W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-ig@w3.org > June 2016

[wot] minutes - 29 June 2016

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 22:22:39 +0900
Message-ID: <CAJ8iq9V4FgfLW3CkpFL3FpUxWnyzP0e+yaGVhA8P7dc9LE8_8w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2016/06/29-wot-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking these minutes, Daniel!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                 WoT IG

29 Jun 2016

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/IG_WebConf#Agenda_of_next_WoT_IG_WebConf:_29_Jun_2016

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/29-wot-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Dave_Raggett, Achille_Zappa,
          Daniel_Peintner, Masato_Ohura, Matthias_Kovatsch,
          Soumya_Kanti_Datta, Takuki_Kamiya, Yingying_Chen,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Victor_Charpenay, Johannes_Hund,
          Katsuyoshi_Naka, Kazuaki_Nimura, Ryuichi_Matsukura,
          Toru_Kawaguchi, Carsten_Bormann, Frank Reusch

   Regrets
   Chair
          Matthias

   Scribe
          dape

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Status updates
         2. [6]WG roadmap
         3. [7]PlugFest Preparation
         4. [8]F2F network
        file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#agenda
        file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#item01
        file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#item02
        file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#item03
        file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#item04

     * [9]Summary of Action Items
      file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#ActionSummary

     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

     [10] file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#ResolutionSummary

   <scribe> scribe: dape

   <scribe> scribeNick: DP

Status updates

   <inserted> scribenick: dape

   MK: Yingying, update on open day graphic

   YY: local media will make graphic... and publish it.

   W3C will review it internally

   ask everyone to provide feedback. silence means OK

   YY: Another thing is about breakout session. Need to know
   estimated number.
   ... would like to confirm that we need only 1 additional
   break-out room? Correct?

   MK: Difficult to know right now. Depends on interest of people

   YY: Big meeting room for 200 people can be seperated

   SK: We have several topics to discuss w.r.t. thing
   description.. prefer not having (any/many) parallel sessions

   many people are interested in many topics

   JH: think we have rather 2 parallel sessions

   <mkovatsc> +1

   SK: agree

   <kaz> +1

   YY: One big room and one smaller room?

   MK: Dividing big room in 2 parts is also fine?

   YY: Okay

   MK: Worst case three.. that's fine I guess

   RESOLUTION: one big room which can be split into 2-3 parts for
   the f2f meeting

   <yingying_>
   [11]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_Chin
   a,_Beijing#Wednesday.2C_13th_of_July.2C_WoT_IG_Meeting

     [11]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Wednesday.2C_13th_of_July.2C_WoT_IG_Meeting

   YY: About PlugFest Agenda. Tuesday is not updated yet.

   <mkovatsc> On room topic: Big room can be divided into up to
   three rooms, which is fine

   YY: first part is introduction: combined with CETC demo and W3C
   plugfest intro

   second part is about implementer pitches (~ 1 slide)

   afterwards we said parallel sessions..

   however, CETC has just short demos..

   we can first have CETC demo and than W3C PlugFest

   OK everybody?

   MK: Updated agenda to look at would be good... so far it sounds
   fine by me

   YY: Ok, will update agenda
   ... Also, I would need presenters slides... within this week
   would be good

   same for PlugFest pitch. Please send it me. will add it to wiki

   SK: checked Tuesday agenda. 1. implementers pitches, 2. demos..

   YY: Agenda is out-dated
   ... implementers pitches will be before PlugFest

   SK: I see

   Kaz: link Wednesday.. should be Tueday

   <yingying_>
   [12]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_Chin
   a,_Beijing#Tuesday.2C_12th_of_July.2C_Open_Day_.2F_Presentation
   s_.2B_Plugfest

     [12]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Tuesday.2C_12th_of_July.2C_Open_Day_.2F_Presentations_.2B_Plugfest

   YY: Correct

   MK: any quick update?

   none heard

WG roadmap

   <mkovatsc> [13]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Roadmap

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Roadmap

   MK: Joerg showed roadmap last week
   ... integrated some feedback fro Panasonic

   green, past

   pink, important milestones

   aligned it with W3M meeting schedule

   last week deadline for p2p feedback

   after f2f in Bejing... integrate review

   <Mathias walks over roadmap>

   October 21st, approved by W3M

   Dave: timeline is fine

   however, not sure about how to push for active participiation

   moreover, see extended interest e.g. Google... can we extend
   the charter space

   JH: Comment about Scott/Google
   ... at F2F we should look at charter and make sure that THIS is
   the version we can give to externals
   ... make sure that we understand each other
   ... also capture feedback
   ... w.r.t. Scott: make sure to reduce complexity

   Dave: I think he is looking for common profiles/models

   commonality of models

   and vendor extensions

   also look at real products and check whether we can model that

   JH: That is what event, property etc is about

   Dave: anyhow, should be able to extend charter

   MK: After Bejing charter should be ready
   ... need further feedback from Google

   Dave: think they promised further feedback.. just need to be
   patient

   Kaz: Agree that timeline looks good

   about outreach we should discuss about details separately...
   maybe outreach taskforce

   everybody can join this taskforce.. reaching out to AC reps

   MK: Should make sure that we integrate feedback correctly...
   talk to them to make sure

   <dsr> European Broadcasting Union, Fraunhofer, Intel, INSIGHT,
   TNO, Sony, UK Government, Siemens and Mitsubishi

   <kaz> [14]IG Charter review results (Member-only)

     [14] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/wot-ig-2016/results

   MK: w.r.t. IG charter. got 10 AC reps OKAY

   Dave: 70 groups in interest group
   ... should reach out to others
   ... holiday season now.. might be a bit risky

   could also extend response time

   MK: Are we aware of companies not yet listed

   Dave: Yes, ... but still evaluating their strategy
   ... or startup need to figure out how (member fees)
   ... or also non-members

   takes a while

   MK: WG charter ready for P2P outreach since last week. Is there
   any feedback?

   <dsr> acl mkovatsc

   Kaz: 1. Have we closed roadmap topic?

   MK: Still about roadmap

   Kaz: 2. we should clarify purpose/target of outreach task

   Dave: believe we should discuss this now

   Kaz: means we should separate topic. W3C members and
   non-members
   ... also, we are still generating target list, correct?

   MK: would say reaching out to members should be done by
   members. Non-menbers done by W3C..

   Dave: depends on the contacts... if you have good contacts
   please do that
   ... W3C will try to help

   MK: Was more talking about responsibility

   Kaz: outreach relates to Communication taskforce

   MK: agree

   Dave: All have responsibility to make others aware of our work

   JH: Should more look at it from the point of view of caretakers

   Dave: Share it members list?

   <mkovatsc> +1

   JH: Sounds good

   MK: Masato prepared chart for roadmap, do you agree with wiki
   version

   Masato: Yes, wiki version is good as is

PlugFest Preparation

   MK: bit behind schedule

   Daniel integrated security details from Nice

   <Sebastian>
   [15]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht
   ml#repository

     [15]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#repository

   SK: w.r.t. discovery I gave short description about TD
   repository

   <Sebastian>
   [16]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht
   ml#participation-howto

     [16]
http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html#participation-howto

   also, updates in PlugFest section 3.5.1

   How to use repository

   not clear yet if we use local or external repository

   depends on network setup (and issues we encounter)

F2F network

   DP: Yingying checked and I hope everything will be just fine

   Dave: Static address for local repository you can share?

   SK: can/should use static addresses anyway, right Yingying?

   MK: First we should try repository online... than fallback,
   right?

   Dave: Depends on code..

   MK: Will prepare address for local raspberry
   ... W.r.t. implementations. Did you find any bugs while
   testing?

   Kaz: We are generating diagram about network in Hotel... think
   could be useful

   MK: Yes, heard about some "strange" setup.. separated networks
   for wifi and wired

   YY: Checked whether we can have dedicated connection.. should
   resolve issues mentioned before

   asked operator to install another connection

   MK: Is budget okay?

   YY: yes, reasonable price

   <mkovatsc>
   [17]https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_Chin
   a,_Beijing#Requirements

     [17]
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_July_2016,_China,_Beijing#Requirements

   MK: Requirements table lacks information

   can we update wiki and what has been checked

   for example skype is working et cetera

   YY: Will update table

   DP: tool does not test httpS and coapS ..

   YY: will also contact Panasonic

   <kaz> fyi, initial network configuration diagram:
   [18]https://www.w3.org/2016/07/wot-f2f/network/beijing-network.
   png (Member-only)

     [18] https://www.w3.org/2016/07/wot-f2f/network/beijing-network.png

   MK: When will we get details about network setup?

   YY: I think tomorrow the network should be installed. Testing
   on Friday..
   ... Need to know subnet ranges et cetera?

   MK: Yes.. subnet, DHCP, manual addresses and such details

   <Sebastian> +1

   MK: 30 minutes left, no topic left on agenda

   any more issues to discuss?

   lets close early..

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    1. [19]one big room which can be split into 2-3 parts for the
       f2f meeting

     [19] file:///tmp/lynxXXXXxuU2Qd/L16418-600TMP.html#resolution01

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.144 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2016/06/29 13:16:23 $

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


-- 
Kaz Ashimura, W3C Staff Contact for Auto, WoT, TV, MMI and Geo
Tel: +81 3 3516 2504
Received on Wednesday, 29 June 2016 13:23:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 29 June 2016 13:23:52 UTC