Re: [WoT IG] F2F Agenda

Hi Dave,

Yes, my motivation and approach is same as you suggested. First of
all, we would need to survey current
use cases, existing approach etc.

I agree that current approach of trusted agent will mitigate security
issue for local server. However, my opinion
is that this service model for working well depends on user circumstances.
For example, if the server hosted TV is connected via Home Network
Wifi and user's smartphone is via LTE,
smartphone cannot access to the TV cause trusted agent device cannot
access to different network.
To prevent this issue, some vendor is providing cloud server
alternative to home server. But, this approach
increases internet traffic and lose responsibility.

It means, not only the SSDP/mDNS approach but also cloud server will
be required for the device orchestration.
I guess if we could have adaptive feature for each user network
circumstance, it will be great. (In other word,
it will be called as automatic fallback model into device orchestration).

So, I think having a discussion about how do we address this issue for
the automatic fallback model is quite
important to move forward current Web of Things movement.

Best,

--- Ken