W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 10 June 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 21:20:48 +0900
Message-ID: <87365rhcrj.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/06/10-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            PlugFest/Testing

10 Jun 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_06.10.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Daniel_Peintner, Ege_Korkan, Farshid_Tavakolizadeh,
          Kaz_Ashimura, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Lagally,
          Michael_McCool, Ryuichi_Matsukura, Zoltan_Kis

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prev minutes
         2. [5]PRs
         3. [6]Settings
         4. [7]SoftEther
         5. [8]Logistics
         6. [9]Oracle's services
         7. [10]Implementations
     * [11]Summary of Action Items
     * [12]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

Prev minutes

   [13]June-3

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/03-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: (goes through the minutes)
   ... any objections to publish the minutes?

   (none)

   McCool: approved

PRs

   [14]Pullrequests

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pulls

   McCool: 2 PRs, one from Hitachi and another from Oracle

   [15]Hitachi

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/6

   McCool: going to merge this
   ... any objections?

   (none)

   McCool: merged

   [16]Oracle

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/pull/7

   Lagally: still working on README
   ... we have new credential here

   McCool: would merge this as well
   ... merged
   ... and then let's look at what we have now

   <inserted> [17]Current TD resources

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.06.Online/TDs

   McCool: who intends to join the plugfest this time?

   Daniel: planning to join

   McCool: useful for you to describe your prototype, e.g., about
   hypermedia control

   Daniel: can create a PR
   ... Victor is also working on resources

   McCool: adding a link to your MD is fine
   ... pick a hostname of the host machine would make sense
   ... and describe how the mDNS works, etc.

   <McCool>
   [18]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.
   06.Online/tools/ip.csv

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/ip.csv

Settings

   [19]setup

     [19] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/setup.md

   [20]IP settings

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/ip.csv

   McCool: IP settings above
   ... Daniel, do you have access to your directory?

   Daniel: yes

   McCool: please add your information to the ip.csv then

   Daniel: ok

   McCool: updates setup.md

SoftEther

   Matsukura: have been working with Toumura-san

   [21]VPN setup

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/vpn.md

   [22]Client setup

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/vpn_softetherclient.md

   McCool: the above is the client setting

   [23]IPsec setting

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/vpn_l2tp.md

   Matsukura: example for Windows

   [24]VPN bridge

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.06.Online/tools/vpn_softetherbridge.md

   McCool: bridge for Raspberry Pi, etc.?

   Matsukura: right

   McCool: great
   ... thank you for taking care of this
   ... all, please make sure update your TDs for the PlugFest by
   Monday
   ... would suggest if you want to get validation, please put
   "unvalidated" to your files

   Lagally: you can ignore the *.jsonld files under Oracle/DMs
   because they're not TDs

   McCool: btw, the file suffix for TDs should be ".jsonld"

   Lagally: btw, I'm making a Pullrequest for additional
   documentation
   ... including README :)

   McCool: merged
   ... now we have Hitachi, Intel and Oracle here
   ... still need others

   [25]Tools

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/tools/README.md

   McCool: need to fix the validation mechanism
   ... also was wondering about the scenarios

   [26]Scenarios

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.06.Online/scenarios

   McCool: currently just the one for "Retail - Icecream Sale"
   ... please put your ideas via PR

Logistics

   McCool: WebEx?

   Kaz: added to the wiki

   [27]f2f wiki

     [27] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd

   McCool: ok
   ... basically PlugFest is an open event
   ... so we can invite guests if needed

   Kaz: yes, so Ege made a tweet last week about PlugFest :)

   McCool: right
   ... the point is that the guest is not required to make
   commitment for the W3C Patent Policy

   Kaz: right
   ... and I want to repeat that people are encouraged to put
   their ideas, TDs, scenarios to the GitHub

   McCool: right

   Ege: what about the registration site?

   Kaz: people can get registered with the registration site

   [28]registration site

     [28] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/1/wot-f2f-202006/

   [29]Ege's Tweet

     [29] https://twitter.com/W3C_WoT/status/1268555399227195393

   Matsukura: regarding the VPN connection, please contact me if
   you need additional settings

   McCool: ok
   ... (adds a note on that note to the PlugFest agenda)
   ... could you please generate an account for the PlugFest
   attendees?
   ... probably it would be OK to use a specific account for all
   the participants
   ... e.g., an account of "wotpf" and a password (to be shared on
   the member-wot-wg list)

   Farshid: can also create an account with a password, and share
   it with you

   McCool: good

   Kaz: the credential information should be sent to the
   member-wot-ig, member-wot-wg and member-wot-guests lists
   ... all of them are Member-only

   Lagally: regarding the Oracle service, please contact me
   separately

   McCool: yeah, if some of us don't feel comfortable to share
   your credential on the mailinglists, please send it separately
   and privately

Oracle's services

   Lagally: blue pump, simulator, gateway, HVAC, etc.
   ... (shows the animation, graphs, etc.)
   ... simulated pressure, etc.
   ... can be triggered by the user interface or the sensors
   ... properties on the right side
   ... (shows the video of the pump)
   ... you can open the valve
   ... and see the results
   ... (shows the HVAC)
   ... simulate the condition
   ... safety switch, as well
   ... also easy way to create devices like LED
   ... increase/decrease brightness
   ... (shows Digital Twin)
   ... we have TDs for those services

   [30]Oracle's simulated devices

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.06.Online/TDs/Oracle

Implementations

   McCool: implementations to be captured by the CSV files
   ... let's continue the discussion on Monday, June 15

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [31]scribe.perl version ([32]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/06/15 11:38:45 $

     [31] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [32] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 July 2020 12:19:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 July 2020 12:19:37 UTC