W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > April 2017

Re: Invitation: [hold] iot.schema.org community (planning & roadmap) @ Wed Apr 5, 2017 9am - 9:50am (michael.koster@smartthings.com)

From: Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:28:05 -0700
Cc: Benjamin Francis <bfrancis@mozilla.com>, Giovanni Bartolomeo <giovanni.bartolomeo01@gmail.com>, Preston Holmes <ptone@google.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, ram.sriram@nist.gov, Victor Charpenay <vcharpenay@gmail.com>, Darko Anicic <darko.anicic@gmail.com>, Ramanathan Guha <guha@guha.com>, David Janes <davidjanes@gmail.com>, Raúl García Castro <rgcmme@gmail.com>, Steve Liang <liangsteve@gmail.com>, Ali ABBASSENE <a.abbassene@gmail.com>, Thomas Bergwinkl <thomas.bergwinkl@gmail.com>, Aitor Olite <aitorcorchero@gmail.com>, Shivam Verma <shivam.bitsgoa@gmail.com>, Richard Wallis <rjw@dataliberate.com>, christian.groves@nteczone.com, Kazi Mehedi <kazi.mehedi@zerogravity.com.bd>, Yuvraj Agarwal <yuvraj.agarwal@cs.cmu.edu>, josemanuel.canterafonseca@telefonica.com, Joao Borges <joaoborges6@gmail.com>, Markus Lanthaler <mark_lanthaler@gmx.net>, John Kozura <jkozura@nestlabs.com>, jah@mmmi.sdu.dk, Andrea Buda <andreabudaphd@gmail.com>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, Charbel Kaed <charbel.kaed@gmail.com>, Kazi Mehedi Hashan <kmhrussell17@gmail.com>, Jason Koh <jbkoh@eng.ucsd.edu>, ari.keranen@ericsson.com, Ari Keränen <ari.keranen@gmail.com>, stephen.doyle@mobile-life.com, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, Jonathan Jeon <hollobit@gmail.com>, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Ted Hardie <hardie@google.com>, tmarsh@microsoft.com, pala.daniele@gmail.com, Imran Khan <imrankhan1984@gmail.com>, josh@fortytwo.net, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@gmail.com>, Laura Daniele <laura.daniele@tno.nl>, Ming Chen <mingchen62@gmail.com>, Robin Cover <robincover@gmail.com>, Aastha Madaan <madaan.aastha@gmail.com>, María Poveda Villalón <mpovedavillalon@gmail.com>, Joshua Gluck <jgluck@cs.cmu.edu>, Jari Arkko <jari.arkko@ericsson.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, brad@beechwoods.com, Caliber Media Group <google_aap@calibermg.com>, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>, Monika Solanki <msolanki.mailings@gmail.com>, Jaime Jiménez <jaime.jimenez@ericsson.com>, Bharathan Balaji <get.bharathan@gmail.com>, Kyung Ho Kim <kyungho.kim@lge.com>, Dominique Guinard <dom@evrythng.com>, Aparna Thuluva <aparna.thuluva@gmail.com>, Василий Долматов <vdolmatov@gmail.com>, zetta@evrythng.com, Raphaël Troncy <raphael.troncy@gmail.com>, Gordon Mackenzie <gmackenz@google.com>, mike amundsen <mamund@yahoo.com>, "Timothy (Timothy) Carey" <timothy.carey@alcatel-lucent.com>, Randy Turner <Randy.Turner@landisgyr.com>, Michel Veillette <Michel.Veillette@trilliantinc.com>, Kerry Lynn <kerlyn@ieee.org>, Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>, Tim Spets <tim.spets@greenwavereality.com>
Message-Id: <3774F817-647B-437F-86F8-8658ADD3A6E3@smartthings.com>
To: Max Senges <maxsenges@google.com>
Hello,

The next meeting for iot.schema.org <http://iot.schema.org/> community planning will be tomorow, 9am to 9:50 Pacific

The agenda will be to summarize the outcome from, and progress since, the March 8th meeting, review the workstreams we identified, discuss the venue for participation, and discuss .

Review Workstreams:

1. Charter and organization (Michael):
- github issues and wiki for contributions, tools, and documents
- mail list for general discussion
- community group discussion
- license

2. Tools (David):
- public github organization "iot-schema-collab"
- Slack for developers

3. Prototypes, Community and Examples (Darko):
- Design pattern examples
- SmartThings examples
- QUDT

WoT Outreach

IETF Outreach

Other models and definitions: Haystack, OCF, OMA, IPSO, oneM2M, Fairhair, YANG, dotdot, SmartThings, Weave

Actions and wrap up, AOB 


> On Mar 29, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com> wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> Thanks to all who participated in the March 8th meeting!
> 
> Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, April 5th.
> 
> I have summarized the notes and comments from the meeting and post-meeting conversations, including open questions and action items:
> 
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p8KIUEcQYseoPzvjtkfvVCNAXx3OfyuTUEReB3H2B5M/edit#bookmark=id.p56r2rxn9ie6 <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p8KIUEcQYseoPzvjtkfvVCNAXx3OfyuTUEReB3H2B5M/edit#bookmark=id.p56r2rxn9ie6>
> 
> We are proposing to create three workstreams to take this work forward:
> 
> 1. Refine and update the iot.schema.org <http://iot.schema.org/> charter
> 
> 2. Create a community group to address the early examples and initial work on schemas and definitions for the smart home and mobility domains, including base ontologies and design patterns
> 
> 3. Tools and methods for common media types and design patterns; make it easy to create iot.schema.org <http://iot.schema.org/> schemas and definitions using RDF in JSON-LD, turtle, and other related media types.
> 
> Please review and provide feedback and comments, and let us know which workstreams you are interested in participating in and at what participation level.
> 
> We will review progress Agenda to follow. 
> 
> Best regards,
> 
> Michael
> 
>> On Mar 9, 2017, at 12:12 PM, Max Senges <maxsenges@google.com <mailto:maxsenges@google.com>> wrote:
>> 
>> more details » <https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=cDExMW81ZzN1NjgyamU3a2I4c2NyNGhwMXMgbWljaGFlbC5rb3N0ZXJAc21hcnR0aGluZ3MuY29t&tok=MjAjbWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb204NjBmYzM5Y2U4NTUzZjJlZmU3Njk3ZmYzMjNkMzU4NzdiYWU0MDYw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&hl=en>
>> [hold] iot.schema.org <http://iot.schema.org/> community (planning & roadmap)
>> When
>> Wed Apr 5, 2017 9am – 9:50am Pacific Time
>> Where
>> MTV-1950-3-Permanente Creek (5) GVC (Phone) (No external guests), MTV-1965-1-Eklutna (8) GVC (Phone), SFO-SPE-4-St. Francis Wood (5) GVC (map <https://maps.google.com/maps?q=MTV-1950-3-Permanente+Creek+%285%29+GVC+%28Phone%29+%28No+external+guests%29,+MTV-1965-1-Eklutna+%288%29+GVC+%28Phone%29,+SFO-SPE-4-St.+Francis+Wood+%285%29+GVC&hl=en>)
>> Video call
>> https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/google.com/iot-schema-org <https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/google.com/iot-schema-org?hceid=bWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb20.p111o5g3u682je7kb8scr4hp1s>
>> Calendar
>> michael.koster@smartthings.com <mailto:michael.koster@smartthings.com>
>> Who
>> •	
>> Max Senges - organizer
>> •	
>> bfrancis@mozilla.com <mailto:bfrancis@mozilla.com>
>> •	
>> Giovanni Bartolomeo
>> •	
>> Preston Holmes
>> •	
>> Dan Brickley
>> •	
>> ram.sriram@nist.gov <mailto:ram.sriram@nist.gov>
>> •	
>> Victor Charpenay
>> •	
>> Darko Anicic
>> •	
>> guha@guha.com <mailto:guha@guha.com>
>> •	
>> David Janes
>> •	
>> Raúl García Castro
>> •	
>> Steve Liang
>> •	
>> Ali ABBASSENE
>> •	
>> Thomas Bergwinkl
>> •	
>> Aitor Olite
>> •	
>> Shivam Verma
>> •	
>> Richard Wallis
>> •	
>> christian.groves@nteczone.com <mailto:christian.groves@nteczone.com>
>> •	
>> Kazi Mehedi
>> •	
>> Yuvraj Agarwal
>> •	
>> josemanuel.canterafonseca@telefonica.com <mailto:josemanuel.canterafonseca@telefonica.com>
>> •	
>> Joao Borges
>> •	
>> Markus Lanthaler
>> •	
>> John Kozura
>> •	
>> jah@mmmi.sdu.dk <mailto:jah@mmmi.sdu.dk>
>> •	
>> Andrea Buda
>> •	
>> Vicki Tardif Holland
>> •	
>> Charbel Kaed
>> •	
>> Kazi Mehedi Hashan
>> •	
>> Jason Koh
>> •	
>> ari.keranen@ericsson.com <mailto:ari.keranen@ericsson.com>
>> •	
>> Ari Keränen
>> •	
>> stephen.doyle@mobile-life.com <mailto:stephen.doyle@mobile-life.com>
>> •	
>> Stéphane Corlosquet
>> •	
>> Jonathan Jeon
>> •	
>> Dave Raggett
>> •	
>> Ted Hardie
>> •	
>> tmarsh@microsoft.com <mailto:tmarsh@microsoft.com>
>> •	
>> pala.daniele@gmail.com <mailto:pala.daniele@gmail.com>
>> •	
>> Imran Khan
>> •	
>> josh@fortytwo.net <mailto:josh@fortytwo.net>
>> •	
>> Jari Arkko
>> •	
>> laura.daniele@tno.nl <mailto:laura.daniele@tno.nl>
>> •	
>> Ming Chen
>> •	
>> Robin Cover
>> •	
>> Aastha Madaan
>> •	
>> María Poveda Villalón
>> •	
>> jgluck@cs.cmu.edu <mailto:jgluck@cs.cmu.edu>
>> •	
>> jari.arkko@ericsson.com <mailto:jari.arkko@ericsson.com>
>> •	
>> Dan Brickley
>> •	
>> brad@beechwoods.com <mailto:brad@beechwoods.com>
>> •	
>> Caliber Media Group
>> •	
>> Thad Guidry
>> •	
>> Monika Solanki
>> •	
>> jaime.jimenez@ericsson.com <mailto:jaime.jimenez@ericsson.com>
>> •	
>> Bharathan Balaji
>> •	
>> Kyung Ho Kim
>> •	
>> Dominique Guinard
>> •	
>> Aparna Thuluva
>> •	
>> Василий Долматов
>> •	
>> zetta@evrythng.com <mailto:zetta@evrythng.com>
>> •	
>> michael.koster@smartthings.com <mailto:michael.koster@smartthings.com>
>> •	
>> Raphaël Troncy
>> •	
>> Gordon Mackenzie
>> Going?   Yes <https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=cDExMW81ZzN1NjgyamU3a2I4c2NyNGhwMXMgbWljaGFlbC5rb3N0ZXJAc21hcnR0aGluZ3MuY29t&rst=1&tok=MjAjbWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb204NjBmYzM5Y2U4NTUzZjJlZmU3Njk3ZmYzMjNkMzU4NzdiYWU0MDYw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&hl=en> - Maybe <https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=cDExMW81ZzN1NjgyamU3a2I4c2NyNGhwMXMgbWljaGFlbC5rb3N0ZXJAc21hcnR0aGluZ3MuY29t&rst=3&tok=MjAjbWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb204NjBmYzM5Y2U4NTUzZjJlZmU3Njk3ZmYzMjNkMzU4NzdiYWU0MDYw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&hl=en> - No <https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=RESPOND&eid=cDExMW81ZzN1NjgyamU3a2I4c2NyNGhwMXMgbWljaGFlbC5rb3N0ZXJAc21hcnR0aGluZ3MuY29t&rst=2&tok=MjAjbWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb204NjBmYzM5Y2U4NTUzZjJlZmU3Njk3ZmYzMjNkMzU4NzdiYWU0MDYw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&hl=en>    more options » <https://www.google.com/calendar/event?action=VIEW&eid=cDExMW81ZzN1NjgyamU3a2I4c2NyNGhwMXMgbWljaGFlbC5rb3N0ZXJAc21hcnR0aGluZ3MuY29t&tok=MjAjbWF4c2VuZ2VzQGdvb2dsZS5jb204NjBmYzM5Y2U4NTUzZjJlZmU3Njk3ZmYzMjNkMzU4NzdiYWU0MDYw&ctz=America/Los_Angeles&hl=en>
>> Invitation from Google Calendar <https://www.google.com/calendar/>
>> You are receiving this email at the account michael.koster@smartthings.com <mailto:michael.koster@smartthings.com> because you are subscribed for invitations on calendar michael.koster@smartthings.com <mailto:michael.koster@smartthings.com>.
>> 
>> To stop receiving these emails, please log in to https://www.google.com/calendar/ <https://www.google.com/calendar/> and change your notification settings for this calendar.
>> 
>> Forwarding this invitation could allow any recipient to modify your RSVP response. Learn More <https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37135#forwarding>.
>> 
>> <Mail Attachment.ics><invite.ics>
> 


Received on Wednesday, 5 April 2017 02:28:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:27:11 UTC