Re: IG charter - alpha 4

> On 27 May 2016, at 13:35, Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org> wrote:
>
> [jumping in after having read Jonathan's latest mails on this - I think there's been some confusion]
>
> On 5/25/2016 10:30 AM, Dave Raggett wrote:
>> Just to note that while WGs are required to produce test suites and to publish implementation reports for transitioning from Candidate Recommendation to Proposed Recommendation, WGs do not normally work on interoperability testing.
>
> They do - the "rule of thumb" is that the implementation report has to show "two interoperable implementations of each feature" in a spec - that's "interoperability testing" (at least to some extent)

This is covered by the W3C Process requirements.  In essence, the need to prepare test suites for specifications and to prepare implementation reports. The exit criteria for Candidate Recommendations are declared in the specifications, not in the WG charters.

> What WGs really don't work on is *conformance* testing - because that requires a much more extensive test suite

Indeed.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>