Re: Here’s the one thing someone needs to invent before the internet of things can take off

XML or JSON aren’t sufficient by themselves.  We need semantics, data formats, and bindings to scripting languages and protocols, e.g. HTTP, Web Sockets, CoAP, MQTT, STOMP and XMPP. We also need a consistent approach to security, for instance, see: Bruce Schneier’s  post: "The Internet of Things is Wildly Insecure — And Often Unpatchable"

    https://www.schneier.com/essays/archives/2014/01/the_internet_of_thin.html <https://www.schneier.com/essays/archives/2014/01/the_internet_of_thin.html>

— Dave

—
   Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org <mailto:dsr@w3.org>>