Re: [FYI] WWDC 2016 Apple Homekit

From: 전종홍 <hollobit@etri.re.kr>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 23:54:03 +0000
To: Scott Jenson <scottj@google.com>
CC: "Dave Raggett <dsr@w3. org>" <dsr@w3.org>, "public-wot-ig@w3.org" <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
I agree with you that we need more than just “metadata description and discovery".

Regarding on this browser based UUI model, I was figured out as using extended widget model[1] or manifest format[2].

I think it would be good starting point if we can find how can we use the browser technology for IoT application environment.

Best Regards,

— Jonathan Jeon

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/

[2] https://www.w3.org/TR/appmanifest/

2016. 6. 20., 오전 5:11, Scott Jenson <scottj@google.com<mailto:scottj@google.com>> 작성:

There is quite a bit packed into your sentence. As a UX designer, I'd like to make sure that we appreciate that Apple is doing much more than just "metadata description and discovery":

  *   A *limited* set of device categories
  *   Clear and *limited* functional schema for each category
  *   A fairly limited app to find and control these devices