Re: Proposal: Web Thing Protocol Community Group

Hello,

I have given support for this CG for the following reasons:
- Indeed the work could be done in the WG/Protocol bindings as well, but
the CG has smaller, specific, well defined deliverables that might
accelerate WoT adoption.
- The smaller scope increases the likelihood of coming to working consensus
about the deliverables.
- A CG is good framework for exploration since has lower entry barrier for
participation, it's easier to attract participants. Again, this might
accelerate WoT adoption.
- A CG is just a framework like a TF, but it's better than a TF for public
proceedings in W3C for the reasons above.
The charter declares supporting the work done in the WG (Protocol
Bindings), which can (will) actually benefit from this CG's work.

Let's see how this will work out, it all depends on people. For the record,
there is an inactive WoT CG with 260 participants, out of which I've only
seen the WG members.
https://www.w3.org/community/wot/

Best regards,
Zoltan