Re: Here’s the one thing someone needs to invent before the internet of things can take off

Hi,

There are definitely valid points in the blog post, but there is also
quite a bit of (recent) work already done in this space. For example:

CoRE Link Format:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6690

CoRE Interfaces:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-core-interfaces-02

Media Types for Sensor Markup Language (SENML):
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jennings-senml-10

IPSO smart objects:
http://www.ipso-alliance.org/smart-object-guidelines

These are building blocks we can use to glue different services
together. But what is missing? And what should be the role of W3C
driving that work?

Unfortunately I will not be able to join the Munich meeting, but I'm
looking forward to hear what was discussed there.

Cheers,
Ari