RE: thing description question

From: Charpenay, Victor <victor.charpenay@siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 14:14:52 +0000
To: "Soumya-Kanti.Datta@eurecom.fr" <Soumya-Kanti.Datta@eurecom.fr>, "public-wot-ig@w3.org" <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Hi Soumya,

could you give us a link to those guidelines? From what I found, they consist in using a CoRE Resource Directory to store objects but it seems rather straightforward since LwM2M and IPSO objects are RESTful by design. Maybe there is more?

Anyway, isn't the Thingweb Repository an implementation of what you are looking for? By the way, the idea of a Thing Repository had been questioned (shortly before Nice), since it seems very similar in spirit to a Resource Directory. Yet, it provides a SPARQL interface, which covers and extends by far the query mechanism of a Resource Directory.

Regards,
Victor