From: "dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>" <dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>>
Date: Monday, May 4, 2015 at 11:13 AM
To: Dzung D Tran <dzung.d.tran@intel.com<mailto:dzung.d.tran@intel.com>>
Cc: Public Web of Things IG <public-wot-ig@w3.org<mailto:public-wot-ig@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: web of things framework implementation challenges

On 4 May 2015, at 18:41, Tran, Dzung D <dzung.d.tran@intel.com<mailto:dzung.d.tran@intel.com>> wrote:

Dave,

I was wondering if you had a chance to take a look at iotkit-comm which is a NodeJS framework.

Thanks for the pointer.  Looking at examples for their service specification, e.g. [1], I see that they include LAN & protocol info. To scale well across proxies etc., the Web of Things needs to provide a clean abstraction that is decoupled from the communications layer details. Of course we need to deal with those details, but with a clean separation between different architectural layers.

Another consideration is the way that semantics are expressed.  For a Web scale solution, it makes sense to build upon linked data and the work that has been done on sensor ontologies etc. This is where JSON-LD has the edge over JSON in providing a formal mapping to Linked Data.

[1] http://iotkit-comm-js.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/api/tutorial-service-spec-query.html

I am travelling for the next 3 weeks, and won’t be able to join the calls until I get back to the office. However, I will try to keep up with email where possible.

Best regards,
—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org<mailto:dsr@w3.org>>