Transfer layer abstaction model with notifications

From: Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 15:52:01 -0700
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Here is a presentation that describes a proposal for a simple abstract transfer layer that can be used to map TD items (events, actions, properties) to resources using CoAP, HTTP, and MQTT bound protocols.

This includes a consistent transfer layer abstraction for asynchronous notifications from actions, events and resource state changes using existing mechanisms for CoAP (Observe), HTTP (EventSource), and MQTT (pubsub).

https://github.com/connectIOT/Architecture/blob/master/wot-2may16.pdf <https://github.com/connectIOT/Architecture/blob/master/wot-2may16.pdf>

Best regards,

Michael

PS I also propose a "group" TD item extension type that is optional and can be used to expose collections of resources for collective interaction. It could be a starting point for defining other types of collections.

PPS I think Actions, Events, and Properties are also fundamentally collections. Ultimately a collection tag like "Actions" or "Properties", can be mapped to a common link relation "hasAction" or "hasProperty" wrt. the context of the "thing" being described. This mapping can be automated using JSON-LD processing...