W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > October 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 30 October 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 22:39:45 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Xh25JnunF45_E6v0474QynEaOw40oZhw6cM2AFZ0p0uw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/10/30-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Taki!

Kazuyuki

---
     [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

30 Oct 2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Michael_McCool, Kunihiko_Toumura,
          Taki_Kamiya, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Ryuichi_Matsukura, Daniel_Peintner

   Regrets
          David_Ezell

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          TK

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Security Call Slot
         2. [4]DST reminder again
         3. [5]Workshop in Singapore
         4. [6]Media and Entertainment IG
         5. [7]WG Charter
         6. [8]CR2 publications for TD and Architecture
         7. [9]Scripting API publication
         8. [10]Security and Privacy Guidelines publication
         9. [11]TD TF report
        10. [12]AOB
     * [13]Summary of Action Items
     * [14]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <taki> scribe: TK

   <taki> scribeNick: taki

Security Call Slot

   McCool: Original time is the best slot, but Elena cannot make
   it.
   ... 3pm in Japan Tuesday is the second best.
   ... We will revisit this in a month because it is not a good
   choice for US Eastern time.
   ... We need to make a new choice again.
   ... any thought?

   (none)

   McCool: next week Nov 5th it will start at 3pm Tuesday Japan
   time.

DST reminder again

   McCool: People from Europe could not make it today.
   ... Next week, EU glitch goes away.
   ... Japan one hour later from next week.
   ... So actually, the Security call next week will be 4pm on
   Tuesday, not 3pm.
   ... would that be OK, Mizushima-san?

   Mizushima: no problem with the time.

   McCool: OK. Security call is 4pm on Tuesday in Japan time on
   Tuesday from next week then.

   <kaz> ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex for security at 4pm
   Tuesday JST

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-187 - Allocate a webex for security
   at 4pm tuesday jst [on Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2019-11-06].

Workshop in Singapore

   [15]IRTF T2TRG workshop agenda

     [15] https://github.com/t2trg/2019-11-singapore

   McCool: Agenda is up.
   ... Discussion about OneDM, etc.
   ... I will be talking about WoT.
   ... Please register if you attend.
   ... Nov 1 is the deadline.
   ... Hackathon registration is required as well.

   <Zakim> kaz, you wanted to ask about the possible remote
   participation

   Kaz: remote connection for Workshop?

   McCool: I am discussing with them. two technologies are on the
   table, including WebEx.
   ... There is a call next week, and will discuss logistics.
   ... Their GitHub page contains logistics information.

Media and Entertainment IG

   Kaz: Who should talk about what?

   McCool: I will catch up with the email.

   Kaz: WoT general information, Shinmachi-san's Use cases,
   PlugFest efforts, etc., are candidates.

   McCool: Dec 3rd is right after I move.
   ... I may not be the best person to give this presentation.
   ... Maybe Sebastian can do it.

   Kaz: note that Chris indicated we can also postpone a little
   bit because the MEIG has got many action items from TPAC.

   McCool: Dec 3rd is also ok, but may be late January or early
   February.

   Kaz: meanwhile we should gather presentation volunteers on our
   side.

   McCool: for Use cases and requirements, we should have this
   call earlier. It cannot be too late.
   ... I will check my email.
   ... We will discuss with them about tradeoff.

WG Charter

   [16]Draft WG Charter

     [16] http://w3c.github.io/wot/charters/wot-wg-charter-draft-2019.html

   McCool: W3M is currently discussing the draft WoT WG Charter in
   parallel to this meeting.
   ... Kaz needs to join the call and is watching the IRC log for
   that purpose.

CR2 publications for TD and Architecture

   [17]Transtin request for Architecture

     [17] https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/177

   [18]Transition request for TD

     [18] https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/178

   McCool: CR2 transition requests were made last week.
   ... got one comment from Ralph for TD.
   ... asking for WG resolution about making references
   non-normative.
   ... Kaz took care of it.
   ... PR transition request MUST be made by Dec 19.

Scripting API publication

   [19]Updated Working Draft

     [19] https://www.w3.org/TR/2019/WD-wot-scripting-api-20191028/

   McCool: Published Scripting API Note.

Security and Privacy Guidelines publication

   [20]Updated draft for publication

     [20] https://w3c.github.io/wot-security/releases/note3/Overview.html

   McCool: Security and Privacy Guideline is ready for
   publication.
   ... Document name was changed.
   ... Summary section seems missing.
   ... Let's discuss on the call next Tuesday.
   ... Empty section needs to be taken care of. I will explain
   about name change as well. Not quite ready as it turned out.

Interest from Academic

   McCool: Master student from Switzerland. Can this person join
   the call?
   ... Maybe inviting to IG?
   ... any objections?

   (none)

   McCool: I will write up an email about this to the ML.

   Kaz: think the master student would be a good addition to
   PlugFest activity, etc.

TD TF report

   <inserted> scribenick: kaz

   Taki: Sebastian went through all the GitHub actions to be
   handled Proposed REC transition

   McCool: we're still short on some of the security featured

   <inserted> scribenick: taki

   McCool: Oauth needs some more implementation.
   ... pop is an experimental scheme. We should work on OAuth
   scheme.
   ... Small extra testing is needed for implementation report.

AOB

   McCool: any other business?

   Daniel: Friday is holiday in Germany, Italy, etc.

   Taki: will talk with Sebastian about the TD call on Friday

   McCool: I am moving to Canada. The last two weeks of November,
   I will be busy.
   ... Sebastian should be able to cover.
   ... Please be aware.
   ... I propose to close the meeting.
   ... Adjourned, give time back to you.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to allocate a webex for security at 4pm
   Tuesday JST

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/10/30 13:33:43 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 30 October 2019 13:40:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:38 UTC