W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > September 2019

[PlugFest] minutes - 28 August 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 16:58:24 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Vk-G0yo2BEfSAsS+_oxc8TSwG=PFZRGrwLQ4VzYFJSHA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/08/28-wot-pf-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Michael McCool!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                              WoT PlugFest

28 Aug 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Takahisa_Suzuki, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          Michael_Lagally

   Scribe
          McCool

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Online PlugFest
         2. [4]Demo scenario and demo slots
         3. [5]Panasonic's demo table
         4. [6]NHK's demo
         5. [7]Local devices, esp. displays
         6. [8]Orchestration scenarios and corresponding TDs
         7. [9]Demo slots and what to do
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: McCool

Online PlugFest

   look at doodle results for online plugfest

   consider the date - week of Sept 11, half day, seems to be the
   highest ranked

   McCool: my only concern is that Mozilla has not responded
   ... but think we should proceed with Sept 11 for now

   Lagally: ok, then we need to figure out a time
   ... how long, multiple calls, etc.
   ... different ways of doing this

   Ege: more difficult to allocate the time during the work day
   when there are multiple calls
   ... so would prefer one large timeslot

   Lagally: do we have koster on the call?
   ... do we have to worry about the US?

   McCool: another constraint is that this is right before TPAC
   ... so what is the latest that week we can have it?
   ... we should avoid Thursday and Friday that week
   ... I would vote for Tuesday to avoid conflicts with current
   meetings

   <mlagally_> proposal: Tuesday Sept 10th, 8am-10am CDT

Demo scenario and demo slots

   Kaz: which scenarios should be tested? We could test scenarios
   in separate meetings

   Lagally: ok, let's look again at the calendar

   McCool: I think we need a doodle to pick the time
   ... there are some people who are not here

   <mlagally_> proposal: Tuesday Sept 10th, 8am-10am CDT,
   9am-11am, 10am-12am

   Lagally: ok, I will set up a doodle; try to answer by the end
   of the week

   McCool: I would try slots both during the day and in the
   evening in Japan and see what the doodle says

   Kaz: need to make decision about who does what scenarios and
   when
   ... and there are multiple locations and times
   ... have put options in README.md

   McCool: I think we should decide on one or more scenarios for
   each slot

   <inserted> kaz: can generate a table of date/time/demo for each
   slot

   Lagally: reviews available scenarios

   McCool: let's keep things simple
   ... want to show interoperability, probably at least three
   vendors

   <ege> I have to leave early this time, sorry

   McCool: keep it simple: one event triggering action on two
   other devices from two other vendors

Panasonic's demo table

   Lagally: are there any constraints on the Panasonic table
   ... do you have any preference?

   Kawaguchi: we have no particular plans, so group can decide

   McCool: let's focus on a device which is (a) reliable (b) easy
   to see

   Lagally: air conditioner has most impact

   McCool: light would be visible, and probably most reliable
   ... the other question is which scenarios are already
   implemented?

NHK's demo

   Lagally: what about NHK?

   Kaz: they will bring a TV, but not controllable from outside;
   just a display, closed application

   McCool: can we at least use it as a web browser?

   Kaz: yes

   McCool: mozilla also has a web dashboard
   ... I will also be bringing a 15" monitor

   Kaz: nhk will be showing hybridcast connect application, so the
   diagram at the top of the demo page should say "Hybridcast
   Connect Application" instead of "Hybridcast TV"

   Lagally: what UI does it have? Is there a pointer? A Keyboard?

   Kaz: just a TV remote, HTML5

   McCool: we need a better description of what NHK will be
   showing

Local devices, esp. displays

   McCool: I can also bring a 15" laptop

   Kawaguchi: panasonic can bring some small number displays,
   google home

   Matsukura: were just bringing laptops, but will look into
   bringing other displays

   McCool: how big is the panasonic table?

   <kaz> 60cm X 180cm

   Lagally: is siemens bringing anything?

   Daniel: not sure, it is a simulation anyway, on a laptop

   Kaz: there is already information on local devices within the
   table at the top of the demo page

   Lagally: specifically wanted to check local displays

Orchestration scenarios and corresponding TDs

   McCool: I think we should look at who can orchestrate other
   devices
   ... start there, figure out which devices we can use

   Lagally: first of all we should check that orchestrators can
   read TDs
   ... then check that they work
   ... would also like to mention that we have a simulator for the
   Festo plant, can use that for industrial scenario
   ... next steps
   ... doodle poll for time and date in week of Sept 11
   ... need to figure out what NHK is bringing and what we can use
   it for

   Kaz: BTW, which version of TD spec will we use? the CR version?

   Lagally: we should use the CR version for the demo

   <kaz> [12]CR version of Thing Description

     [12] https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/CR-wot-thing-description-20190516/

   McCool: need to mention again that unfortunately I will not be
   there until Monday

   Lagally: let's also take care of some PRs for demos
   ... will not merge now, but have some additional TDs for demos
   ... please add TDs asap to give people lead time
   ... running out of time, let's figure out what we can do for
   online plugfest
   ... then we can figure out what works there and define concrete
   demo

Demo slots and what to do

   Kaz: put in README file some demo options
   ... including breakout session, etc.
   ... we made some reservations, but no guarantees that we can
   get the same room
   ... if can't get the same room, not easy to relocate

   McCool: maybe one breakout should be presentations/discussion,
   then just one demo slot
   ... breakout could cover things like BMW and EcoG that are not
   feasible to show at TPAC

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about the breakout session on
   Wednesday, Sep. 15

   Kaz: in the meantime I will look at a schedule with an hour in
   between

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to add a table to manage the schedule

   Lagally: there was also a lot of collateral at the munich mtg,
   maybe can capture and reuse it

   Kaz: plugfest breakout, do need to add entry to session wiki, I
   will do that
   ... will do a basic entry; then we can edit in next week's call

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to put a proposal for plugfest breakout to
   the session idea wiki

   <kaz> Lagally: we should think about the description for the
   demo wiki as well

   <kaz> [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to add a table to manage the schedule
   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to put a proposal for plugfest breakout to
   the session idea wiki

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [13]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([14]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/09/02 07:56:03 $

     [13] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [14] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Monday, 2 September 2019 07:59:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:38 UTC