Invitation to participate in W3C study on tooling and practices for data standardisation

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2017 16:45:27 -0800
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Let me start by explaining that I’ve take over from Phil Archer as the staff lead for the W3C Data Activity, see:

     https://www.w3.org/2013/data/ <https://www.w3.org/2013/data/>

With support from the Open Data Institute and Innovate UK, I am conducting a study of W3C practices and tooling for Web data standardisation. This is directly relevant to the need for shared vocabularies for semantic descriptions of things and their context of use, as a basis for discovery adaptation to variations in capabilities across vendors, and composition of services.

The aim is to make W3C an even better venue for developing and promoting Web data standards. The study involves an analysis of W3C server logs as a measure of the level of interest in our specs, an online questionnaire, and one on one interviews.

I’ve used Google forms for the questionnaire and can provide a PDF version if you have problems accessing Google Forms.

For more details see the associated blog post:

     https://www.w3.org/blog/2017/10/questionnaire-on-practices-tooling-for-web-data-standardisation/ <https://www.w3.org/blog/2017/10/questionnaire-on-practices-tooling-for-web-data-standardisation/>

If you have any questions please send them to me and I will do my best to answer them quickly.

W3C champion for the Web of things & W3C Data Activity Lead