W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 8 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 09:42:41 +0900
Message-ID: <87ft9sguim.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/08-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael McCool!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

08 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#8_July_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Ege_Korkan, Dave_Raggett,
          Cristiano_Aguzzi, Michael_Lagally, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Tetsushi_Matsuda

   Regrets
          Zoltan_Kis

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          McCool, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]guests
         2. [5]review minutes
         3. [6]minutes from F2f
         4. [7]testing call cancelled
         5. [8]new TD slot
         6. [9]New W3C process and patent policy
         7. [10]CoAP RDF discussion
         8. [11]MEIG, web transport and codecs
         9. [12]ITU-T update
        10. [13]F2F followup
        11. [14]TPAC and next F2F
        12. [15]pune F2F
        13. [16]Marketing
        14. [17]github cleanup
        15. [18]TF reports
        16. [19]AoB?
     * [20]Summary of Action Items
     * [21]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: McCool

   <scribe> agenda:
   [22]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#8_July_2020

     [22] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#8_July_2020

guests

   no guests today

review minutes

   June 10 - review minutes

   <kaz> [23]June-10

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/10-wot-minutes.html

   Ege: would like to add to the agenda about cleanup in the wot
   repo

   Sebastian: summarizes/reviews June 10 minutes

   any objections to publishing the June 10 minutes?

   (no objections)

   Sebastian: will be published

   June 17 minutes

   <kaz> [24]June-17

     [24] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/17-wot-minutes.html

   Sebastian: reviews/summarizes June 17 minutes

   any objections to publishing the June 17 minutes?

   (no objections)

   Sebastian: will be published

   July 1 minutes

   <kaz> [25]July 1

     [25] https://www.w3.org/2020/07/01-wot-minutes.html

   summary, cancelled marketing, had marketing discussion during
   the main call

   and also set up the doodle for the new TD call

   (any objections?)

   (no objections)

   Sebastian: will be published

minutes from F2f

   <kaz> [26]vF2F

     [26] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/22-26-wot-vf2f-minutes.html

   not going to review or ask for a decision now, but please
   review

   McCool: I suggest that each TF review their own sessions

   Sebastian: if there are any comments, let us know, we will
   finalize next week

   McCool: security, discovery, and PoC TF have already reviewed
   their sessions

testing call cancelled

new TD slot

   doodle poll ongoing, issues with Friday meeting

   [27]https://doodle.com/poll/eeydfxm7mq7cpih3

     [27] https://doodle.com/poll/eeydfxm7mq7cpih3

   will make final decision in TD call this Friday

   but at the moment, the 2h slot on Wednesday looks good

   [28]EDT 10am-noon in your timezone

     [28] https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=WoT+TD+Task+Force+Call&iso=20200715T10&p1=43&ah=2

   please check the above, and please vote on the doodle poll if
   you have not already

   Ege: note that it was updated since it was first posted

   Sebastian: note that if we go with Wed, then we have a 2h slot,
   so we can combine the TD and binding templates

   Lagally: I can only make one of these slots, so we should
   consider splitting

   Sebastian: we do need a 2h slot even just for TD; the bindings
   are less than 1h usually

   McCool: note that the only two conflict-free slots are the ones
   on Wed
   ... and they happen to be adjacent

   Ege: I have some conflicts on the Wed but can make it work

   McCool: I have conflicts too in the proposed time but can make
   it work most weeks

New W3C process and patent policy

   [29]Call for AC review (Member-only)

     [29] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2020JulSep/0003.html

   Sebastian: AC reps were supposed to review, there is a final
   vote
   ... deadline is August

   Kaz: biggest change is applying process and patent policy to
   new evergreen mechanism
   ... there are many changes... not since May, but from the
   previous version

CoAP RDF discussion

   <sebastian> [30]summary of the resolution

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-binding-templates/issues/97

   Sebastian: new meeting kickoff this week
   ... need to decide where to put this new work, eg in a new repo
   or in the existing one
   ... and we need to coordinate with the IETF
   ... and we need an official OK, seb to contact Carsten Bormann
   ... decided to keep the work in the binding templates repo, at
   least for now
   ... also, Klaus Hartke from Ericsson will coordinate and lead
   this work
   ... note that this was a one-time meeting, not a recurrence
   ... followup will be in the binding templates call

   Kaz: we definitely need to handle this topic carefully via
   liaison with IETF, I will coordinate with the W3C liaison team

   Sebastian: agree; don't expect any problems, but need to do
   things properly

MEIG, web transport and codecs

   <kaz> [31]MEIG minutes

     [31] https://www.w3.org/2020/07/07-me-minutes.html

   Kaz: discussion of proposed codecs and web transport
   ... want to integrate all existing codecs

   McCool: does it overlap with what Mozilla was interested in or
   not, i.e. is it just media streams, or also eventing?

   Kaz: mostly just media
   ... may invite them to a future call to discuss. also asking
   them for input to the WoT use cases

ITU-T update

   Sebastian: interested in starting a liaison, but waiting for
   ITU-T to make a decision

F2F followup

   Sebastian: slides are all at
   [32]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS
   ... they are also linked on the agenda page of the wiki page

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

   Lagally: want to mention I uploaded a summary presentation that
   we did not have time to go through

   <sebastian>
   [33]https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-0
   6-online-f2f/2020-06-26-Architecture-Use%20Cases-Wrapup-Lagally
   .pdf

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-online-f2f/2020-06-26-Architecture-Use Cases-Wrapup-Lagally.pdf

   McCool: there are a few other presentations in the archive we
   did not get to... please add links and an explanation to the
   README

TPAC and next F2F

   [34]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020

     [34] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020

   this will be a little different since it will be a virtual TPAC

   however we have been asked to "self-organize"

   the wiki above also collects the joint meetings we want

   the main thing we have to do now is pick a time

   McCool: note we also need to avoid the MEIG F2F schedule in
   particular due to kaz's conflict

   Lagally: I think we also should look at accessiblity WG joint
   call

   Sebastian: considering dates, there are two possible weeks: Oct
   5-9 or Oct 19-23

   <kaz> s/accessibility WG/Accessibility Platform Architectures
   WG/

   McCool: I also suggest we wait to schedule the plugfest only
   after we see what the rest of the schedule looks like
   ... I suggest we do a doodle poll with all ten days, so we can
   see all our options

   Kaz: I will also talk with the MEIG chairs

pune F2F

   Sebastian: not sure we will able to have physical meetings yet,
   but no rush, will wait

Marketing

   Sebastian: main thing is the explainer video, we have some
   inputs on changes to the script we need to review
   ... and also some inputs on the web page

github cleanup

   Ege: the W3C wot repo has a lot of github issues...
   ... would like the rights to add labels and the ability to
   close issues
   ... but there are some useful but old issues, some still active
   ... of these should be moved to repos that they relate to, eg.
   Scripting

   McCool: I have no problem giving those rights

   <kaz> kaz: have just added Ege to the wotig-editors group so
   that he can add labels

TF reports

   Cristiano: scripting ... we took a break, next Monday we will
   resume

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: security ... a lot to do including diagrams on OAuth2
   flows
   ... discovery ... created a PR to outline the index.html draft
   ... push on that next week
   ... PoC ... went through the geolocation updates
   ... walked through with the input from Govtech
   ... looked at the geolocation.md use case file as well
   ... testing cancelled

   <inserted> scribenick: McCool

   Sebastian: marketing was in main call last week, talked about
   animation and web pages

   Lagally: architecture was cancelled last week, but would like
   to share a summary of the prioritization
   ... please read when you have more time

   <kaz> [35]summary slides

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-online-f2f/2020-06-26-Architecture-Use Cases-Wrapup-Lagally.pdf

   Lagally: will discuss a roadmap tomorrow

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: regarding the roadmap, we need to regenerate an updated
   timeline

   [36]updated schedule section on the main WoT wiki

     [36] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#Proposed_Updated_Schedule

   Sebastian: yes, we now have to update the schedule
   ... TF leaders should discuss it during their TF calls

   McCool: note that please don't edit the "current" schedule, but
   update the "proposed updated schedule" section

   Sebastian: TD call cancelled last week
   ... the question is that we need to change the slot
   ... continue the discussion on TDT, etc.

AoB?

   Kaz: regarding the use case assign table Lagally mentioned,
   I've started to talk with the MEIG chairs for the media-related
   use cases and the Agriculture CG chair for the
   agriculture-related use cases

   <cris_>
   [37]https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=arces-w
   ot.td-code

     [37] https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=arces-wot.td-code

   Cristiano: FYI, TD editing tool above

   Sebastian: Kaz's talk on the Project Management updates is
   deferred to the next call

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [38]scribe.perl version ([39]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/08 13:50:42 $

     [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [39] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 July 2020 00:41:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 July 2020 00:41:30 UTC