W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[online][PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 17 June 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 21:29:22 +0900
Message-ID: <87y2njfxst.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/06/17-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            PlugFest/Testing

17 Jun 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_06.17.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Ege_Korkan,
          Farshid_Tavakolizadeh, Andrea_Cimmino, Klaus_Hartke,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Miguel_Romero, Jennifer_Lin,
          David_Ezell, Tomoaki_Mizushima, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Michael_Koster, Daniel_Peintner,
          Michael_Lagally

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]PRs
         2. [5]LinkSmart updates
         3. [6]Nodegen population
         4. [7]LinkSmart updates - revisited
         5. [8]Nodegen population - revisited
         6. [9]TUM update
         7. [10]Communication
         8. [11]Oracle update
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     * [13]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

PRs

   [14]PRs

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pulls

   McCool: updates from Fujitsu

   [15]Fujitsu's PR

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/21

   Matsukura: provided two TDs
   ... basically same
   ... direct access and via proxy
   ... so the IP addresses are different with each other

   McCool: relative to the base address?

   Matsukura: yes

   Daniel: question on the IP addresses
   ... got a different one today from yesterday's one

   McCool: something changed?

   Toumura: didn't change myself

   McCool: we could use the specific hostname, e.g., jv.local
   ... to avoid possible changes with the IP addresses

   Ege: remember Panasonic had some trouble with the hostname
   usage

   McCool: a possibility is using static addresses...
   ... anyway, we can't assume DHCP-based addresses are stable

   (Fujitsu's PR 21 is merged)

   [16]PR 20

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/20

   McCool: modified the instructions

   [17]changes

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/20/files

   McCool: dis some more investigation as well
   ... about init.d setting
   ... crated a script for initial setting
   ... vpnbridge to be used as a daemon
   ... make sure for the VPN to assign TAP address a well
   ... it seems adding "sleep 10" would work, but this is not
   stable yet
   ... please make your contribution too
   ... please try this script and let me know
   ... note that my I/F is "eth1" for upstream, and "eth0" for
   downstream
   ... if you use wifi connection could be "wlan0"
   ... seems sometimes worky but sometimes not
   ... btw, Toumura-san, did you add any changes for the setting
   yesterday?
   ... e.g., rebooting the SoftEther server

   Toumura: no changes added

   McCool: ok
   ... anyway, please don't use this script asis but check the
   parameters before you use

   (PR 20 merged)

LinkSmart updates

   McCool: any news?

   Farshid: setup the server to get TDs from the wot-testing repo
   ... assuming that's ok since the resources are public

   McCool: the question is that some of the TDs are behind the
   local network
   ... also validation

   Farshid: yeah
   ... trying to update some of them since they didn't have unique
   IDs

   McCool: IDs are now optional for privacy purposes

   <FarshidT>
   [18]https://github.com/farshidtz/wot-testing-directory-sync/run
   s/780363992?check_suite_focus=true#step:6:35

     [18] https://github.com/farshidtz/wot-testing-directory-sync/runs/780363992?check_suite_focus=true#step:6:35

   Farshid: the above example doesn't have ID

   Kaz: at least for the PlugFest purposes, we should add IDs

   McCool: right
   ... on the other hand, what about the public purposes
   ... we could generate some ID automatically by some wrapper

   Lagally: all the DB problem on unique ID retrieval
   ... the point is in this kind of structure, we need some
   primary key

   McCool: the question is that the TD spec says ID is optional

   Kaz: should think about the two purposes, 1. PlugFest this week
   and 2. Spec updates after that, separately

   McCool: right

   Ege: we could have a DB and wrapper object too
   ... don't think IDs are mandate for PlugFest

   Farshid: IDs themselves are not necessary
   ... but this issue is something to be discussed in the future
   ... can generate an ID automatically on my side
   ... for validation, printing the status if any problems

   <McCool> [19]LinkSmart results

     [19] https://github.com/farshidtz/wot-testing-directory-sync/actions

   <FarshidT> populated directory:
   [20]https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td

     [20] https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td

Nodegen population

   McCool: for the PoC for retail
   ... any ideas nodegen population from directory

LinkSmart updates - revisited

   Kaz: before moving forward to the Nodegen population topic, we
   should record the possible issue/discussion on IDs as an
   outcome from the PlugFest, shouldn't we?

   McCool: yeah, let me generate a GitHub issue for that purpose

   <McCool> [21]Issue 22 on IDs

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/22

   Lagally: question about mechanism for LinkSmart
   ... query-based ID?

   Farshid: ID within the TDs

   Lagally: ok

   McCool: 2 issues there
   ... difference between globally-stable ID vs temporary one

Nodegen population - revisited

   McCool: someone working on that?

   Farshid: we can give it a try

   McCool: the purpose is retail PoC this time
   ... node from directory
   ... query against the directory service
   ... nodegen generates various nodes
   ... relatively small script to be used for the connection
   ... would like to volunteer myself but have long backlog queue
   ... if somebody could work on this, would be great
   ... anything else?

TUM update

   Ege: added information to the devices
   ... and wondering about mashups

   [22]PR 18 by TUM

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/18

   <FarshidT> Get the blue pump with the ID:
   [23]https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td/urn:com:blue:p
   ump:data

     [23] https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td/urn:com:blue:pump:data

   <FarshidT> Get the blue pump by title:
   [24]https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td?xpath=*[title=
   %27Blue%20Pump%27]

     [24] https://demo.linksmart.eu/thing-directory/td?xpath=*[title='Blue Pump']

   Kaz: is this PR 18 related to the hypermedia proposal?

   Ege: no
   ... this is a simulator

   McCool: let's look into TUM stuff

   [25]TDs by TUM

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.06.Online/TDs/TUM

   [26]CoAP version

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/TDs/TUM/CoAP_CoffeeMachine.jsonld

   McCool: have only one now
   ... and would be nicer to have more then one

   Ege: simulates the behavior
   ... can deploy numbers
   ... if you go to the README

   [27]README

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/TDs/TUM/README.md

   [28]list of TDs

     [28] http://129.187.45.174:8080/

   McCool: having more than one coffee machine would be good
   ... will let you think about that

   Ege: would make another PR for that

   McCool: go ahead and make/merge the PR :)

Communication

   McCool: seems slack would be better
   ... so let's use that

   [29]slack channel

     [29] https://app.slack.com/client/T0150LVGXGW/C01561VADQV/thread/C01561VADQV-1592300969.016800

Oracle update

   Lagally: btw, have just updated Oracle TDs and will merge it

   McCool: ok
   ... feel free to do so
   ... anything else?

   (none)

   McCool: let's continue tomorrow

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [30]scribe.perl version ([31]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/06/17 14:17:01 $

     [30] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 July 2020 12:28:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 July 2020 12:28:12 UTC