W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 1 July 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 22:56:55 +0900
Message-ID: <87sge2ds9k.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/07/01-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

01 Jul 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#1_July_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Michael_Lagally, Tetsushi_Matsuda,
          David_Ezell, Ege_Korkan, dezell

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          kaz, McCool

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     * [5]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   McCool: goes through the agenda
   ... compiled minutes from the vF2F sent out by Kaz

   [6]compiled minutes from the vF2F on June 22-26

      [6] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/22-26-wot-vf2f-minutes.html

   McCool: regarding quick updates
   ... ITU-T liaison, WISHI call on June 30...
   ... new doodle for kickoff meeting on CoAP RDF

   [7]new doodle

      [7] https://doodle.com/poll/6irgrpdn7r9h87n4

   McCool: WoT project tracking page needed
   ... any other F2F followup?

   Lagally: wondering about the marketing discussion

   McCool: do we want to hold a marketing call tomorrow?

   Lagally: some comments for the new Web page

   McCool: anything else?

   Kaz: project management update?

   [8]project management update slides

      [8] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-online-f2f/2020-06-26-Project-Management-Kaz.pdf

   McCool: ok
   ... adds that to the future agenda
   ... regarding the TPAC meeting, should work with the W3M?

   Kaz: yes
   ... and I thought there was some feedback from the Event
   Management Team

   McCool: ok
   ... will see that
   ... regarding Marketing
   ... wanted to make decision on the informational video
   ... also Lagally wants to have discussion on the Welcome page

   Sebastian: Daniel is on vacation but Lagally has created an
   issue?

   McCool: on the wot-marketing repo?

   Lagally: yes

   [9]Issue 71

      [9] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/71

   ml's point:

   

   The new landing pages and the old home page have overlapping
   information and cause confusion.

   The contents of the old home page contains outdated information
   and should be archived.

   We should merge all content that is still relevant with the new
   pages and provide it there.

   ]]

   McCool: maybe would be better to have a schedule page?

   Sebastian: would make sense to have a link to the Welcome page?

   Lagally: all the TFs should be visible at the same level at a
   glance

   <mlagally> [10]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/70

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/70

   Lagally: and another issue above

   McCool: adds links to issue 71 and 70

   Kaz: can generate a calendar table for WoT calls
   ... let's talk about that possibility as well

   Sebastian: regarding the explanation animation video
   ... we're contacting an animation company
   ... they've given us a sample video
   ... would like to make an initial decision

   McCool: should generate a poll?

   Sebastian: they've provided 3 kinds of examples

   McCool: do you have a link about that?

   Sebastian: yeah
   ... but you need to download the resource

   Kaz: maybe you should send the resource to the Member list
   ... and McCool can put the URL on the wiki (with a note
   "Member-only")

   McCool: it takes a while to download the video...

   Kaz: Sebastian, you can send it to the group
   ... if needed, I can create a WBS to collect people's opinions
   as well

   McCool: should ask the MarComm Team for opinion as well

   Lagally: we don't want to look in to the deep technical details
   here

   <McCool> explainer script
   [11]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/material

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/tree/master/material

   Lagally: but should think about who the audience is
   ... it depends on who the audience is

   McCool: shows the winegrower slides

   Lagally: not for technology specific people

   McCool: yea, this is the scripts for the animation

   <McCool>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/w
   ot_explainer_script.pdf

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/wot_explainer_script.pdf

   Sebastian: this would be a good entry point about why we need
   WoT
   ... just open the door for various people in general
   ... should not be too technical
   ... key statements for people

   Lagally: ok

   <inserted> scribenick: McCool

   Lagally: want to make sure we use images that target
   professionals, not hobbyists

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: wondering about what to review for what

   McCool: the script slides for the content
   ... and the sample video for the style

   Kaz: ok

   McCool: note that they would charge for changes
   ... so would be better for us to capture what we want at the
   early stage
   ... now wondering how to capture our opinions

   Sebastian: Christian generated the scripts using some tool

   Ege: can ask him to extract the slides

   McCool: going to create a new file to capture the points
   ... (as an MD file on the wot-marketing repo)
   ... that could be a master file

   Kaz: +1

   <McCool>
   [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/w
   ot_explainer_notes.md

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/blob/master/material/wot_explainer_notes.md

   McCool: will fill in the rest of the slides
   ... and people can make comments suing GH issues

   Lagally: ok

   Kaz: maybe we can extract each page including both the picture
   and text, and paste the extracted image to the MD file

   McCool: yes, that's my intention
   ... regarding the marketing calls?

   Sebastian: cancel the marketing call tomorrow on July 2

   McCool: what about TD on July 3?

   Sebastian: cancel it too

   McCool: regarding the new slot for the TD call?
   ... generated a new doodle to pick a better slot

   [14]doodle for new TD slot

     [14] https://doodle.com/poll/eeydfxm7mq7cpih3

   McCool: we just have Tuesday if we want to have a 2-hour slot
   ... asking people to respond until the end of next week is the
   plan

   Sebastian: yes
   ... would like to see if there could be a consensus on the
   proposed slot
   ... if there is no good slot, maybe we need to extend the
   candidate slots
   ... maybe we could include the current TD slot

   Ege: would be better to have a continuous 2-hour slot
   ... difficult to split the call into 2 one-hour calls

   McCool: can understand the situation

   Kaz: we understand the need
   ... and would see if Tuesday would work
   ... if not, as Sebastian mentioned, probably we need to add
   some more candidate slots

   McCool: how about adding some more possible slots?

   Kaz: can add a bit later slots and very early (=morning JST)
   slots

   McCool: aob?

   Lagally: it was a great vF2F meeting last week :)

   McCool: indeed

   Kaz: so let's celebrate it with an online beer party ;)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [15]scribe.perl version ([16]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/07/01 13:20:56 $

     [15] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [16] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 8 July 2020 13:55:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Wednesday, 8 July 2020 13:55:49 UTC