AW: [W3C WoT IG, TF-TD]: Comments on proposals for Thing Descriptions

From: Kaebisch, Sebastian <sebastian.kaebisch@siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 09:54:25 +0000
To: "Nilsson, Claes1" <Claes1.Nilsson@sonymobile.com>, "'public-wot-ig@w3.org'" <public-wot-ig@w3.org>
Hi Claes,

thanks for your feedback. My responses are inline.

*         If an IoT device initiates communication with a cloud server the device gets a dynamic IP-address and port that the cloud server application can use to send messages to the device. It must be possible to express this in the TD for the device.

[SK] I'm not sure if I understand your point correctly. There is the metadata with the protocol field to express the current IP address. Is there is an update of Thing's IP this should be also updated in the TD. Without doing this we will run into inconsistency. Does it answer your question?

*         For inputData and outputData I have only seen the data type expressed. How should value range be expressed? For actions the name of the inputData/outputData also have to be stated so that it is stated what the data is used for.
[SK] The idea for doing this is the usage of XSD declarations that supports such kind of type restrictions. JSON-LD relies on this already and we can just simple use it. However, there is no TD example yet that shows such kind of declaration. I think, we should discuss this in one of the next web meetings.

BR
Seb

BR
  Claes

Claes Nilsson
Master Engineer - Web Research
Research&Incubation

Sony Mobile Communications
Tel: +46 70 55 66 878
claes1.nilsson@sonymobile.com<mailto:Firstname.Lastname@sonymobile.com>

sonymobile.com<http://sonymobile.com/>

[Sony logotype_23px height_Email_144dpi]

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)