's foot traffic
   ... cloud-based approach
   ... not edge computing-based

   <McCool> [13]https://www.getdor.com/how-it-works/

     [13] https://www.getdor.com/how-it-works/

   McCool: and another example of smart thermostat
   ... named "Mysa"

   <McCool> [14]https://shop.getmysa.com/products/mysa-baseboard

     [14] https://shop.getmysa.com/products/mysa-baseboard

Next meeting

   McCool: please send to me if you have any ideas for the next
   meeting agenda

   Jennifer: smart city dashboard demo by Philip Tran?

   McCool: great instance for smart cities use case
   ... note that we'll cover both the smart city topic and the
   retail topic during this call since having either of them
   alternatively would be confusing

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/21 13:09:36 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 29 July 2020 04:38:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 29 July 2020 04:38:43 UTC