W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > July 2020

[wot-poc] minutes - 9 June 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 22:31:48 +0900
Message-ID: <87h7ujfo3f.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/06/09-wot-poc-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the notes, Jennifer!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                WoT PoC

09 Jun 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PoC_WebConf#9_June_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Jennifer_Lin, Daniel_Peintner,
          Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_McCool,
          Farshid_Travakolizadeh, Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          jennifer, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Review minutes
         2. [5]Talk archival
         3. [6]F2F Planning
         4. [7]Retail PoC
         5. [8]Schedule
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: jennifer

Review minutes

   McCool: Reviewing minutes from last time.

   <kaz> [11]June-2

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/06/02-wot-poc-minutes.html

   <inserted> (minutes approved)

Talk archival

   McCool: Talking about the talk archival

   <kaz> scribenick: kaz

   <Zakim> dape, you wanted to move talks/presenations to
   marketing repo?

   Daniel: wondering if we want to to move the resources on
   talks/presentations to the wot-marketing repo

   <jennifer>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/PRESENTATIONS

   Kaz: do we want to make a resolution about that here? or maybe
   during the next marketing call on Thursday?

   McCool: yeah, that's a marketing topic
   ... let's talk about the ACIOA talk now

   [13]ACIOA talk

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-03-ACIOA-Smart-Cities.pdf

F2F Planning

   [14]Smart City PoC slides

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot/blob/master/PRESENTATIONS/2020-06-08-PoCs-McCool.pdf

   McCool: plan A is updating the above slides on Smart City with
   the results of PlugFest
   ... and plan B is using them as is

   Jennifer: think I have some more slides to be added
   ... possibly centralized approach vs distributed approached, or
   combination

   McCool: Daniel, any ideas?

   scribenick: jennifer

   Daniel: Trying to find a good solution on how to manage actions

   scribenick: kaz

   [15]TD Issue 899

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/899

   McCool: (adds some comments to the issue)
   ... (mentioning potential security concerns)

   <inserted> [16]McCool's comment to Issue 899

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/899#issuecomment-641256001

   scribenick: jennifer

   Daniel: The downside of having static TDs is that you cannot
   know what actions are currently running

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: we need to clarify concrete use case scenario and
   requirements for this topic

   [17]June virtual f2f agenda

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2020_2nd#WoT_F2F_Agenda

   Jennifer: btw, should we talk about the topics on prototyping
   during the PlugFest calls? Or OK to talk about them here during
   the PoC calls?
   ... e.g., Python implementations and Geolocation services
   ... we could get geolocation information using Web APIs via Web
   browsers

   McCool: (adding those topics as "special topics (future)" to
   the agenda of this PoC call)
   ... Python support for WoT
   ... Geolocation - Fugu?

   Kaz: basically, you can bring any kind of your work to this PoC
   call
   ... and if you're interested in bringing some of the ideas and
   implementations to the PlugFest, you can do so

   McCool: (adds a note on python support: for robotics ues cases
   and AI use cases)
   ... regarding Geolocation
   ... beyond GPS - indoor use cases
   ... wifi triangulation, SLAM, etc.

   Kaz: we need to consider the level of "geolocation
   information", outside, inside of a building, within a room,
   etc.

   McCool: right

   Jennifer: well take a look

Retail PoC

   McCool: would like to include LinkSmart approach
   ... any update on the cloud instance?

   Farshid: some minor update but no major changes
   ... can easily enable the access for you all

   McCool: ok
   ... you could accept several passwords. right?

   Farshid: yes
   ... can keep the credential information on a page

   McCool: can you post the account/password to the WoT Members
   list?

   Farshid: (mentions how to handle the tokens)

   McCool: think directory is a good use case for dynamic APIs
   ... we need to look into the Open API spec
   ... as part of the dynamic API proposal

   Daniel: yes

Schedule

   McCool: cancelled for June 16, 23 and 30
   ... next meeting will be July 7 for Smart City
   ... any idea for that meeting?
   ... use case review
   ... geolocation

   Jennifer: we'll figure out what the best way to manage the
   data, centralized or not

   McCool: several issues here
   ... campus use case, spatial queries
   ... static geolocation information within TD
   ... and possibly spatial query via the directory
   ... also how to handle tokens for security
   ... LinksSmart implementation supports several possible flows

   Jennifer: good points about geolocation information

   McCool: let's continue the discussion during the next call on
   July 7
   ... (adds some more points to the agenda)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([19]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/06/15 05:24:13 $

     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 7 July 2020 13:30:41 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 7 July 2020 13:30:42 UTC