W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > June 2017

[TF-LD] minutes - 9 June 2017

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 01:12:53 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9UvFpts3je4FDV20y6uPdGVwJ67Sw3GScYuseG50c2gew@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Michael Koster!




      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT IG - TF-LD

09 Jun 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/09-wot-irc


          Michael_McCool, DanhLePhuo, Taki_Kamiya, DanhLePhuoc,
          Darko_Anicic, Michael_Koster, Niklas_Widell,
          Uday_Davuluru, Victor_Charpenay, Aparna(observer),





     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]prep for f2f
         2. [5]TD recipes
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of

   <kaz> scribenick: mjkoster

   <kaz> scribe: Michael_Koster

prep for f2f

   darko: focus on 3 areas

   semantic models, TD recipes, semantic processing

   darko: review the 3 points, where we are and how to proceed
   ... 1st point is dsr, but he is not present
   ... any additional points?
   ... presents "Linked Data for WoT Applications"
   ... focus on semantic annotation and discovery
   ... also could look at iot.schema.org capabilities

   mkoster: iot.schema.org is a common pattern for actions,
   events, properties that can use vocabulary from other

   victor: starting to work on concepts for things and interaction

   darko: need to cover the use case for interaction between 2
   devices e.g. temperature sensor and air conditioner
   ... the use case involves replacing a broken sensor with an
   alternate sensor
   ... with equivalent capability
   ... make the model accessible in some repositiory so people can

   <victor> [8]http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/core/index-en.html

      [8] http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/core/index-en.html

   please review and discuss

   darko: semantic processing part
   ... 2 points, validation and semantic interoperability

   victor: trying to use TD ontology to do validation

   darko: 2 other ways, using JSON-schema and what dsr is working
   on using shapes expressions

   victor: validation against a set of constraints applied to a
   Thing Description

   danh: semantic processing tools for reasoning
   ... alignment between SAREF, SSN, SOSA
   ... trying to use a js reasoner to map vocabularies using
   alignment rules e.g. subclass
   ... so discovery using one term will find things exposing all
   semantically equivalent terms
   ... will need to develop the mapping rules

   darko: different companies may use different semantic models
   ... this is one way to interoperate between them

   danh: hope to be ready with a demonstration at the F2F
   ... intergrated with scripting API to enable querying with one
   vocab and discovering things that use another vocab

   darko: can we collect examples of events, actions, properties
   in thing descriptions
   ... could iot.schema.org be helpful in this

   mjkoster: event, action, and property meta model should make it
   easier to align concepts

TD recipes

   darko: TD recipes

   darko: recipes enable the orchestration of things
   ... recipes contain ingredients from TDs with external
   interactions between them
   ... thing to thing interactions
   ... recipes also contain non-functional properties for bindings
   to locations, etc.
   ... review of recipe example based on the simple motion
   sensor-light orchestration
   ... the recipe specifies how to do discovery as well as the
   orchestration and binding as separate phases in the workflow

   mccool: this is like like IFTTT

   darko: more general than IFTTT to allow a wider range of
   behavior and more powerful

   mjkoster: There could be a marketplace for these

   darko: next agenda topic?
   ... roll up and summarize what we just discussed

   Danh: create a reference, collect our thoughts in one place

   darko: collect and develop it as a reference for the plugfest

   maria: explains the Vicinity Core Model linked above
   ... extending SAREF and SSN ontologies
   ... also there are SAREF extensions for buildings
   ... has many devices defined in a cross-domain way
   ... also defining additional concepts like agents

   darko: AOB?
   ... communicate via email and will set up a common workspace
   ... adjourned

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [9]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([10]CVS log)
    $Date: 2017/06/09 15:59:52 $

      [9] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [10] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 9 June 2017 16:14:10 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:12 UTC