W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2020

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 25 March 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2020 17:47:47 +0900
Message-ID: <87o8s61fpo.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-ig@w3.org, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/03/25-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Dave!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

25 Mar 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#25_Mar_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Dave_Raggett, Ege_Korkan,
          Michael_Lagally, Kunihiko_Toumura, Sebastian_Kaebisch,
          Daniel_Peintner, Takahisa_Suzuki, Michael_Koster,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tomoaki_Mizushima, David_Ezell,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool, Sebastian

   Scribe
          dsr

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Review minutes
         3. [6]Quick updates
         4. [7]REC transition
         5. [8]Press Release
         6. [9]Face to Face planning
               o [10]Helsinki F2F
               o [11]Online meeting setup
         7. [12]node-wot
         8. [13]Scripting TF report
         9. [14]Security TF
        10. [15]Architecture TF
        11. [16]AoB?
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     * [18]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dsr

Agenda

   Michael summarises today's agenda

   <kaz> [19]agenda

     [19] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#25_Mar_2020

Review minutes

   <kaz> [20]Mar-11 minutes

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2020/03/11-wot-minutes.html

   Michael seeks approval of the minutes for last week's meetings?
   [no objections]

   <kaz> (minutes approved)

   Michael asks each task force to review the minutes from their
   session at the virtual face to face.

   <inserted> [21]Links for virtual f2f minutes

     [21] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#25_Mar_2020

   The links are in today's agenda

Quick updates

   Europe will be getting up a hour earlier from this weekend.

   We had a meeting in respect to the Singapore Govtech Proof of
   concept/testbed

   Michael wrote up a use case on monitoring

   Hope to add a fleet management use case soon

   Michael is also working on Conexxus Retail/EdgeX proof of
   concept and testbed and hopes to report more details in a
   couple of weeks

   This will involve bridging OpenAPI and Web of Things

   We should think about how to track such work

REC transition

   Kaz: We got confirmation from the AC Review commenter about how
   we propose to handle their comments

   Kaz: We're now waiting for formal approval to publish the RECs
   on April 2 or perhaps 7th or 9th
   ... All the diffs were checked in the Architecture and TD task
   force calls

   Michael: some code highlighting issues that are tricky to deal
   with, but we're nearly there

   <inserted> Kaz: we can talk about the example code highlighting
   issue during the TD call on 27th

   Lagally: we should sync the RECs and press release

Press Release

   McCool: I've sent an email to Alan Bird and hope we can
   finalise the press release in tomorrow's marketing task force
   call

   <McCool> [22]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/41

     [22] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/41

   <McCool> [23]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/40

     [23] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/issues/40

   <McCool> [24]https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/44

     [24] https://github.com/w3c/wot-marketing/pull/44

   Taki: I've provided a pull request in respect to one issue for
   the press release

   McCool: I am expecting to hear back from Alan

   <kaz> [25]latest draft

     [25] https://w3c.github.io/wot-marketing/pressrelease-wot-rec.html

   McCool: I will figure out how to merge the input from Alan and
   Taki
   ... can we hold off the publication of the RECs until we get
   the press release ready?

   Kaz: yes we can
   ... I already noted this to Ralph Swick

   McCool: hope to include quote from Singapore

Face to Face planning

* Helsinki F2F

   <kaz> [26]Helsinki f2f wiki

     [26] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_6-11_June_2020,_Helsinki

   McCool: it seems increasingly likely that the Helsinki F2F in
   June will need to become a virtual face to face
   ... I have a preference to using WebEx over Zoom
   ... Promising VPN for the virtual plugfest, but we need to
   decide who can host the VPN

   Koster: I can set something up right away

   McCool: our aim is to emulate a local LAN

   Koster: it will involve HTTPS

   McCool: people may need a local box (Raspberry PI?)
   ... as a bridge

   Sebastian: most likely that we will have another virtual F2F in
   June, and we should consider the timing.
   ... Last week was fine for people in Europe, but not for
   America and Asia, we should switch that for June

   McCool: we only have a 3 hour window that works for everyone

   <kaz> +1

   Koster: what about breaking the meeting up into smaller
   sessions?

   McCool: what I am concerned about is the need for everyone to
   attend every session if this is to be like a face to face
   ... I will organised a doodle and see what works best for
   everyone

   <kaz> +1

   McCool: please do use the "can make if needed" option as
   appropriate

   Lagally: would it make sense to have a binding templates
   session at the June VF2F?

   McCool: getting input from actual experience would be very
   useful
   ... we will need to alter how we approach a virtual plugfest -
   I recommend we jointly meet one hour a day and people then
   fix/update their stuff during the rest of the time
   ... suggest putting in estimates for session for time needed
   and priority
   ... each task force should identify the topics they want to
   discuss at the virtual F2F
   ... there is discussion around whether TPAC should be virtual
   in October!
   ... open to suggestion for other meeting tools than WebEx

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to suggest we put initial ideas to the
   f2f wiki

   <McCool> [27]https://github.com/w3c/Guide/issues/78

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/Guide/issues/78

   Kaz: all task force leaders are encouraged to add to the F2F
   wiki, right?

   McCool: yes

   Kaz: we thus need to add the structure to the wiki page
   accordingly

* Online meeting setup

   McCool: Ralph posted on the chairs list some questions relating
   to evaluation of different solutions for teleconferencing

   Ege mentions one problem with WebEx

   Ege: WebEx doesn't support a native linux app

   McCool: we also want to be able to share screens not just
   windows

   Ege: Zoom is pretty good in that regards

   Dave: re audio quality, GoTo Meeting on macs - you only get
   sound from right speaker which is annoying

node-wot

   McCool: Discussion on missing features, improving
   documentation, etc.
   ... we need to spend time improving node-wot and its testing
   ... suggestion for a user meeting on node-wot

   Sebastian: biggest concern is lack of contributors to node-wot,
   seeking others to help

   McCool: I definitely agree. I am looking for support from
   within Intel
   ... perhaps we should set up a W3C Community Group for
   node-wot?

   Sebastian: node-wot is already part of teh Eclipse community,
   but we should have more contributors from the WoT IG/WG, could
   Intel hire some students to work on this?

   McCool: I think there may be budget for this in Intel, but our
   policy on students requires us to have a full time position to
   offer them
   ... I could only supervise them remotely which might be a
   problem
   ... I was also thinking about Aalto university and will chat
   with Zoltan about that

   Sebastian: a student at Aalto would make sense

   McCool: another idea is to look for help from Japan

   Kaz: we could create a CG, but before we do that we need to
   think about how to transfer requirements to the Eclipse side
   and who would be responsible from the WoT IG/WG end?

   McCool: it makes sense to focus developer outreach on Web of
   Things around node-wot

   <inserted> Kaz: good topic for the marketing tf. we could
   consider possible liaison with the eclipse side

Scripting TF report

   McCool: any report?

   Daniel: we met and discussed some output from the virtual face
   to face

Security TF

   We discussed DIDs and proofs. We felt that we can't put public
   key info in TDs without a means to sign the TD,

   McCool: some discussion around OAuth2 and discovery.
   ... we probably need to think about relation types and
   templates, and security in respect to filters
   ... we are considering privacy and discovery together

Architecture TF

   Lagally: I've provide the agenda for tomorrow's call and want
   to clarify terminology to avoid confusion going forward

AoB?

   None

   McCool: I think we will have a testing call today
   ... end of meeting ...

   <kaz> [main call adjourned; testing will start in 7 mins]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/04/05 08:46:05 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Sunday, 5 April 2020 08:47:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Sunday, 5 April 2020 08:47:50 UTC