W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2019

[wot-ig/wg] minutes - 17 April 2019

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 02:51:32 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9Uy8EZjeYqpXp67qmoW797eODtxov1KD2=dpDaE47EyJA@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2019/04/17-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                               WoT-IG/WG

17 Apr 2019

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf#17_Apr_2019

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Tetsushi_Matsuda, Taki_Kamiya,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Michael_McCool, Daniel_Peintner,
          Ege_Korkan, Kunihiko_Toumura, Michael_Koster,
          Michael_Lagally, Sebastian_Kaebisch, Tomoaki_Mizushima,
          Zoltan_Kis, Ryuichi_Matsukura

   Regrets

   Chair
          McCool

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Quick updates
         2. [5]Recharter
         3. [6]TPAC f2f update
         4. [7]TF updates
               o Scripting
               o TD
               o WoT Architecture
         5. [8]TestFest call
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: dape

   <scribe> AGENDA:
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

     [11] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_WoT_WebConf

Quick updates

   McCool: Quick Updates
   ... feedback till 24th
   ... PR transition June 11
   ... REC July 16
   ... we have to do resolution "as a existing group" for PR
   transition

   Sebastian: Q: Shall we update Tag branch?
   ... updates in TD
   ... Tag would have latest state

   McCool: Suggest keep branch as is.. but create diff and post
   link to it in issue (mentioning changes)

   Lagally: We discussed this in Arch call as well
   ... decided that we put the updates in the tag branch

   McCool: Suggest to report changes in issue tracker
   ... w.r.t. schedule.. we should aim earlier as the afore
   mentioned dates
   ... Workshop call this monday
   ... do we want to schedule F2F before/after workshop
   ... Siemens is not able to host this F2F

   Sebastian: Siemens can offer on Friday (before workshop) test
   demos et cetera
   ... such a demo meeting is possible
   ... meeting during the weekend is not possible
   ... Ege mentioned F2F option at the technical university of
   Munich
   ... other options? Matthias (Huawei), Lagally (Oracle)

   Ege: need to get permission. booking system is available
   already
   ... need to check official process

   McCool: F2F or PlugFest?
   ... rather F2F
   ... Friday option at Siemens side (demo or also PlugFest)

   Sebastian: Up to us

   McCool: PlugFest at Siemens on Friday
   ... regular meeting at TUM
   ... Ege, can you look into space for 30 people

   Kaz: 31st May (Friday), there will be a Member meeting in Japan
   ... F2F "after" workshop might be better

   Lagally: Input from workshop -> better having F2F after
   workshop

   McCool: F2F June 6

   Ege: one day meeting room for 30 people

   McCool: 2 days ?

   Kaz: Possible. But wrapping up should be doable in 1 day
   ... would be ideal to have re-chartering discussions in
   April/May before the workshop

   Lagally: PR transition, June11
   ... could be topic for 2nd day

   Kaz: w.r.t. spec documents, cannot add essential changes

   McCool: finalize testing?
   ... Let's see if we can get room for 2 days

   Ege: 6-7 June (Th-Fr)

   Kaz: All Japanese member companies will not be there on Friday

   McCool: lets go ahead with 2 day F2F and see if we cut it later
   ... Call after this about demo.

   Sebastian: Still miss activity for readme file ML setup
   ... please add information

   <Sebastian>
   [12]https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/workshop/ws2/demos-2
   019-Munich

     [12] https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/workshop/ws2/demos-2019-Munich

   McCool: bring at least stuff I had at TPAC

   Kaz: Sebastian, can we get information about hotels nearby

   Sebastian: I see

   <kaz> [13]Workshop page

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/ws-2019/cfp.html

   Lagally: FYI: Siemens and TUM are a bit out of town

   Sebastian: will forward the hotel request to organization team

Recharter

   McCool: New chairs selection
   ... some people showed interest

   Kaz: usually W3C groups have 1-2 chairs
   ... sometimes 3 chairs
   ... should clarify role of each chair. tech/management, one
   from each industry, one from each area, etc.

   McCool: no process needed if we don't have enough interested
   people
   ... 2-3 chairs
   ... other question is about IG and WG
   ... suggest having one set of chairs for both groups

   Sebastian: we started with 3 chairs because of Asia, Europe, US
   ... suggest to do the same

   McCool: Suggest start looking at possible candidates
   ... people can self nominate
   ... if interested send email at team-wot

   Kaz: makes sense

   McCool: IF we have more than 3 we need to start election
   process

TPAC f2f update

   Kaz: TPAC F2F planning
   ... planner team asked for information
   ... responded Thursday-Friday for 50 people
   ... no dedicated room for weekend right before TPAC (demo prep)

   McCool: Is there university or member company close?

   Kaz: There is some possible candidates in Fukuoka, but we need
   to look into them.

   McCool: Tuesday: should be able to check network and such

   Kaz: will check... expect good situation as in Sapporo

TF updates

* Scripting

   <zkis>
   [14]https://zolkis.github.io/wot-scripting-api/#the-consumedthi
   ng-interface

     [14] https://zolkis.github.io/wot-scripting-api/#the-consumedthing-interface

   Zoltan: Consumed Thing interface takes options
   ... in nearly every method...
   ... essentially about uriVariables only
   ... tend to remove it and handle it in binding

   McCool: optional?

   Zoltan: using it.. expectation is to use that information

   McCool: uriVariables is just one way..
   ... technically is about communicate variables

   <zkis>
   [15]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/569

     [15] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/569

   Zoltan: Question, can we remove it

   Sebastian: no time to look into that
   ... clarification needed?

   Zoltan: encapsulate

   Daniel: agree that uriVariables should not be visible on
   scripting API level
   ... scripts should just tell parameters

   McCool: one conflict I see is collision with p in body and
   uriVariables

   Zoltan: not good design in the first place

   McCool: Koster, any opinion?

   Koster: we don't want the spec to distinguish whether
   parameters are part of uriVariables or body
   ... name collision would be bad design
   ... prefer removing options

   Zoltan: Question: can we have same name for action and
   property?

   McCool: Yes, we can have that

   Zoltan: outstanding PR.. being reviewed
   ... paper abstract was submitted to the workshop
   ... 23rd for presentation also?

   McCool: Think the deadline is for papers only

   Sebastian: do not need slides.. we would like to see some
   notes/abstract

   Zoltan: Templates?

   Kaz: will provide link to example papers from the previous WoT
   workshop (see below)

   <kaz> [16]examples

     [16] https://www.w3.org/2014/02/wot/submissions.html

* TD

   <kaz> [17]TD minutes (member-only)

     [17] https://www.w3.org/2019/04/12-wot-td-minutes.html

   Sebastian: Overview about changes (no simple vs full)
   ... one format with possible omitted terms
   ... new section talking about protocol handling
   ... please check this new section

   McCool: significant change to tag version?

   Sebastian: Correct

   <kaz> [18]section "7. Behavioral Assertions"

     [18] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#behavior

   Taki: We made clarification on issue 357

   <kaz> [19]section "6. Thing Description Serialization"

     [19] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#sec-td-serialization

   McCool: propose to say "document has changed"

   Taki: will do so

   Sebastian: clarification about mediaTypes and namespace
   ... do we have mediaType or not
   ... Kaz is organizing meeting with Ralph and PHL

   Kaz: I expect TAG review feedback about these points also

* WoT Architecture

   <kaz> [20]Architecture minutes (member-only)

     [20] https://www.w3.org/2019/04/11-wot-arch-minutes.html

   Lagally: new time slot
   ... shifted 1 hour earlier
   ... merged 3 PRs
   ... long discussion about terminology: WoT Server, .. (Chapter
   6)
   ... we are in the state of significant work coming in

   Kaz: actually, 2 hours earlier

   Lagally: tough schedule
   ... To Koster: created PR to binding spec

   McCool: Lagally, can you add information to issue 355

   Lagally: My expectation is no-one read it
   ... Can summarize changes

TestFest call

   McCool: Demo/PlugFest testing call next hour

   Lagally: Will have a short call
   .. open discussion

   McCool: short break: 15 minutes past

   Sebastian: on this Webex?

   Kaz: audio connection on this Webex, but will use #wot-pf IRC
   channel

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes manually created (not a transcript), formatted by
    David Booth's [21]scribe.perl version 1.154 ([22]CVS log)
    $Date: 2019/04/18 17:48:16 $

     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 18 April 2019 17:52:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:36 UTC