W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-marketing] 26 March 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 02:24:55 +0900
Message-ID: <878siv9wd4.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/03/26-wot-marketing-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael McCool and Coralie!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT Marketing

26 Mar 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Marketing_WebConf#Mar_26.2C_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Coralie, Kaz_Ashimura, Coralie_Mercier, Ege_Korkan,
          Alan_Bird, Michael_McCool, Taki_Kamiya,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Daniel_Peintner, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima, David_Ezell

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian, McCool

   Scribe
          McCool, Kaz, Coralie

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Press release
         3. [6]Twitter
         4. [7]Wikipedia
         5. [8]Previous minutes
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Agenda

   <inserted> scribenick: McCool

   Sebastian: reviews agenda

   Taki: I have a PR as well that has been there for three weeks

   Sebastian: ok

   Coralie: has anyone talked to mozilla about a testimonial, eg
   David Baron

   McCool: yes, but it was a while ago, and they would not have
   seen the latest draft
   ... so we should ask again, and share the draft press release

   McCool: also, I asked Singapore but need to check back with
   them; will do so

   Kaz: we also need to approve prev minutes

   <kaz>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/2020/03/12-wot-marketing-minutes.html

     [11] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/12-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   <kaz>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/2020/03/19-wot-marketing-minutes.html

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/19-wot-marketing-minutes.html

Press release

   <koalie> [13]draft press release: Solution for IoT
   Interoperability - W3C Web of Things (WoT)

     [13] https://www.w3.org/comm/assets/staging/press-releases/pressrelease-wot-rec.html.en

   <koalie> [14]Previous proposed press release

     [14] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/pressrelease-wot-rec.html

   <Alan> [to be clear, Coralie is the final decision in my mind}

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: has created a PR based on Alan's update:
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/46

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/46

   scribenick: McCool_

   McCool: (my comments, of which I typed many, were getting
   dropped by irc)
   ... (switching to McCool_ which seems to be working)

   Sebastian: my proposal is that everyone needs a chance to talk
   to management and comment on latest draft
   ... let's aim to finalize April 2
   ... and then April 7 for release

   Coralie: suggest April 9, need to do translations, and send
   Members the draft and request additional Testimonials

   Sebastian: ok
   ... shall we do a resolution?

   proposal: aim to finalize draft April 2, release April 9

   Sebastian: a deadline will also put some pressure on
   testimonial providers... we should recontact the ones that are
   still on the s table

   McCool: I will also update Singapore and Mozilla

   Coralie: please give me until EOD to make some more changes

   Sebastian: will also merge PR from kaz that reflects changes
   from coralie and alan
   ... any objections?
   ... hearing none, merging

   <kaz> merged: [16]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/46

     [16] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/46

   Sebastian: let's also look at other PRs, eg from taki

   <kaz> [17]PR 44

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/44

   Taki: not sure how much the draft has changed... but the para I
   was editing still seems to be there
   ... my PR was on the first sentence; mention cost reductions
   ... but also want to mention avoiding risk of lockin, etc

   <kaz> [18]Changes

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/44/files

   Taki: some readers may thinking sticking with one ecosystem is
   safe...
   ... so want to point out that raises the risk of missing out on
   new innovations

   Sebastian: I am ok with adding these aspects

   McCool: coralie and alan's opinion?

   Coralie: yes, it is good

   McCool: I agree also

   Alan: defer to coralie

   Sebastian: any objection to merge from group?
   ... (no objections heard)
   ... I think this also makes sense
   ... propose that we integrate, but would ask taki to quickly
   fix the issue

   Kaz: or create an updated pull request

   McCool: but let's agree now that we will merge it as soon as
   taki fixes it

   Sebastian: (types comment on decision to merge in PR)
   ... one other thing: quote from W3M; what is the timeframe for
   that?

   Alan: jeff willing to provide a quote, but wanted to see final
   version
   ... and in particular wanted to see if there were other things
   with higher weight, eg Singapore
   ... if that happens, maybe put jeff's quote down at the bottom
   under "future work"
   ... I will work with Coralie and Jeff

   proposal: aim to finalize draft April 2, release April 9
   ... aim to finalize draft April 2, release April 9; seek
   further testimonials
   ... aim to finalize draft April 2, release April 9; seek
   further testimonials and W3M quote
   ... aim to finalize press release draft April 2, release April
   9; seek further testimonials and W3M quote

   RESOLUTION: aim to finalize press release draft April 2,
   release April 9; seek further testimonials and W3M quote

   Coralie: I will also look at "typo-fix" PR and apply them in my
   new updates

   <koalie> [Alan Bird departs]

Twitter

   scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: guidelines for following other people on Twitter?

   Coralie: tx for asking
   ... basically, my answer is you can do whatever you want
   ... it's your choice to decide who to follow

   Sebastian: ok

   Coralie: good to follow those who follow you, though

   Sebastian: tx for your help

   Coralie: let me know if any further problems

   Sebastian: any other questions?

   (none)

Wikipedia

   Ege: had no time to work on this
   ... some people from W3C had been working on Wikipedia articles
   ... got responses from the Wikipedia reviewers

   Coralie: the Comm Team have given up to work on Wikipedia
   articles as they're rejected because we may not be objective
   enough. I recommend you get someone else to do the edits.
   ... we also got responses from the reviewers due to our
   Conflict of Interest (CoI)

   <Mizushima>
   [19]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

     [19] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:Thing_Description

   McCool: we have two entries, WoT and TD
   ... why don't we merge them?

   Ege: possible

   McCool: let's find somebody else who could work on this
   ... from non-participants
   ... not ideal solution, though

   Sebastian: need to clean up the content, etc.?

   <Mizushima> [20]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_Things

     [20] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_Things

   Daniel: we need to find a right person as the Editor of the
   article

   McCool: we have CoI
   ... should find a third party Editor

   scribenick: koalie

   Kaz: I talked to Manu about the jsonld article
   ... he confirmed he asked someone else to feed it

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: if we want, I can contact that person

   Sebastian: Ege, can you add a sentence on TD to the JSON-LD
   article
   ... TD as an example of JSON-LD
   ... also provide a reference about the standard

   <Mizushima> [21]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON-LD

     [21] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSON-LD

   Kaz: shall I contact the guy suggested by Manu?

   Sebastian: yes, definitely
   ... please ask that person about the latest Wikipedia
   guidelines/hits, etc.

   Kaz: ok
   ... will do

   <koalie> [Coralie departs]

Previous minutes

   [22]Mar-12 minutes

     [22] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/12-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: (goes through the Mar-12 minutes)

   Taki: talked with the IETF contact on Link Smart
   ... can forward the information to you again

   Sebastian: (adds the topic to the agenda for April 2)
   ... any objections to approve them?

   (none)

   Sebastian: approved!

   [23]Mar-19 minutes

     [23] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/19-wot-marketing-minutes.html

   Sebastian: next Mar-19 minutes
   ... (goes through the Mar-19 minutes)
   ... note that ICWE conf will be held as a virtual conf
   ... would like to submit some paper for its workshop on "WoT
   for Humans"
   ... any objections to approve these minutes?

   (none)

   Sebastian: approved!
   ... any other business for today?

   (none)

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [24]aim to finalize press release draft April 2, release
       April 9; seek further testimonials and W3M quote

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [25]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([26]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/16 17:20:57 $

     [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 16 April 2020 17:24:52 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 16 April 2020 17:24:53 UTC