Re: Call to discuss interop demo with OCF

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 14:24:32 +0100
Cc: "Bassbouss, Louay" <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de>, Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
To: Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com>

> On 22 Apr 2016, at 13:14, Michael Koster <michael.koster@smartthings.com> wrote:
>
> I would also like to participate in building an OCF integration for WoT. It could help motivate Samsung and other OCF participants toward WoT.

Samsung already seem very engaged judging from their emails and a representative will attend the call.

Currently OCF & IoTivity are limited to CoAP, but there is work on extending this to HTTP and other protocols. The oneiota.org site includes a suite of RAML models. My plan is to map these into thing descriptions and extend my gateway to provide access to OCF devices. I am hoping that you and Louay will be able to provide other independent implementations.

Here is the calendar invite for the call.

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>