Re: Is the conformance to the Web architecture principles what distinguishes the IoT and the WoT ?

Dear Dave, Dominique, Michael,

Thank you for the detailed answers, they help me gain a better
understanding of the various points of view on the Web of Things.

Michael, first of all, I now realize my previous message was a bit careless
(this happens sometimes with sleep deprivation and chasing deadlines) and I
apologize for that. To avoid any miscommunication, I just want to make it
clear that I really appreciate the work being done in both the WoT IG and
IRTF T2TRG, and I look forward to contributing on the semantic aspects.

The exact point we discussed with some of the participants during a coffee
break was about the initial draft version of
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-t2trg-ble-uri-00
(I kindly ask participants to please don't hesitate to correct me if I
transcript our discussion badly)

This draft is about giving URIs to BLE local resources, and this first
proposal gives as example (p.4, first table, 4th line) URI: ble:/gatt/nodes
to identify the list of available nodes on a bluetooth device. Actually, on
each bluetooth device. So, one URI for different resources. This is exactly
the definition of URI collision
https://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-webarch-20041215/#URI-collision .
One resolution proposal we agreed on could be: use the device MAC address
as authority to disambiguate between two devices.

Kind regards,
Maxime Lefrançois