AW: application facing lifecycle, data and interaction model for things

From: Peintner, Daniel (ext) <daniel.peintner.ext@siemens.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 11:36:54 +0000
To: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Hi Dave,

> I currently have an informal and incomplete proposal for types,
> and am looking for help to formalise this. The starting point is
> the notion of a “value” as having a type.  This includes some core
> types like null, booleans (true or false), numbers and strings.
> This borrows directly from JSON.  Note that RDF has problems with
> null, which therefore needs further discussion.  JSON further suggests
> the need for arrays and name/value pairs. This allows for compound
> values with arbitrarily deep nesting. Values may be early or late
> bound or variant types, where there is some flexibility for what
> kinds of values are accepted.

In Montreal, Victor, Taki and myself have been asked to look into how we could express datatypes in a thing description and so we did.

https://github.com/w3c/wot/tree/master/proposals/type-system

Please have a look and feel free to comment on what has been done so far.
I think we should try to find common agreement.

Thanks,

-- Daniel