Re: Capabilities & Schemas

On 18 May 2018 at 08:32, Anicic, Darko <darko.anicic@siemens.com> wrote:

> Actually we have already specifications for Capabilities, Interaction
> Patterns and Data schema (what you are referring to), but currently this
> content is not displayed on the iotschema <http://iotschema.org/>.org web
> pages. Until we fix the appearance on web pages, you can just access the
> content of iot.schema.org directly from github. For example, let us
> consider:

<snip>

This is really interesting, thank you. And unless I've misunderstood, seems
to contradict what Michael Koster was saying above. These definitions do
seem to specify which interaction patterns a device implementing a
particular capability can have, and also the data types and (collection of)
units an interaction and its data may use. Right down to primitive data
types like "float".

> Important to note is that iot.schema.org
> <http://iotschema.org/docs/full.html> is organized around patterns. If
> you don’t need the FoI pattern for your use case, then just use the
> Capability pattern alone.

This is good to know, thanks. It seems we can start by just supporting a
subset of the annotations and see whether we have a use for the other
levels.

Ben