Re: automatic group support

On 14-Aug-08, at 3:36 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> What is our current state on synchronizing w3c wiki accounts/ACLs with
> w3.org accounts and ACLs?

Jean-Gui has had some success in setting up LDAP+mediawiki, ensuring
that accounts and passwords are synced.

>  I'm still manually flipping bits on
> Special:Userrights whenever someone joins or leaves the WG.  Or, more
> often, when they bug me because I forgot to do it.

I'm not sure if our LDAP implementation takes WGs into account, or if
the LDAP module for mediawiki translates LDAP groups into MW groups.
Jean-Gui, is this something you looked into?

--
olivier