AW: [TF-DI] Agenda and webex details - 24 Sept 2015 at 15:00 CEST

Hi Louay,

I greatly enjoyed the presentation about the API to discover things, explicitly also the proposal for a thing API that enables accessing properties and actions from browsers, which could be a good input for a generic client-side API.

I would like to invite you to present this aspect also in the TF-AP call so we could continue the discussion that was started.

There were two points raised by Dave, which I would like to pick up:

(1) are the concepts generic enough so we could use them in different programming languages (e.g. describe them in an IDL)?
(2) could we have simplifications for the asynchronous nature, such as hiding the promise?

Personally I think (1) is very likely, as a promise is basically a pattern of simplification for callback-based APIs which could be one way to simplify (chaining the calls) while still being able to react to communication errors.

A more advanced concept could even have some kind of transaction that can be written in  a function using a synchronous API, executed by the user agent (resp. runtime) and the execution be hidden from the developer.

Best regards,
Johannes