W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > August 2020

[PlugFest/Testing] minutes - 12 August 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 18:14:46 +0900
Message-ID: <87d03kwebd.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/08/12-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks,

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            PlugFest/Testing

12 Aug 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/PlugFest_WebConf#Agenda_08.12.2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, Michael_Koster

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Prev minutes
         2. [5]Logistics
         3. [6]AOB
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     * [8]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Prev minutes

   [9]Aug-5

      [9] https://www.w3.org/2020/08/05-wot-pf-minutes.html

   McCool: any objections?

   (no objections and approved)

Logistics

   [10]wiki

     [10] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online

   McCool: wondering about volunteers

   Toumura: I can help

   McCool: starting with copying the content from "2020.06.Online"
   area to "2020.09.Online"
   ... can remove unnecessarily things later

   Toumura: VPN still available for the next PlugFest?

   (kaz believes it's still available)

   McCool: why don't we create a TODO list here

   [11]README.md for 020.09.Online PlugFest

     [11] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/blob/master/events/2020.09.Online/README.md

   McCool: (add topics to the TODO list)
   ... establish directory/README structure in repo for event
   ... test VPN - server/client... define scenarios, etc.
   ... requirements
   ... services, e.g., directory instances
   ... (and then adds assignment)
   ... Koster, anything needed from your viewpoint?

   Kaz: compatibility with OneDM?

   Koster: now we have a new Charter with new deliverables to be
   checked

   McCool: maybe semantic query?
   ... would like to organize a table of target devices/apps
   ... and some particular scenario
   ... organization structure with OneDM would be also nice

   Koster: fragments and templates, etc.

   McCool: maybe we have some simple way for retrieving the
   directory

   Koster: query would return some fragment TD

   McCool: LinkSmart does that already
   ... possibly can get some ID and then get actual TD later

   Koster: wondering about complex query using SPARQL

   McCool: we're discussing SPARQL during the discovery call on
   Monday
   ... probably could get some implementation by TPAC

   Koster: semantics would be related to query languages

   McCool: would have some concrete scenario

   Koster: possibly some user-oriented scenario there

   McCool: let's define some scenario using the GitHub issue

   Koster: which repo?

   McCool: wot-testing

   <McCool_> [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues

   McCool: let's define scenarios here

   Koster: want to talk about the idea of selecting data for
   automation, etc.

   <McCool_> [13]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

     [13] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

   [14]issue 47 - OneDM scenario

     [14] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

   McCool: how do we get annotation in TD on directory?
   ... discover the directory service, and then query the TD

   Koster: to make it easy to participate in PlugFests
   ... make it easy to annotate TDs
   ... having NodeRED also makes it easy to handle TDs
   ... we have another idea of "profile" to get interoperability
   easily too

   McCool: that's true
   ... (adds notes to the TODO list)
   ... there are two ways to use NodeRED
   ... possibly could have queries which can by applied to not one
   specific TD but to several TDs
   ... (then update the Services section on the README.md)
   ... LinkSmart directory instances (local, global)
   ... possibly proxy services as well

   Koster: would be interested in profiles

   McCool: (adds some more possible services)
   ... Gateways (protocol translators)
   ... Metadata translators
   ... Discoverers (e.g., read GitHub, register TDs with
   directory)
   ... Tools (validation, report generator)

   <McCool_> [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/issues/47

   [16]updated "To Do" section

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-testing/tree/master/events/2020.09.Online#user-content-to-do

AOB

   Kaz: quick update on the report generator
   ... PLH is interested in the tool and would like to know about
   the detail

   McCool: can summarize the prototype for that purpose

   Kaz: tx

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version ([18]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/08/17 07:55:03 $

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 21 August 2020 09:14:53 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 21 August 2020 09:14:53 UTC