From: Maxime Lefrançois [mailto:maxime.lefrancois@emse.fr]
Sent: Freitag, 7. Juli 2017 19:34
To: MEDINI LIONEL
Cc: Le Phuoc, Danh; Public Web of Things IG
Subject: Re: Mappings between SSN & WoT TD

Dear all,

Following Lionel Medini's request to provide an initial alignment between the SOSA/SSN and the WoT ontology (see mail below),

Considering the TD JSON-LD context are at
 - http://w3c.github.io/wot/w3c-wot-td-context.jsonld
 - http://w3c.github.io/wot/w3c-wot-common-context.jsonld

and considering that these contexts refer to the ontologies at
  "td": "http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/wot#<http://iot.linkeddata.es/def/wot>", and
"saref": "http://uri.etsi.org/m2m/saref#<http://uri.etsi.org/m2m/saref>", (shouldn't it be https://w3id.org/saref#<https://w3id.org/saref> ?)

I would rather open the discussion to Raul, Maria and Victor. My initial guess for an alignment between the SOSA/SSN ontology and the VICINITY wot ontology would be:

wot:Thing rdfs:subClassOf ssn:System .
wot:providesInteractionPattern rdfs:subPropertyOf ssn:implements .
wot:InteractionPattern rdfs;subClassOf sosa:Procedure .
wot:hasInputData rdfs:subPropertyOf ssn:hasInput
wot:hasOutputData rdfs:subPropertyOf ssn:hasOutput

@authors of the wot ontology, some preliminary comments:
- I just noticed what may be typos in the definition of wot:MediaType: estructured --> structured, os --> of , Definicion --> Definition
- typo in the label of wot:isReadableThrough
- I would suggest to rename wot:Property to wot:PropertyInteractionPattern to avoid confusion with ssn:Property
- same for wot:Event and wot:Action ?
- do you really want to impose the use of OM for units of measures ? or could we use QUDT instead ?
- instead of wot:DataSchema, couldn't we use the class rdfp:GraphPresentation from the RDFP ( https://w3id.org/rdfp/ ) ontology to generalize a bit to any RDF Graph that has some validation rules / lifting rules / lowering rules ? That could help to cover cases where input data or output data do not solely consist in a quantity value  (ex. some text, concepts, or force and torque values)
- could we have wot: properties that map to the CoRE resource directory rt (resource type) and if (interface) Web Link target attributes ? see RFC6690
- instead of a property with a boolean range, I've heard it's good practice to use classes instead --> disjoint classes RequiredProperty and OptionalProperty ?

Some other suggestions come to my mind, but that should be a good starting point to develop discuss further the development of that nice wot ontology and it's alignment to SSN.

@Lionel, some more comments inline

Best,
Maxime Lefrançois